Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one feature that surprised me when I found out the Palisade Limited didn't have it..and one I could use! I recently cleaned out the other side of the garage so I can park in there. Only problem is..my garage is on the small side (width) and the mirrors leave like 1 inch on either side pulling in. I really wish the mirrors would fold automatically to reduce my anxiety pulling in.

anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup it's the one thing missing in the Palisade, even in Limited trim, comparing to the Telluride. For such an well rounded car it's hard to understand why they would cut corners on power folding mirrors, while the Telluride has it even in EX trim, not even the top SX trim.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, surprised to hear this news. I thought that folding mirror feature was becoming standard with Hyun / Kia (@ least the higher end trims). I daily drive a Kia Opt-SXL trim & the mirrors fold when car is locked ... it's nice to be able to glance back and know that I did lock it.

Well, thanks for the education fellas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, surprised to hear this news. I thought that folding mirror feature was becoming standard with Hyun / Kia (@ least the higher end trims). I daily drive a Kia Opt-SXL trim & the mirrors fold when car is locked ... it's nice to be able to glance back and know that I did lock it.

Well, thanks for the education fellas.
I know I have Kia Forte Ex and it has power folding mirrors , getting use to not having them on y Palisade .

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think our cars were supposed to have folding mirrors there is a setting in the car that even talks about it. I bet a bean counter decided to remove them before production.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed that too...could be a US model thing. I've read that the Korean models have power folding mirrors which is probably where that leftover text/programming came from.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think our cars were supposed to have folding mirrors there is a setting in the car that even talks about it. I bet a bean counter decided to remove them before production.

On a side note when you approach your car at night, does the interior lights turn on for anyone when you approach the vehicle? I haven’t seen mine work even though that setting is turned on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
On a side note when you approach your car at night, does the interior lights turn on for anyone when you approach the vehicle? I haven’t seen mine work even though that setting is turned on.
Based on the screenshot above, I think that settings means that the door handle lights come on. Not the interior lights. The screenshot also seems to imply that the turn-signals in the mirrors light up.

Interestingly enough, the online manual has a slightly different version of this screen (it says "Welcome Mirror/Light" instead of "Welcome Light"), and only mentions the mirror. Not the door handles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What's even more interesting is that the Power Folding Mirrors are also mentioned in the wiring diagrams, on page SD878-1 (see picture). I was also quite disappointed to learn that the side mirrors aren't auto-dimming, either. All-in-all, Hyundai completely blew it on the mirrors on the Palisade. If I had suspected for an instant that the top-level trim didn't have auto-folding mirrors, I probably would have gone with the Telluride, even though I don't like the interior as much.

There is a big list of other stuff that fell short on the Palisade, though - that's for a different thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
No interior lights activate upon approach - only the external mirror-based puddle lights. Here's another Palisade stupid, though - the interior dome light switch isn't illuminated. You know, the switch that you'll likely be trying to find IN THE DARK?!! At least they illuminated that useless POI switch next to the SOS button. :oops:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol... surely this will not be a show stopper or prevent buyers flocking to the dealership or even notice it. Cos these feature are not in most cars even the latest one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What's even more interesting is that the Power Folding Mirrors are also mentioned in the wiring diagrams, on page SD878-1 (see picture). I was also quite disappointed to learn that the side mirrors aren't auto-dimming, either. All-in-all, Hyundai completely blew it on the mirrors on the Palisade. If I had suspected for an instant that the top-level trim didn't have auto-folding mirrors, I probably would have gone with the Telluride, even though I don't like the interior as much.

There is a big list of other stuff that fell short on the Palisade, though - that's for a different thread.
It's not actually surprising that power folding mirrors are mentioned in the wiring diagram. We know that feature is enabled on the Palisade in some countries. I'm sure there's only one wiring diagram for all countries.

The more interesting question is where you got this. If you have access to a service manual, I'd love to have a copy.

·
Super Moderator
202 Posts
The palisade ultimate edition has power folding mirrors.
That is what someone from Korea told me
We don't have that edition in USA.
I believe Canada may be able to get the Ultimate edition
Maybe one of our Canadian neighbors will know if that is right

·
Registered
43 Posts
The palisade ultimate edition has power folding mirrors.
That is what someone from Korea told me
We don't have that edition in USA.
I believe Canada may be able to get the Ultimate edition
Maybe one of our Canadian neighbors will know if that is right
I have a Luxury trim, but hyundaicanada.com list suggests it's in the Ultimate trim.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts