Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine also scraped....I just kept turning it past the scrape and it cleared. It would be easier if you put the adapter on first for sure!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine also scraped....I just kept turning it past the scrape and it cleared. It would be easier if you put the adapter on first for sure!
Ok, the reason I didnt try that is because it seemed counterintuitive to me. I do remember trying to attach it with the adapter partially on the valve and that didnt work either. Ill give it a go next time I am due for an oil change.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ran into the same issue as you did. I put the extension on first and the put the valve on, it was tight but it will go on. Since you just changed the oil, you can drain the good oil into a clean drain pan, put the valve on and then put the good oil back in and Bob's your Uncle :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ran into the same issue as you did. I put the extension on first and the put the valve on, it was tight but it will go on. Since you just changed the oil, you can drain the good oil into a clean drain pan, put the valve on and then put the good oil back in and Bob's your Uncle :)
I could do that but I am lazy and will just wait until the next oil change lol. Plus there is some amount of wasted oil with the transfer back and forth and right now its not worth it for me. Thanks for the feedback, I guess I should have tried it with just the adapter first but it was so hot that day that I just wanted to finish up the job and wasn't really thinking.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts