Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day Palisade owners? Has anyone had their oil changed? If so, how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of change and what kind of oil did you use?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good day Palisade owners? Has anyone had their oil changed? If so, how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of change and what kind of oil did you use? s
Did my own oil and filter (Hyundai brand) change at 1,000 miles. I used Mobil 1 5W-30 Annual Protection full synthetic which satisfies the Hyundai/Kia spec. requirement (A5/B5). Yes, I know, Hyundai recommends 7,500 miles but I always do my own FIRST oil change at 1,000 mile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did mine at 3570. The dealer did it, and used the correct weight but it was Pennzoil I think. I know it wasn't Quaker State. Then the Bluelink went off at 3750, and it took me a couple of days to figure out how to clear it out

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did my own oil and filter (Hyundai brand) change at 1,000 miles. I used Mobil 1 5W-30 Annual Protection full synthetic which satisfies the Hyundai/Kia spec. requirement (A5/B5). Yes, I know, Hyundai recommends 7,500 miles but I always do my own FIRST oil change at 1,000 mile.
Did you by any chance check for the quantity of metal shavings in that oil change?

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Clemson were there any under-body panels covering the oil drain plug and filter?
Yes. There is one small panel held in place by 6 screws and 2 push-pins. Once the panel is removed access to drain plug and oil filter housing is excellent. The attached link shows a first time oil and filter change for the Kia Telluride. The process for the Palisade is identical except for the push pins. Also, the poster showed placing aluminum foil on some undercarriage parts yo prevent oil splashing but it is not necessary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts