Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're considering purchasing a SEL, but was wondering if anybody else thought it odd that there is no lock on the glove box.

I'm a privacy and security consultant, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to not securing personal information, e.g., registration information, or personal items, but it seems strange that this vehicle does not include a lock on the glove box.

Any other thoughts or opinions on the matter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're considering purchasing a SEL, but was wondering if anybody else thought it odd that there is no lock on the glove box.

I'm a privacy and security consultant, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to not securing personal information, e.g., registration information, or personal items, but it seems strange that this vehicle does not include a lock on the glove box.

I agree. I assumed that it had a lock and looked for 10 minutes, and no mention of one in the manual. I put certain things in the glovebox to lock when I am having the car serviced, etc. About my first disappointment with the car.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I learned the hard way to never keep anything valuable in the car. If thieves want it, they'll get it.
I agree, however, a locked glove box is more secure for things like registration and insurance information - both of which contain a lot of personal information. The odds of someone breaking into a car are less if there is nothing valuable in sight and locked up in the glove box.

·
Registered
32 Posts

A lock on a plastic glovebox isn't going to keep anyone out of your glovebox, it's just going to be broken so instead of losing stuff in your glovebox, you will loose the stuff in your glovebox and have a broken glovebox to replace. A twofer if you will.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
527 Posts
Can't remember the last car that I had that was equipped with a lock on the glove box. Guess those went away like installed CD players.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts