Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're considering purchasing a SEL, but was wondering if anybody else thought it odd that there is no lock on the glove box.

I'm a privacy and security consultant, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to not securing personal information, e.g., registration information, or personal items, but it seems strange that this vehicle does not include a lock on the glove box.

Any other thoughts or opinions on the matter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're considering purchasing a SEL, but was wondering if anybody else thought it odd that there is no lock on the glove box.

I'm a privacy and security consultant, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to not securing personal information, e.g., registration information, or personal items, but it seems strange that this vehicle does not include a lock on the glove box.

Any other thoughts or opinions on the matter?
I agree. I assumed that it had a lock and looked for 10 minutes, and no mention of one in the manual. I put certain things in the glovebox to lock when I am having the car serviced, etc. About my first disappointment with the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I learned the hard way to never keep anything valuable in the car. If thieves want it, they'll get it.
I agree, however, a locked glove box is more secure for things like registration and insurance information - both of which contain a lot of personal information. The odds of someone breaking into a car are less if there is nothing valuable in sight and locked up in the glove box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts