Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Limited and one thing I am having trouble with is the lack of a dedicated home button for the infotainment system. It looks like there is a dedicated homer button on the lower trims but not on the limited. I would use the one programmable button for this, but I am using that for Android Auto. The manual says that the home screen is accessed by hitting the home icon on the screen. That would be well and good(ish) if that icon were always present, but I have been finding that it often is not. As an example, when in Android Auto, I cannot get the home icon to appear. The best process I have worked out is to hit the settings button, just to get out of AA, and then the home icon will pop up in settings. There must be a better way. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just got my Limited and one thing I am having trouble with is the lack of a dedicated home button for the infotainment system. It looks like there is a dedicated homer button on the lower trims but not on the limited. I would use the one programmable button for this, but I am using that for Android Auto. The manual says that the home screen is accessed by hitting the home icon on the screen. That would be well and good(ish) if that icon were always present, but I have been finding that it often is not. As an example, when in Android Auto, I cannot get the home icon to appear. The best process I have worked out is to hit the settings button, just to get out of AA, and then the home icon will pop up in settings. There must be a better way. Am I missing something?
That's because in Android Auto, the phone takes the interface over. I'm not at all familiar with Android Auto, but I am familiar with Apple CarPlay. It also takes the interface over. To get back to the Hyundai infotainment system, you go back to the CarPlay home screen and there's a Hyundai icon that you click on that takes you out of CarPlay and back to the default Hyundai interface. I assume there's similar functionality in Android Auto, but I don't use it, so I can't confirm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw that in the CarPlay section of the manual, however, there does not appear to be an equivalent icon in AA. What I don't understand is why there is no dedicated button as there is on the other trims. Seems an odd design choice given the otherwise thoughtful design of the car and infotainment system.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Yeah, I saw that in the CarPlay section of the manual, however, there does not appear to be an equivalent icon in AA. What I don't understand is why there is no dedicated button as there is on the other trims. Seems an odd design choice given the otherwise thoughtful design of the car and infotainment system.
According to this, there is an exit button in the app drawer (in their screenshot, it looks like a Honda logo. I assume because they're testing in a Honda). This is with the new interface, not the old one:

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's because in Android Auto, the phone takes the interface over. I'm not at all familiar with Android Auto, but I am familiar with Apple CarPlay. It also takes the interface over. To get back to the Hyundai infotainment system, you go back to the CarPlay home screen and there's a Hyundai icon that you click on that takes you out of CarPlay and back to the default Hyundai interface. I assume there's similar functionality in Android Auto, but I don't use it, so I can't confirm.
Yes, in Android Auto there is a hyundai icon, hit that and it will take you back to infotainment screen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts