Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presumably I just cannot figure this stuff out, but I cannot remotely fold the side mirrors or get my iPod to play. Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Palisade does NOT have power folding mirrors!
I think that it is mentioned in every Hyundai forum...
Sorry, never had an Apple product, I have no idea about an ipod.
It also does not store the seat memory into your key fob, you have to press memory button 1 or 2. You also have to turn on the cruise control switch every time you start the car, and it will not remember the rear hvac setting after the car is off for a few hours. The ventilated seats must also be turned on each time you start the car, and are not controlled by the hvac system.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK.
I just joined the Hyundai Forum today so I was unaware that this issue has been mentioned in every Hyundai Forum.

·
184 Posts
I POD will work and play. Check out page 4-8 of the display manual.
Don't know why but says you should use the usb cable which came with the I POD

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I thought too. The ipod worked fine in the Sorento, but I think that the Palisade USB only works with a memory stick. Not a big deal I guess, maybe ipod is old tech now anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I POD will work and play. Check out page 4-8 of the display manual.
Don't know why but says you should use the usb cable which came with the I POD
I saw that too. Thanks. I'll certainly try that if I can find the original cable that is. I have tried a couple of other cables with no success, but will try to find that cable.

·
184 Posts
You can buy a new cable from apple or borrow one from someone else to see if it works with the apple usb cable
Also note it may only work in the one usb port next to the phone charging pad, not sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not to sound overly melodramatic here, but I will be severely depressed if the iPod doesn’t work in the Palisade that I’m hoping to buy soon. I have too much music to store on my phone, and that’s what I listen to in the car. Have you tried connecting it via Bluetooth? My iPod Touch connects this way with my hubby’s Santa Fe. It takes more steps than it should, but it can be done.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I have tried about three different ipod cables and the car doesn't recognize the ipod. In the USB port next to the shifter of course, where your phone must be plugged in for Android Auto, or where music on a USB stick will be recognized and played.
What would be really useful would be for someone who has actually made an ipod work rather than all this GUESSING, ..............imho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here is what I KNOW (no guessing involved here):
1. My iPod works perfectly in Hubby’s Hyundai SantaFe XL via both Bluetooth and plugging it into a specified USB port. His system is similar, if not identical to, the Palisade, as previously mentioned. I do not have my Palisade yet to verify it specifically.
2. There are at least 2 people on the Telluride forum who have gotten tto work by following the instructions, plugging into the correct USB port, and making sure their iPods are turned on.
3. There are those on the Telluride forum who have reported doing the same thing, and their iPods don’t work. The working theory in that forum is that it may have to do with the age of the iPod, but no one knows for sure.
Ideas, “guessing,” and observations are where all knowledge comes from, so I will continue to appreciate all of these things if it helps me use my beloved iPod in my new Palisade.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is what I KNOW (no guessing involved here):
1. My iPod works perfectly in Hubby’s Hyundai SantaFe XL via both Bluetooth and plugging it into a specified USB port. His system is similar, if not identical to, the Palisade, as previously mentioned. I do not have my Palisade yet to verify it specifically.
2. There are at least 2 people on the Telluride forum who have gotten tto work by following the instructions, plugging into the correct USB port, and making sure their iPods are turned on.
3. There are those on the Telluride forum who have reported doing the same thing, and their iPods don’t work. The working theory in that forum is that it may have to do with the age of the iPod, but no one knows for sure.
Ideas, “guessing,” and observations are where all knowledge comes from, so I will continue to appreciate all of these things if it helps me use my beloved iPod in my new Palisade.
Please let us know if your ipod works in your Palisade. That would be really useful information. As you say maybe the generation of ipod would make a difference.
Unfortunately there is absolutely no reason to assume that the entertainment system in the Santa Fe is the same as in the Palisade. Guessing is dangerous and not where knowledge comes from.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So FOLDING MIRRORS, that don't.
After trying everything to get the side mirrors to fold, I have to admit defeat. Strange since there is so much high tech in our Palisade Limited Hytrac......However, while trawling through the many panels in the displays to try to solve the ipod mystery I came across this yesterday.
Hmmmmm. The plot thickens. "The outside mirrors unfold"???
side mirrors.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will absolutely let everyone know if my iPod works in my new ride. As for the infotainment system in the Santa Fe, I am not assuming anything. I am stating a fact. My iPod works there. Another fact: the infotainment system is not new or unique to the Palisade. Nor is the UVO system in the KIA. No assumptions were ever made. Just facts given. By the way, however, guessing (or hypotheses) lead to data collection, which leads to knowledge. It’s science. My point is simply that I am interested in anything that other members want to contribute to the discussion, and I don’t want to discourage that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As for the folding mirrors, I can tell you this:
There are international versions of the Palisade which do have folding mirrors, but also have the same infotainment system. I have also been told by another individual who is more knowledgeable than I am that the US version of the Palisade most likely has wiring for folding mirrors. Sometimes, it is cheaper in the factory to leave things on a vehicle than to omit them for a different version. I know you don’t like guesses, but it is my hypothesis that either the infotainment statement was either an oversight, or it cost too much money to have that statement removed for the US version. My dealer says that none of the Palisades in the US have folding mirrors, and I’ve never heard of any evidence that they do. I feel for you- I share your disappointment 😞.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. It's really no big deal, just interesting to see this screen shot. I was just wondering if I was missing a way to set up the car settings. Our 2016 Sorento SX had folding mirrors, accepted ipod, etc, the systems are similar but not the same. I agree that factories often install a standard loom, and CANBUS these days, and modify it for different markets.
At least I'll stop trying to find the correct combination of screens to go to now. Lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts