Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also received the dreaded "Your vehicle will not be available on Dec 7". I asked for details behind the delay and it appears the dealership does not know but is now claiming that is should be here Dec 28th. I am, of course, am a bit skeptical but hopeful as it would be a nice holiday gift. Mine was ordered July 26th!

·
Registered
370 Posts
This is the same thing that happened to us in August, when they were waiting for more tires to come in to replace them at the port of entry (for flat spots). Hyundai was particularly bad at updating the dealership - they basically kept pushing the delivery date without giving them any explanation.

Hyundai needs to invest in a VIN tracker for new car buyers. Many other manufacturers do that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
delays....delays.....today was the promise date when I put my deposit down....of course, no car nor any word....I wanted to break in the car before taking it on an long interstate trip the 3rd of January.....now it looks like I may need to cancel the order, and take my wife's car....(I traded in my truck, and do not want to drive the truck on a long trip)….I know from reading here that many of us were given arrival dates in early December....I expect there will be few of us who see their cars as promised....if it's tires, a company trying to serve their customers would buy compatible tires in the US, and have the dealer put them on, instead of waiting for tire shipments to catch up with the cars....they would have to get tires for maybe 2000 vehicles to eliminate the delays(?)….they are not making good customer decisions, it seems to me....

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Some white with beige interior AWD Palisades are coming to phoenix area, one arrived today. Most of them were not even ordered by dealerships, just delivered for stock. The one which arrived today was sold today. Others are in transit

·
Registered
370 Posts
delays....delays.....today was the promise date when I put my deposit down....of course, no car nor any word....I wanted to break in the car before taking it on an long interstate trip the 3rd of January.....now it looks like I may need to cancel the order, and take my wife's car....(I traded in my truck, and do not want to drive the truck on a long trip)….I know from reading here that many of us were given arrival dates in early December....I expect there will be few of us who see their cars as promised....if it's tires, a company trying to serve their customers would buy compatible tires in the US, and have the dealer put them on, instead of waiting for tire shipments to catch up with the cars....they would have to get tires for maybe 2000 vehicles to eliminate the delays(?)….they are not making good customer decisions, it seems to me....
I don’t know if your delays are due to tires, like me, or something else. But no, they won’t just pick any compatible tire. They’ll go with what they’ve validated with the design. They actually had Michelin tires validated, but they had to qualifie Bridgestones: they couldn’t get enough Michelins. There’s a newspaper article somewhere where that is mentioned.

When they discovered they needed to replace tires, they used up all the available stock of Bridgestone tires.

And they don’t want to have that done at dealerships, because it will be perceived as a quality issue for customers, and they care a lot about the initial quality survey. Plus dealers would charge Hyundai more money for the work than if they do it themselves.

Of course, my dealer discovered what they were doing and now I, the customer, know what the issue was anyway. But I got a car without issues and that’s what matters to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today the dealer told me our white awd Limited with Beige interior has been built. Not sure of final date but they told me approx Dec 28. Ordered back at end of July so waiting patiently for 5 months!!

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Today the dealer told me our white awd Limited with Beige interior has been built. Not sure of final date but they told me approx Dec 28. Ordered back at end of July so waiting patiently for 5 months!!
Just received notice from my dealer, Vin # and they said due in port approx. Dec 24. I should get around Jan 4

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This morning checked the hyundaiusa site. Whoa just in 50 miles of me 7 white/beige AWD now show, along with 21 white/beige FWD and 5 white/black.
Sure looks like they are shipping in color and configuration batches

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just noticed the one other white/beige AWD has a vin# similar to mine ending in 0900xx. All the rest have the vin# up 0978xx. Looks like they had skipped some low numbers and decided to use them now.
Guess that is because our new vin#'s have the updates of power folding auto dimming mirrors and the new lighted buttons on over head console
Most of you already know I'm full of crap, but would have been nice.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts