Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how often you need to get oil changes on the Palisade to remain under Hyundai warranty? And I know they do it by months or miles, so do I have to go by months if that is reached first? I find I drive about half the amount of miles needed for an oil change by the time I get to the month, so I’m hoping it’s an either or situation vs. whatever comes first, but I definitely don’t want to do something to jeopardize the warranty! I got an email from my dealership that it’s time to service my Palisade, but I’ve only had it for 3 months, so I feel like it can’t be time for an oil change or any other service yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Palisade Owners manual which can be downloaded here: https://www.hyundaipalisade.com/threads/2020-palisade-owners-manual.252/ includes in section 7 Maintenance says the first oil change is required at 7500 miles or 12 months of normal use. For severe use the first oil change is required at 3750 miles or 6 months. Some people like to have the first oil change sooner but this is not required.
The dealer sent the notice to ensure you think of them when you opt to have your vehicle serviced.

SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Follow Normal Maintenance Schedule if the vehicle is usually operated where none of the following conditions apply. If any of the following conditions apply, you must follow the Maintenance Under Severe Usage Conditions.
• Repeatedly driving short distances of less than 8 km (5 miles) in nor- mal temperature or less than 16 km (10 miles) in freezing tempera- ture
• Extensive engine idling or low speed driving for long distances
• Driving on rough, dusty, muddy, unpaved, graveled or salt- spread roads
• Driving in areas using salt or other corrosive materials or in very cold weather
• Driving in heavy dust conditions • Driving in heavy traffic area
• Driving on uphill, downhill, or mountain road
• Towing a trailer, or using a camper, or roof rack
• Driving as a patrol car, taxi, other commercial use or vehicle towing
• Driving over 170 km/h (106 mph)
• Frequently driving in stop-and-go conditions.
For additional information or assistance see your authorized HYUNDAI dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I read that, but for me I think I might reach 12 months before I reach 7500, so is it whatever you reach first? It also seems to good to be true to only have to do oil changes once a year if I’m under that 7500 miles!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes, which ever mark you reach first, either the 12 months or the 7500 miles of normal driving is when you are scheduled to do your oil change.
You should register your Palisade under this owners website from Hyundai. It will keep track of your maintenance requirements automatically.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, which ever mark you reach first, either the 12 months or the 7500 miles of normal driving is when you are scheduled to do your oil change.
You should register your Palisade under this owners website from Hyundai. It will keep track of your maintenance requirements automatically.

Thank you! That’s so helpful!

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I think my daily commute through LA traffic puts me under severe conditions. However, I plan on changing to full synthetic on my first oil change. Would it be okay to go 7500/12mo OCI under severe driving conditions if I "compensate" by changing to synthetic?

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you believe that your driving habits qualify as severe, then that is a question that you must ask the dealership mechanic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi
I am looking to buy a 3 row SUV. I am stuck between two choices. Two main choices are Hyundai palisade and Toyota highlander.
Someone just told me that Hyundai oil change and service costs are too high as compared to Toyota.
Basic oil & filter change costs as high as $300-$400 while for Toyota its mere $100 or so.
The Maintenance/services are also way too costlier in Hyundai as compared to Toyota.
Any Hyundai palisade owner please let me know what exactly is the cost of services during warranty period. It will be of great help for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Basic oil & filter change costs as high as $300-$400 while for Toyota its mere $100 or so.
This is a... bizarre take?

Hyundai oil changes are no different (fundamentally) than Toyota oil changes. Rough ballpark based on my personal experience - $30~40 for conventional, $70~80 for synthetic, depending on the shop, etc. And you're also not beholden to only using dealership service. You can go to an independent shop, or do your own oil changes.

The Maintenance/services are also way too costlier in Hyundai as compared to Toyota.
Source?

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is a... bizarre take?

Hyundai oil changes are no different (fundamentally) than Toyota oil changes. Rough ballpark based on my personal experience - $30~40 for conventional, $70~80 for synthetic, depending on the shop, etc. And you're also not beholden to only using dealership service. You can go to an independent shop, or do your own oil changes.

Source?
My source is one of my friend who used hyundai cars in While he was in India and now using toyota highlander in canada. I know this is not relivable source by any chance. But he scared me big time by telling me that hyundai service charges are way too high as compared to toyota.
Can someone post their first (or second, third) service cost to relieve me a bit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven't had my first oil change done yet, but a quick gander at my local dealership service center shows me:

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
Hi
I am looking to buy a 3 row SUV. I am stuck between two choices. Two main choices are Hyundai palisade and Toyota highlander.
Someone just told me that Hyundai oil change and service costs are too high as compared to Toyota.
Any Hyundai palisade owner please let me know what exactly is the cost of services during warranty period. It will be of great help for me.
If you know someone who paid that much for an oil change, please send them to me. I have 1 liter bottles of water for sale at just $100.00 each.
There Toyota oil change is basically the same as the Hyundai Palisade oil change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you know someone who paid that much for an oil change, please send them to me. I have 1 liter bottles of water for sale at just $100.00 each.
There Toyota oil change is basically the same as the Hyundai Palisade oil change.
what about the service cost

·
Super Moderator
995 Posts
what about the service cost
I don't charge anything for service charge on water. LOL
seriously now . My Hyundai dealership never charges me for checking things like tire air pressure, If air filter needs changing, they fill windshield washer fluid without charge. give the car a complete checkup ( in hopes of finding some thing they can charge me for) Most oil changes are for 5 quarts of oil then you are charged extra for the additional oil needed. My dealer doesn't do that but of course will charge for any air filters, cabin filters etc.
No service charge if just an oil change.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There is a lot of Catch Alls in the Severe. Idling and short distances are something that happens to alot of us. Myself included. Other then inconvenience and cost more often not going to hurt.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think if were looking for outrageous pricing you can look to Luxury brands Ms and Bs come to mind. Oil and Filter changes should not cost much around $40 give to take a bit. Naturally if you have other services prices can add up.

Honestly most dealers make their money from service so its good to be weary, but that would be more **dealer specific then **brand specific not counting luxury brands.

I would recommend contacting dealers about oil and filter changes Most of us already owning have not had to do much service since the cars are all pretty new.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts