Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Crv
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

looking into a limited palisade late March, sadly there are no Costco or truecar dealers currently in Minneapolis. Does anyone know what i should offer? I’m pretty new to this...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sadly, the last time I checked, there were only 2 Costco-affiliated dealerships offering special pricing on Palisades in the United States. The closest to Minnesota was in Elgin, IL. Where are you located? Maybe I can help.

·
Registered
2017 Crv
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I’m in Minneapolis. Just don’t want to pay MSRP and I’m not good at all with negotiation (hence the polka dots and bows for my daughter)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! I’m in Minneapolis. Just don’t want to pay MSRP and I’m not good at all with negotiation (hence the polka dots and bows for my daughter)
I was going to head to Elgin, IL to get Costco pricing myself, but I'm in Iowa and 6 hours away. Ended up purchasing in Iowa City and was able to negotiate 1K off MSRP, although it was FWD so that may be the only reason I was able to knock off anything. That said, I believe Elgin Hyundai will do about 1K off MSRP for Costco pricing.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
With the exception of the occasional quarterly specials that costco does with one manufacturer or another, costco pricing is generally just a backend into truecar prices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Luther Bloomington Hyundai is the Costco dealer. Got mine there. They did not give Costco pricing, but I did get mine for under MSRP. (Limited, AWD) And did get a coupon a few days later for 50% off accessories through the Costco program. Felt like it was a decent deal.

When I first made contact with them, they said they would be willing to negotiate at end of month (this was in January) to boost sales. I didn't get there until early this month but still managed a bit of negotiating power. Talk to Carrie, she was very good to work with. She is one of the Costco sales people.

Also Buerkle indicated that they were willing to deal. Though they didn't have anything with black interior at the time, so the sales guy said they would be willing to negotiate if I was willing to buy something with beige interior. We did not talk specific numbers though. if nothing else, you can use the fact that they have had several of their white and the steel Graphite on the lot for a while. I was there a few times over a few weeks and saw the same cars. Sales guy even said the steel Graphite he was trying to sell me was the same one I kept looking at.

if you want the blue with black interior (again, limited AWD), Walser has had the same one on the lot for a few weeks now as well.

i shopped around a bunch and drove all sorts of Palisades (SEL and limited) and the dealers I was at seem to have a moderate selection and you should be able to find something under MSRP.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went to Walser, Inver Grove Hyundai, Luther Bloomington, and Luther Burnsville. Inver Grove’s sales manager gave me a horrendously condescending speech about supply and demand, but ultimately came down to $500 below MSRP, plus all incentives on a Limited AWD, which I was willing to wait for. Luther Bloomington’s sales manager was exceedingly rude when I told him of the deal that Inver Grove offered, gave me an even more snide, condescending speech, and would not come away from MSRP at all. Walser was nice, but stayed firm at MSRP. Luther Burnsville was fabulous. Justin was our sales person. He had no problem with $500 below MSRP with all incentives, and I possibly could have gotten even more, if I had pushed for it. He treated me awesome, and was totally respectful. I would completely recommend Luther Burnsville, based on my experience.

·
Registered
2017 Crv
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Teag
I went to Walser, Inver Grove Hyundai, Luther Bloomington, and Luther Burnsville. Inver Grove’s sales manager gave me a horrendously condescending speech about supply and demand, but ultimately came down to $500 below MSRP, plus all incentives on a Limited AWD, which I was willing to wait for. Luther Bloomington’s sales manager was exceedingly rude when I told him of the deal that Inver Grove offered, gave me an even more snide, condescending speech, and would not come away from MSRP at all. Walser was nice, but stayed firm at MSRP. Luther Burnsville was fabulous. Justin was our sales person. He had no problem with $500 below MSRP with all incentives, and I possibly could have gotten even more, if I had pushed for it. He treated me awesome, and was totally respectful. I would completely recommend Luther Burnsville, based on my experience.
I got a quote of roughly 2k below MSRP if I leave with the car, I told him I have to talk to my wife first, I will probably do it next weekend especially since they said they would cover my last month lease payment for a CRV I got at Luther :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didn't end up talking to the manager, just the sales person at Bloomington. I did get a little of the supply/demand spiel, but it was delivered respectfully. I told them I understood but did have the luxury of not needing a car at that moment. I wanted to upgrade but there was no urgency. I would have definitely walked away if there was any condescension. It's a shame people have to act like that

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was going to head to Elgin, IL to get Costco pricing myself, but I'm in Iowa and 6 hours away. Ended up purchasing in Iowa City and was able to negotiate 1K off MSRP, although it was FWD so that may be the only reason I was able to knock off anything. That said, I believe Elgin Hyundai will do about 1K off MSRP for Costco pricing.

I spoke with one of the sales person at Elgin Hyundai regarding Costco pricing and she mentioned ~1K off MSRP ... also the pic above is what we had at our Costco directing to Elgin Hyundai.
If u are looking in Chicago area look up the inventory at D’arcy Hyundai... they are advertising better discounts on their website

1 - 12 of 12 Posts