Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The rear door handles have no lock/unlock button!

As a parent, every single time I approach the car with my kids, I reach for the rear door handle first. What I do not get, is WHY couldn't the car have a button to lock/unlock the rear doors directly just like the front doors. Similar mechanism would have been great, detect the fob in my pocket and let me press it to unlock. But now without that option, I have to either manually unlock the doors using the key fob while approaching the vehicle(more often than not this is inconvenient with my hands full with stuff and the kids) OR I have to reach for the front door buttons to unlock again inconvenient. First car I've owned that doesn't have a way to lock/unlock the rear doors directly from the outside.

This seems like a design oversight, unless I'm being dumb and have missed some fundamental solution here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What cars have you owned? In our cross-shopping of the Palisade with the Pilot, Ascent, CX-9, and others I have not seen the rear doors have the button to unlock the car. I know the MDX has it, but it's a different class vehicle. I am guessing the GV80 will have this feature as well. Having said that, I do miss being able to lock/unlock the car with the button under the hatch like the CX-9 has.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The big complain here is that the car should have sensors on the handles instead of buttons to unlock. Many new cars nowadays have sensors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes I do love the sensors on my Acura. Just go to open the door and it unlocks. But the button is a small extra step.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What cars have you owned? In our cross-shopping of the Palisade with the Pilot, Ascent, CX-9, and others I have not seen the rear doors have the button to unlock the car. I know the MDX has it, but it's a different class vehicle. I am guessing the GV80 will have this feature as well. Having said that, I do miss being able to lock/unlock the car with the button under the hatch like the CX-9 has.
Good point, I think I’m used to a different class of vehicles. Lexus, BMW, Audi mainly. Since the Palisade has done such a great job at punching above its weight class in so many other areas, I took the luxury to assume without realizing this wasn’t standard on any of its competitors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good point, I think I’m used to a different class of vehicles. Lexus, BMW, Audi mainly. Since the Palisade has done such a great job at punching above its weight class in so many other areas, I took the luxury to assume without realizing this wasn’t standard on any of its competitors.
This is what I've found amazing about the Palisade. Just how many current or previous luxury car owners (lexus, audi, etc) are seriously looking at it. And with good reason. The features and cabin feel are as good if not better than a lot of the luxury class vehicles. Unfortunately, to your point, some smaller things the luxury owners take for granted are missing. One thing that drives me nuts is how hard you have to slam the doors to fully close them. But the things that are present combined with the price point certainly make up for it IMO!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the Limited and also wish that there were sensors as opposed to buttons. The other annoying thing is that all doors have to be closed before you can lock from the outside (can be done if you use the interior lock). My wife takes longer to get out and close her door than I do.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Ultimate AWD Steel Grafite
10 Posts
The rear doors will unlock/lock whenever u unlock or lock the front with the remote or the button on the handle, if yours don’t work you have to set it in the vehicle settings on the screen, including curtesy lights and so on

·
Registered
12 Posts
The rear doors will unlock/lock whenever u unlock or lock the front with the remote or the button on the handle, if yours don’t work you have to set it in the vehicle settings on the screen, including curtesy lights and so on
Do you know what setting this is? Mine do not unlock by pressing the button on the handle. I have looked through the settings and the only thing I have come across for the door locks is the autolock/unlock feature (park or engine off) and the setting to press the fob 2X to unlock all the doors. Couldn't find anything else. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
From the fob yes, but not from the driver door button. It will not unlock all four doors by pressing the button on the driver's door. Oddly enough (and per the manual) pressing the door button on the passenger side door does indeed unlock all 4 doors. Seems insanely silly to not have this feature on the driver's side as well. Not the end of the world, but certainly nice just to press the door button and unlock everything.

·
Registered
753 Posts
From the fob yes, but not from the driver door button. It will not unlock all four doors by pressing the button on the driver's door. Oddly enough (and per the manual) pressing the door button on the passenger side door does indeed unlock all 4 doors. Seems insanely silly to not have this feature on the driver's side as well. Not the end of the world, but certainly nice just to press the door button and unlock everything.
Press it twice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Press it twice.
I did figure it out.. the "2nd press for locking all 4 doors" feature has to be disabled. I was assuming that with that enabled (for wife safety) that one could just press the driver's door button 2X to unlock all 4 if needed. That doesn't work from the driver's side however. Still a bit odd that I can't just press it 2X to unlock all 4

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds like you need to have a shop look at this issue. My Limited locks and unlocks all four doors with a single push of the button. I do wish that they had sensors on all four doors like my wife's MB300.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like you need to have a shop look at this issue. My Limited locks and unlocks all four doors with a single push of the button. I do wish that they had sensors on all four doors like my wife's MB300.
right, but you don't have the "press 2X to unlock" feature set. It's not an issue with the vehicle, just the way it works. I guess the value would be that if you still wanted the safety feature of pressing the unlock 1X from the door handle to unlock just the driver's door that would still be there. Then if you pressed the door handle button 2X then it would unlock all 4 doors. Just makes more sense since this is the way the fob works.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My unlocks all four doors from the FOB with just one push. I do not have the 2x to unlock feature enabled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My unlocks all four doors from the FOB with just one push. I do not have the 2x to unlock feature enabled.
Right, that's the way mine works as well. Without that set I can unlock from the fob or the door handle with just one press. With it set I can unlock all doors from the fob with 2 presses, but cannot unlock all doors from the driver's door handle with 2 presses. Which per the manual is how it is supposed to work. So you lose that "safety" feature. Just seems like with the feature turned on since Hyundai allows you to press 2X from the fob to unlock all doors it would be nice to press 2X from the driver's side handle to unlock all doors as well. Then you still retain that safety, but have the option to keep your fob in your pocket/purse while unlocking all doors. Again, not the end of the world, but much more convenient.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Right, that's the way mine works as well. Without that set I can unlock from the fob or the door handle with just one press. With it set I can unlock all doors from the fob with 2 presses, but cannot unlock all doors from the driver's door handle with 2 presses. Which per the manual is how it is supposed to work. So you lose that "safety" feature. Just seems like with the feature turned on since Hyundai allows you to press 2X from the fob to unlock all doors it would be nice to press 2X from the driver's side handle to unlock all doors as well. Then you still retain that safety, but have the option to keep your fob in your pocket/purse while unlocking all doors. Again, not the end of the world, but much more convenient.
OK, I have 2-press-unlock turned on in the settings. With the car locked, if I press the button on the driver's door handle once, only the driver's door unlocks. If I press it twice, all doors unlock. I just tested it.

This is the behavior you want. It works fine for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, I have 2-press-unlock turned on in the settings. With the car locked, if I press the button on the driver's door handle once, only the driver's door unlocks. If I press it twice, all doors unlock. I just tested it.

This is the behavior you want. It works fine for me.
yeah that is what I was hoping it would do. I went back out and tried again as I did before and low and behold after switching it back to ON it worked as your does. It was on from the factory (picked the vehicle up yesterday) and I never changed it except to leave it off so maybe it just glitched and needed to be set to OFF then back ON again. I tried it 10 times yesterday and it just didn't do anything with the other doors.. Tried it just now and unlocked all doors perfectly the first time I tired it with 2 door handle presses. Ignore all my prior gibberish! Thanks for confirming!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts