Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard a loud tick like fuel injectors on a cold startup but then goes away after about 15-20 seconds? I was thinking it almost sounded like a rod knocking but I am not so sure since it goes away immediately after initial start up.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Has anyone heard a loud tick like fuel injectors on a cold startup but then goes away after about 15-20 seconds? I was thinking it almost sounded like a rod knocking but I am not so sure since it goes away immediately after initial start up.
Yes, I chalked it up to normal GDI motor noise. I really only hear it with the hood up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes!!! My Palisade does the same thing. You described it EXACTLY to my vehicle. It is annoying and I don't want issues down the line.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Limited made an audible ticking noise that diminished in frequency as the engine was shut down. Turned out to be the engine fan hitting something. The dealer replaced the entire fan assembly and no noise ever again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Limited made an audible ticking noise that diminished in frequency as the engine was shut down. Turned out to be the engine fan hitting something. The dealer replaced the entire fan assembly and no noise ever again.
This is not. In fact if the engine warm I do not hear it at start up. It is almost as if it is piston slap/rod noise like oil starvation until it starts flowing. For example, when I changed my oil and started up there was no noise and I am wondering if it is because i just poured 7 quarts in the upper half of motor where it will drain down to bottom therefore lubricating in that process. Super smooth engine when driving and even on start up though it is never rough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts