Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Hyundai just add 3 years FREE maintenance to the Palisade? I hope they're "grandfathering this in".

NOPE - Only for purchases after February 1st, 2020

·
Banned
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well a little smoke and mirrors here. Figure true cost of an oil change, even synthetic is $35. That's 7 oil changes.

Hyundai raised the Palisade’s price by $250, adding $225 to the MSRP and $25 to the destination charge. That makes the Palisade’s starting price $32,895. It was $32,645. The price jump makes the top-tier Palisade Limited $47,745 when equipped with all-wheel drive. That would make the Hyundai a bit more expensive than its Kia sibling, though that’s not the only pricing change.

The Kia Telluride also sees a price increase, though it’s a larger increase by $25 for a $275 total price jump. That puts the Telluride’s starting price at $33,060, or $165 more expensive than its Hyundai sibling. The original Telluride price was $32,785.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I just blasted an angrygram to corporate Hyundai. I paid an extra $350 1.5 weeks ago for 3 years of scheduled maintenance. Why wouldnt they just say “all 2020 models” are now covered, that is basic customer service.

Between the ridiculous “wind noise” that I am bringing it back in for next week/no Digital Key like on Sonata/now free maintenance starting today, I totally regret this Palisade and Hyundai. I want my BMW X5 Back!!

UPDATE Feb 6: Hyundai corporate was quick to respond and said that they are going to forward my email to national to “work with the dealership” to “address my concerns”.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can confirm, I joined the Palisade club today and got the 3 years maintenance. It's free oil changes and tire rotations within +- 1,000 miles of the routine scheduled service intervals. It looks like an oil change at 7500, 15000, 22500, and 30000 miles. Not a huge perk but a nice add-in to the deal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My dealer already gives me my first oil change free. So basically it only amounts to 3 more oil changes. (Approx total value under $200). I bet that Hyundai raised the newsticker price more than that to cover it....

·
Registered
22 Posts
This come up in another forum I participate on for my truck in the BS sub forum. Many of us were that's interesting. However several of concluded this is a shot across the likes of Toyota, Honda or Nissan. The other conclusion was a shot across the bow for the major luxury brands who generally want to have these service plans in place to keep the customers coming back to the dealership. As I put it, this is going to Hyundai a step up a very competitive marketplace no matter which model is competing. For example, I am looking at Brand A but they only offer a 1 or 2 year complimentary service plan. Hyundai is going to offer me 3 years. As a buyer, I may look at Hyundai a bit closer. The pricing is going to be competitive, Hyundai may get a few more sales. The sales rep is going to say at our price, we are going to give you 3 years of service on the house. If you lease, that's less expense out of pocket over the 3 years. Not bad honestly. It is a sense or feeling of more value in the purchase. All vehicle companies raise their prices on a yearly basis. Hyundai is no acceptation.

However, I am an old school type who likes doing my oil in the driveway. Performing general inspection myself instead of trusting the dealer or local mechanic. My wife's sonata gets serviced only because I come to find out Hyundai is more of stickler for documentation for service on the power train warranty. If it was not such a big deal to make sure I written record, that vehicle would be done in the driveway just like any other vehicle I have owned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i personally am quite disappointed in hyundai for not including previously bought 2020 vehicles. i think this is a huge pr mistake. yea, you can say nothing is free, and they raised the price in 2020 vs when i bought ours late last year, but annual price increases are normal regardless of them offering anything in addition. so i believe the price would have gone up even if they did not offer this. my two cents worth. i hope hyundai reconsiders their decision to exclude previously bought 2020 vehicles.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
but annual price increases are normal regardless of them offering anything in addition.
Annual price increases usually correspond with new model years though, not mid model year and of an amount that corresponds pretty much exactly with the cost of the service they're adding.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think we should write it to Hyundai corporate to at-least include whatever is been sold on or after Jan 1'st 2020. I just bought mine on 25'th Jan . Missed this deal by 6 days only.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Who's starting the online petition? I'll sign it to make coverage retroactive.
for me, i bought my palisade in november. so i believe it should be for all 2020 vehicles. not just starting jan 1.

tom
Except that the price went up in early January, so people who get this free maintenance pay more for their car than you did. $250 more to be precise.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can confirm, I joined the Palisade club today and got the 3 years maintenance. It's free oil changes and tire rotations within +- 1,000 miles of the routine scheduled service intervals. It looks like an oil change at 7500, 15000, 22500, and 30000 miles. Not a huge perk but a nice add-in to the deal.
Funny my dealer in Florida gave me a hard time because they recommend oil changes at 5000 mile intervals, stating driving in Florida is severe duty. I stood my ground but I think they were trying to beat me on that one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's indeed disappointing that early-adopters weren't offered this, but this is their full prerogative to offer limited time promotions without retroactively offering it to previous buyers. That's an absurd demand. There are many products/services in all industries that run limited time promos. Do ya'll want to yell and pout at Walmart or Bestbuy for ending their Christmas sales, too? Get a grip, folks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It's indeed disappointing that early-adopters weren't offered this, but this is their full prerogative to offer limited time promotions without retroactively offering it to previous buyers.
Even that doesn't bother me. The cost of this wasn't rolled in to my purchase, so why should I expect the service I didn't pay for?

Now, the people that bought in the short period of time between the $250 price increase and this going live have a little more to be frustrated with, but even still, they got what they agreed to when they signed the contract. No different than buying a car and then the next month there being an extra $1000 incentive, etc, except that one would have actually been a notable amount of money.

Remember, we're talking here about 3-4 oil changes and nothing really more.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts