Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a 2020 Palisade that doesn’t have the smart tailgate feature, and it seems there is no way to pop the trunk from the inside, or even with the key… is this right?? Or am I missing something? I’m just baffled that such a nice and expensive car would have no way to open the tailgate without getting out of the car and using the handle?! Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The tailgate button is on the lower left dash panel, bottom row. There is a tailgate control on the fob and if you stand near the tail light with the fob on you, after a few secconds the tailgate will beep then open. I turn that off because it can be a nusance when washing or polishing the car. It is controlled in the settings menu.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
142 Posts
The tailgate button is on the lower left dash panel, bottom row. There is a tailgate control on the fob and if you stand near the tail light with the fob on you, after a few secconds the tailgate will beep then open. I turn that off because it can be a nusance when washing or polishing the car. It is controlled in the settings menu.
You might have missed the part where they said they don’t have a power liftgate. So none of what you said applies in this case.

To the original poster, if you don’t have a power liftgate, then your only real option is to stand near the door with the smart key (or make sure your doors are unlocked if you have an SE without a smart key). Since it’s not powered, there’s no way to shoot it open like you might a car trunk.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
Hi, I just got a 2020 Palisade that doesn’t have the smart tailgate feature, and it seems there is no way to pop the trunk from the inside, or even with the key… is this right?? Or am I missing something? I’m just baffled that such a nice and expensive car would have no way to open the tailgate without getting out of the car and using the handle?! Anyone else noticed this?
Well what trim do you have? The SE doesn't have this feature and the SEL, you need the Convenience package.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts