Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there only 1 USB port connected to the head unit? ie. if I want to use Android Auto, I have to unplug my USB (music) drive?

has anyone tried a USB hub with more than one device plugged in?? :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, unfortunately there is only one data usb port. all the others are charge only. It's a bummer, I know..

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The language in the manual was vague enough that it made me think the radio might support multiple USB (even if they only connected one).. but no luck so far.. ie. I pulled out several USB hubs (including a powered hub, using the AC plug in the car), but the headunit wouldn't recognize even a single USB device plugged in to the hub .. makes me think it doesn't have the drivers to enumerate the hub. Mostly out of ideas. Is this the same for all trim levels (ie. single USB)? (I have an SEL).

I tried using just Android Auto, but wow, that interface is horrible (ie. romper room size items, and severely limited interface on the Amazon Music portion (ie. I hope you wanted to only pick between the last 5 things you played b/c that was approx all I could get it to show me).

Really wanted to be able to use Google Maps and have (usable) access to my drive of USB music (I had stopped keeping mp3 on my phone to save space)

·
Registered
105 Posts
So with only the one USB port inside the storage cubbie, can you fish the wire out somehow so you don't have to leave the top door open and still access your phone? I have not found an easy way yet... Too bad that other USB port under the shift buttons would not work for carplay for that wire routing reason.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is a hole behind the wireless charging pad. Stick your fingers under there and you'll feel it. Or stick your fingers on the backside of that area and you'll find it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is a hole behind the wireless charging pad. Stick your fingers under there and you'll feel it. Or stick your fingers on the backside of that area and you'll find it.
Oh, perfect! I didn't notice that before. I guess I should have looked closer! That will work perfect. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts