Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a 3 row vehicle as my current ride, 2014 Acura mdx has over 100k and we take long trips. My son has a honda pilot and I looked at consumers report and kia Telluride was top of their list. Looked into the car, but really liked the look and lux interior of the Palisade. Followed your forum and then made contact with my dealer online. Real good low key. Just needed to see the colors in person.

Everything was great until my wife tried to adjust the steering. Killed the sale. We swap vehicles frequently as she has a two seater and after being use to the Acura we liked the power adjusting steering with memory, makes change over easy.

The current Palisade is way nicer then our current MDX, better technology and more luxury and I love not having to pump premium gas into my ride.

So I wait. Two questions:
Anyone have any insight that they may include a power adjusting steering wheel next year or this is a long shot. Any Hyundai mechanics familiar with the Genesis steering and the Palisade? Long shot, but hoping it might be the same supplier and be able to install a Genesis sterring head into a Palisade.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would only say none of us would know the future minor 2nd year changes though were are people on line who guess things but nothing has been announced. Doubt any mechanic would make a Frankenstein. Of course higher trim levels /option packages have memory seats at least.

Steering wheel wise I think you're stuck if that is a deal breaker.
** I will say my wife and swap driving regularly she is 5'2 and I am 5'9 (35 inch sleeve arms) and she has steering wheel adjusted for her and I am able to find a very comfortable driving position with just seat adjustment. ** -You might want to try the same. **

About the ratings.... CR punished Hyundai for not making BSW (Blind Spot warning) and associated turn signal on mirrors standard across the line. The bottom trim Palisade SE Model does not have, Telluride LX model does have it.

CR also likes the somewhat better feel of 18 inch wheels 245/60R18 that come standard on Palisade SE/SEL (non optioned) and LX and EX Telluride (which is what CR tested). The next trim up from Telluride LX, the S Model and top trim SX Model Telluride come on 245/50R20 as does Palisade SEL with convenience and above as well as the Limited. Fortunately if that was a concern for you its easily swapped and I am sure dealers would trade in "pricer wheels" for less.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used to like Acura's as well till they stopped innovating. Genesis will surpass them, if not already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to see that we are not alone with this problem. Even I was almost decided to replace our 2015 Infiniti QX60 with the Pallisade limited until finding about the lack of power tilt/telecsope steering during the test drive. We have the same problem, as both me and my wife will be driving it regularly and not having memory linked steering is a deal breaker. Really hoping that they add this option for 2021 model, or may be come out with Genesis GV90. I know the chances are slim for either.

·
Super Moderator
646 Posts
Don't recommend a Genesis till they get their own dealerships. I get the same service my neighbor gets with his 5 year old accent.
The GV80 is out and is really a 2 row. You can add an unusable third row seat, but not a good size. the next one will be the GV70 on their list, that is smaller yet.
Next real update is scheduled for 2023, maybe then

·
Registered
407 Posts
GV80 is not i do not think meant to be full 7/8 seater or it would not come as a 5 seater. Some want the flexibility. There are many large 5 seaters that are smaller then the a brand’s true 7/8 seaters. I presume there will be a GV90 meant for that roll. Noted on dealer network. That said at least its easy to find a service center while their still combined.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't recommend a Genesis till they get their own dealerships. I get the same service my neighbor gets with his 5 year old accent.
The GV80 is out and is really a 2 row. You can add an unusable third row seat, but not a good size. the next one will be the GV70 on their list, that is smaller yet.
Next real update is scheduled for 2023, maybe then
GV80 is not i do not think meant to be full 7/8 seater or it would not come as a 5 seater. Some want the flexibility. There are many large 5 seaters that are smaller then the a brand’s true 7/8 seaters. I presume there will be a GV90 meant for that roll. Noted on dealer network. That said at least its easy to find a service center while their still combined.

Even though a separate Genesis dealership would be nice, its not a big deal (for me at least). Plus for service at the dealership, they pick-up/drop-off the car from home.
And yes GV80 is really a 2 row SUV, that is why I had mentioned GV90 even though it is not coming out for at least 2 years. But I would definitely test drive the GV80 when it comes out later this year as we use the 3rd row only occasionally and it may be a worthwhile compromise if it is good enough for young kids. Otherwise it looks like a pretty good suv.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Genesis GV80 is about $15-20K higher than the Palisade Limited, depending on how equipped. It's a luxury vs non-luxury vehicle, but I'm pretty sure I could live with manually adjusting a steering wheel and rearview mirror for that much money. Not even sure if the GV80 will have power memory steering wheel.

Or, just stick with your Acura if its that important to you. Everything has trade offs, nothing is perfect. If your Acura were perfect would you really have created an account in the Hyundai Palisade forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Genesis GV80 is about $15-20K higher than the Palisade Limited, depending on how equipped. It's a luxury vs non-luxury vehicle, but I'm pretty sure I could live with manually adjusting a steering wheel and rearview mirror for that much money. Not even sure if the GV80 will have power memory steering wheel.

Or, just stick with your Acura if its that important to you. Everything has trade offs, nothing is perfect. If your Acura were perfect would you really have created an account in the Hyundai Palisade forum?
I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I am the one who is considering the Genesis not OP. Of course I know the differences between Palisade and GV80 and understand that most people will not be cross-shopping the two. But both fit our requirements (mostly) with different compromises. If GV90 was going to be available soon, that probably would be at the top of our list assuming it was priced similar to the G90. Palisade is a step down in terms of quality, but it is good for the price and good enough for our needs other than the memory steering.

We have the '15 Infiniti QX60 now and would prefer to replace it within this year. Also waiting to see what other manufacturer's release this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts