Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a notice from my dealership saying they received a notice, That the white and Beige limited AWD Palisade could not be shipped for a Dec.7 delivery.
Indeed the date is changed to Jan.7, 2020.
Anyone else heard the dec.7 delivery date has changed for their palisade?
I've now been waiting since the end of July

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got a notice from my dealership saying they received a notice, That the white and Beige limited AWD Palisade could not be shipped for a Dec.7 delivery.
Dang…..that is a long wait, indeed....I am supposed to get delivery on or around Dec 7th on a Burgundy and Beige Limited.....Is it only the combination of White and Beige that is delayed, or any Palisade with a Beige interior? Since I haven't heard from my dealer, I assume it might be a problem with the white exterior(?)…..I feel for you in getting another delay...hopefully it will be worth the wait..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am also waiting on a White with Beige but have not yet heard from my dealer. As of two days ago everything was a “go”. But until it’s in my garage I’m not assuming anything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am also waiting on a White with Beige but have not yet heard from my dealer. As of two days ago everything was a “go”. But until it’s in my garage I’m not assuming anything.
I was interested in the white, but had a question about that exterior color....is there both a polar or creamy white as well as a hyper white available?....I thing the hyper with a beige interior would be attractive.....in the end, my dealer was allotted a burgundy/beige limited, and since I wanted delivery before Christmas, I settled for that one...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate to think that you feel like you settled for the burgundy/beige combo. After seeing that combo in person, I personally think that combo is gorgeous. I hope after driving it it for a while and getting the compliments I know you'll get, you'll come think think of it as a great decision. White vehicles are a dime a dozen, not too many burgundy/beige combos are out there that look as good. Best of luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I started out "wanting' a hyper white with beige interior, but the pictures of the burgundy/beige Palisades are indeed beautiful.....the Limiteds are so hard to find here in the Utah/Idaho/Wyoming area that I committed with a down payment on a burgundy/beige that is scheduled to be at the dealer by Dec 7th, without actually seeing one of that version....if the car looks as good as the videos of that combination, I will be overjoyed...…...regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was interested in the white, but had a question about that exterior color....is there both a polar or creamy white as well as a hyper white available?....I thing the hyper with a beige interior would be attractive.....in the end, my dealer was allotted a burgundy/beige limited, and since I wanted delivery before Christmas, I settled for that one...
I think the Burgundy will be very attractive. I think the Blue with beige would also be a pretty combo. We are in the same boat as you except the only color we can get is white with the beige. It seemed like an interesting white up close but I’m not sure anyone can tell on the road. We hold onto our cars forever so I think white will be a good choice for us as it is ages well. We’ll just be happy if we even get the car at this point since Limiteds are living up to their name. Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang…..that is a long wait, indeed....I am supposed to get delivery on or around Dec 7th on a Burgundy and Beige Limited.....Is it only the combination of White and Beige that is delayed, or any Palisade with a Beige interior? Since I haven't heard from my dealer, I assume it might be a problem with the white exterior(?)…..I feel for you in getting another delay...hopefully it will be worth the wait..
Can you ask your dealership if yours is delayed also?
Hate to think my dealer is on the crap list.
There was just a shipment of white palisades with beige interiors came in to
dealers in my area. None of them were AWD and all had been presold

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you ask your dealership if yours is delayed also?
Hate to think my dealer is on the crap list.
There was just a shipment of white palisades with beige interiors came in to
dealers in my area. None of them were AWD and all had been presold
I asked my dealer today, and he responded "as of now, the delivery is scheduled from Dec 5th through Dec 10th"......depending on how you parse the "as of now", I guess one could think there may be a more generic problem than only the whites, and that shoe will drop.....or it could be read in a straight forward way as being expected between those dates....I sense that Hyundai is not the best in the game at keeping their dealers informed...good luck with your wait....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was supposed to be December 7th, however it got in on November 15th <fri> and I picked it up November 18th <mon>. It's the burgundy/beige awd limited. And.. it's really gorgeous.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm beginning to think mine got sent to someone else or damaged in transit

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm beginning to think mine got sent to someone else or damaged in transit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine was supposed to be December 7th, however it got in on November 15th <fri> and I picked it up November 18th <mon>. It's the burgundy/beige awd limited. And.. it's really gorgeous.
Wow….someone got one early.....who knew?.....glad the burgundy/beige is beautiful...that's what I am getting, sight unseen, except for videos...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm beginning to think mine got sent to someone else or damaged in transit
yeah...probably damage.....I was thinking about the delay from the time that the ship from Ulsan arrives in port until it shows up at the dealer....My burgundy/beige limited docked in California on schedule Nov 25th at 8:30 AM...the ship had other vehicles to deliver and left port at 2:30 PM....my car was on the manifesto, therefore it was on land by that time on the 25th....Delivery is scheduled at dealer on Dec 7th, plus of minus 3 days....the drive time for a vehicle hauler is about 1.5 days....what is happening the rest of that time? Any repairs/tire changes/etc. would logically be done by the receiving dealer...I don't think Hyundai would be prepared to do much at the port other than ship them on a truck....so what takes the approximately 10 days to get to the dealer?
Is there a shortage of vehicle transporters such that some must wait for other cars to be delivered before their car is loaded? If not that, what is happening to the cars off-loaded at the dock?

·
Registered
248 Posts
yeah...probably damage.....I was thinking about the delay from the time that the ship from Ulsan arrives in port until it shows up at the dealer....My burgundy/beige limited docked in California on schedule Nov 25th at 8:30 AM...the ship had other vehicles to deliver and left port at 2:30 PM....my car was on the manifesto, therefore it was on land by that time on the 25th....Delivery is scheduled at dealer on Dec 7th, plus of minus 3 days....the drive time for a vehicle hauler is about 1.5 days....what is happening the rest of that time? Any repairs/tire changes/etc. would logically be done by the receiving dealer...I don't think Hyundai would be prepared to do much at the port other than ship them on a truck....so what takes the approximately 10 days to get to the dealer?
Is there a shortage of vehicle transporters such that some must wait for other cars to be delivered before their car is loaded? If not that, what is happening to the cars off-loaded at the dock?
That's actually the opposite: they do inspections and repairs at the port of entry. This is what happened to ours: they inspected and replaced tires that had flat spots caused by the long shipping duration. But they didn't have enough tires, so our car sat at the port of entry for a month before they got the tires in, swapped them and then finally sent the car to the dealer.

Letting the dealer do it means Hyundai has to pay the dealer. At the port of entry, it's Hyundai directly. It's cheaper for them to do it that way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's actually the opposite: they do inspections and repairs at the port of entry. This is what happened to ours: they inspected and replaced tires that had flat spots caused by the long shipping duration. But they didn't have enough tires, so our car sat at the port of entry for a month before they got the tires in, swapped them and then finally sent the car to the dealer.

Letting the dealer do it means Hyundai has to pay the dealer. At the port of entry, it's Hyundai directly. It's cheaper for them to do it that way.
Thanks for clearing that up....I am surprised they have facilities near the port to do that....maybe it speaks to the percentage that do need some service after the boat ride....
My shipping time was 9 day from Ulsan to Benecia California....surprising that the tires would have flat spots in such a short time...maybe yours took longer in transit?...………..again, a surprise to me they would change tires....it seems like running them 2-5 miles would smooth out any flat spot, but what do I know...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have seen pictures of Burgubdys with a uniform beige interior....and one video of a burgundy at a Reno dealership that had a two-toned beige interior, with a darker brown along the bolsers for the seats.....which one came with your vehicle? My invoice from the dealer says mine will be dark brown/beige....so I guess it will be like the one on the video from the Reno area....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up....I am surprised they have facilities near the port to do that....maybe it speaks to the percentage that do need some service after the boat ride....
My shipping time was 9 day from Ulsan to Benecia California....surprising that the tires would have flat spots in such a short time...maybe yours took longer in transit?...………..again, a surprise to me they would change tires....it seems like running them 2-5 miles would smooth out any flat spot, but what do I know...
Once the tires have flat spots, it's too late: the tires are deformed and need replaced. My port of entry was Philadelphia, and I believe the shipping time from Korea is 30 days, or so I was told.

You'd be surprised as to how much car processing facilities can do. Accessories are typically installed at the port of entry, requiring a shop to do that. They wash cars... etc.

Here's what Philadelphia advertises for one of their car processing facility:
Accessory shop accommodates 125 vehicles;
Auto-washing system handles 125 vehicles per hour;
Computer tracking system follows entire process;
Designated Foreign-Trade Zone

And for another one also in the port of Philadelphia:
108,000 sq. ft.
Two car washes, able to service 200 cars per hour
VPC capable of processing over 1,000 cars per day
Specialty heated floors – To assist productivity in winter weather conditions
State-of-the-art body shop with two double prep stations and two joined double paint booths

Here's a small section of the port of Philadelphia from Google Maps (it's way bigger than just this screenshot). Notice the big building with the Hyundai and Kia logos:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow….someone got one early.....who knew?.....glad the burgundy/beige is beautiful...that's what I am getting, sight unseen, except for videos...
I got my burgundy/beige sight-unseen last week. Not disappointed! It’s a very dark color, sometimes almost brown or “eggplant”. The color changes, depending on the color of the sky. I get lots of compliments on the color!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Once the tires have flat spots, it's too late: the tires are deformed and need replaced. My port of entry was Philadelphia, and I believe the shipping time from Korea is 30 days, or so I was told.

You'd be surprised as to how much car processing facilities can do. Accessories are typically installed at the port of entry, requiring a shop to do that. They wash cars... etc.

Here's what Philadelphia advertises for one of their car processing facility:
Accessory shop accommodates 125 vehicles;
Auto-washing system handles 125 vehicles per hour;
Computer tracking system follows entire process;
Designated Foreign-Trade Zone

And for another one also in the port of Philadelphia:
108,000 sq. ft.
Two car washes, able to service 200 cars per hour
VPC capable of processing over 1,000 cars per day
Specialty heated floors – To assist productivity in winter weather conditions
State-of-the-art body shop with two double prep stations and two joined double paint booths

Here's a small section of the port of Philadelphia from Google Maps (it's way bigger than just this screenshot). Notice the big building with the Hyundai and Kia logos:

View attachment 487
thanks....I had no idea that any maker had facilities like this.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts