Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
So for those of you who are studied in this - what type of oil filter do you use? In my previous cars I have run K&N filters.

With the Palisade I get free oil changes with synthetic but my dealer is 40 miles away. Considering paying for my local trusted shop to do it - but which filter? OEM? K & N - or something else?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't have any experience with K&N oil filters, and haven't seen my OEM filter yet. From the pics on K&N's website they both appear to have e-core (plastic) center tubes. But so far, I haven't found any cartridge filters that aren't e-core. OE canister filters are generally highly regarded on BITOG website.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did my first change at 1600 miles. Will change another at 5000, and then 5k every time. I used the KN filter for about $10 on amazon, and Kirkland full synthetic oil.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Break-in oil = no such thing and hasn’t been for decades.
Allowing rings to set = see above
Friction modifiers = snake oil

When is the last time anyone has had an oil related engine failure that friction modifier would’ve solved?

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
Break-in oil = no such thing and hasn’t been for decades.
Allowing rings to set = see above
Friction modifiers = snake oil

When is the last time anyone has had an oil related engine failure that friction modifier would’ve solved?
Pure Snake Oil friction modifiers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Car Dealers do not guarantee you car, the Manufacturer does. However, these under reimbursed, step and fetch peons, in the Automotive chain of command must face you and do the work. Getting them to document your request and live up to their promises IS the local problem. Oil consumption at 2500 miles is not common without other problem, including design. Have that written into the customer complains part of the work order. Due to CO/VID 19 I had my 3,750 mile service done no oil loss. Next service was 6,800. 3 weeks later down 3/4 of a quart. Technician error? Perhaps, but it will be watched and I had the dealer note it on my records in Dickson City, PA. Now, back in Bradenton FL 1/2 quart more down within 1000 miles. Selling dealer will hear about this; Also, I want to know why the excessive wind noise above 45 was not in my records.

·
Registered
4 Posts
rllhipam, you probably know this already, but make sure you check the level 10-15 minutes after running. If you check it cold, remember it will read a little lower, since the oil expands when it’s hot.

My Palisade used 3/4 of a quart its first 3,500 miles, 1/4 quart of 5W-30 syn over the next 4,000 miles, and now at 20,000 it uses virtually none. FYI, I always use a bottle of Techron Fuel Cleaner the last tank before an oil change. The GDI’s valves love it, and the maintenance book calls for it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have lost 1 quart of oil in my first 2,500 miles. My dealer says its normal for this type of engine.

Anyone else seeing this?
So my Bf is a service advisor for Hyundai and he said his mechanics said Hyundai is shipping cars to the dealer with 1 QT short

·
Registered
1 Posts
So have the same issue with the oil consumption but not only that I think is burning it check your exhaust pipe is extremely black.. (not normal for new cars and if it is plz explain)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts