Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the non HK system speakers are 2 or 4ohm impedance? I’ve seen both and would like to get it nailed down before I purchase my speakers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
4 ohm

Recently did a major upgrade to my 21' SEL.

Put in:
Infinity Reference 6532IX 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers in all 4 doors
AudioControl D-4.800 4 Channel DSP Matrix Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate R2-500X1 Amp (for sub)
Jl Audio 10W3 Subwoofer in an enclosed box
Associated harnesses/wiring

Difference is like night/day

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 ohm

Recently did a major upgrade to my 21' SEL.

Put in:
Infinity Reference 6532IX 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers in all 4 doors
AudioControl D-4.800 4 Channel DSP Matrix Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate R2-500X1 Amp (for sub)
Jl Audio 10W3 Subwoofer in an enclosed box
Associated harnesses/wiring

Difference is like night/day
Isnt the 6532IX a 3ohm speaker? Do you have any issues with running a 3ohm speaker on a 4ohm system? Also, would you mind letting me know how much that cost? Im thinking of starting with speakers first and going from there. I am looking at the JL audio C1-650x speakers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, 3 ohm. But that is good. Less resistance for the amp......louder. Remember, the wiring also has resistance. They will be fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The reason for the audio control is that when we hooked up an RTA to test the frequencies output by the factory head unit, they were allover the place. Almost no fader to the rear speakers. Try fading to the rears and see how little sound comes out!!

This new setup works like this:
Each door speaker wire (from the head-unit) goes to the D-4.800, processed, then back to the speaker for playback.
Subwoofer signal is tapped from door speaker, goes to hi-level input of the sub amp, adjusted, then out to sub.
Tweeters up front are driven solely by the head unit.

I've got maybe around $1,200 or so invested in the system. Still playing around with the D-4.800 getting things dialed-in the way I like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts