Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Account has been successfully established on MyHyundai website, Bluelink app downloaded to phone but remote commands from phone AND laptop have all failed. Contacted Bluelink customer service and walked through troubleshooting to find that the vehicle itself is not receiving or accessing Verizon mobile network that Bluelink uses. They have opened trouble ticket to research. Has anyone experienced this problem ? This vehicle was a demo and I suspect that sales employee that used vehicle may have disconnected something. The vehicle does not pick up the Bluelink mobile signal ANYWHERE.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Exact same issue. Called them yesterday and first guy says the system has been offline for 2 days??? Called again and next agent said there is an issue with cars that were registered on December 11 and 12. She had me reset system, reactive, sign out etc but nothing has worked. When I log on using via browser, it sees my car and correct mileage but won’t let me do anything. When I go in via the app it says further setup is needed and to call BlueLink.
Please let me know if you get it resolved. I will do the same.

·
Registered
455 Posts
At the risk if asking a silly question what model and options do you have. I literally had a sales person tell me they would register me with Blue link because it would better that way, more freebie time (on my way out with my New Palisade SEL).

Thing is that would be a pretty good trick.... Its only standard on the Limited in the US and part of the SEL options packages when you add on the Drivers Package 10.2 inch screen which of course requires other option packages. ** Yup you guessed it I have a non optioned SEL, only Key Fob remote start and regular AV unit, No Drivers, No Blue Link

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Limited AWD. I called BlueLink again today about the issue. This time I was told the entire BlueLink system has been out of service for 3 days with no ETA to have it back online. Apparently I’m all set up as I should be but the outage is making it impossible to connect. They say when it’s back online all will be well. We’ll see.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well the good news you have the features you want:) Enjoy. In the interim you can do remote start from the Key Fob, one the main things you can also do from Blue Link. Just hit the lock button, then hold down the remote start button till the remote flashes briefly, engine will be running (the flash is telling the you/the remote communication complete). If you push it again it shuts the engine off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Palisade SEL with Convenience and Premium packages AND Drive Guidance option under which Blue Link is included. Blue Link customer care is able to validate vehicle's eligibility based on VIN. According to them everything checks out and looks good in their system EXCEPT that no carrier signal (Verizon data network, which Blue Link uses) is detected by the vehicle. My guess is that this is not an app issue at all. Seems more like a hardware issue or possibly that something's been removed from the vehicle. It doesn't pick up a signal ANYWHERE. Vehicle was a demo that sales manager drove. Going back to dealership to have them check out the problem and answer questions. If Blue Link system is off line then other Hyundai owners should be reporting problems and dealer should be aware. Just bought this vehicle and paid a pretty good penny. Not a happy camper right now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply. Modem status shows Inactive, Network Mode is set to LTE. Playing around with the system and dialed Blue Link cust care. They said entire Blue Link system is down with no ETA for coming back on line, that I should check back daily. Well, no, I WON'T. If the Verizon network has screwed up Blue Link for a corporate customer such as Hyundai there would be heck to pay. These reps sound a bit too dismissive for such a widespread problem. This sounds like a Hyundai initiated problem. Hope it gets resolved ASAP. All of the so called "free" perks of roadside assistance, collision alert, etc that utilize Blue Link are baked into the price of the vehicle. If it's unavailable seems like compensation should be in order. Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Returned vehicle to dealer yesterday. Service department stated that they installed upgrade/patch to NAV system and Blue Link software re-install. Blue Link is now working. Hyundai/Blue Link customer care means well but they don't have the tools necessary to accurately diagnose problems. If your Blue Link system continues to be disabled I would suggest a trip to a Hyundai dealer service department for diagnosis and repair. And, DO NOT allow them to charge for the fix.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice. They really should do over the air or wifi auto updates. I suppose some secuirty concern there but better for customers in general.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agreed. It would be so much more convenient for customers. Security/system upgrades have not been well thought out. Should be a way to protect using some method of VIN, hardware serial # authentication, temporary security code to enter at time of customer initiated update. Hopefully in time their methods will improve.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a Tesla and the OTA updates are a game-changer. Park at home with WI-FI and you get everything from bug fixes to new features. Would hope all manufacturers adopt this model.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the update. I’ve scheduled service asking for the updates and reinstall. Hopefully that will fix it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Driving around tonight and all of a sudden get a “service activated” message on the screen. And just like that Blue Link is working.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts