Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I overlooked this when initially researching and test driving the car, but imagine my surprise when I took delivery of the car and went out to my driveway to set up all my charging cables and whatnot and... for the life of me could not find the aux input! Never realized there was never one in the car.

Now, here's my problem: I like to use Android Auto almost each time I drive. When riding solo, it's all fine, but when GF's riding with me, she likes to throw on her music from her phone. Without AUX input, car stereo is physically unable to play from any other bluetooth devices than the one connected to Android Auto. A relatively minor, nitpicky complaint, I know. So I really cannot think of a way to use android auto on one phone, and have another device play music. In our '19 Sonata, this is not a problem, since I can stay connected to android auto via USB and GF can plug into Aux, and i just switch the audio mode.

Any one have any further insights on the matter? I don't exactly what I'm asking for, really.. except maybe some ideas for my particular conundrum?
But mostly I'm just ranting at the brilliant idea of getting rid of the aux port =(
Anyone else find the lack of aux port annoying?

·
Registered
56 Posts
This makes me sad they don’t have this. My daughter was so excited to play music on her iPod but she can’t do this without an aux cord. I thought we were getting better access to music not less

·
Registered
71 Posts
I found this online. Is this what you are asking about?:

You can connect two phones via Bluetooth at the same time

You have always been able to pair multiple phones to a vehicle with Bluetooth connectivity, but this is the first iteration I’ve seen of pairing two devices at the same time.

They can’t both be doing the same thing at the same time, but you can pair one phone to use for calls and then pair a second phone to stream.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you can have two phones connected to bluetooth if you're using strictly bluetooth (i.e. one devices for calls, another devices for media for example). But when you connect to Android Auto, the Android Auto system "reserves" the bluetooth connection on the phone you've got connected via data USB. You cannot use any other media devices, except AM/FM, when you are connected by AA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a DJ and listen and play music all the time from flash drive and aux, my job is so much harder now because there is no way to use other inputs. Hyundai dropped the ball badly. I try not to use Android Auto. I use the bluetooth to answer my phone, mount my phone so I can touch it to use Google Voice to make calls, and use the only car input to play my flash drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am disappointed by the same as when I bought this vehicle and completely overlooked the fact that an almost completely loaded palisade does not have the ability to have XM satellite radio without buying the highest level vehicle. I am disappointed by the same as when I bought this vehicle and completely overlooked the fact that an almost completely loaded palisade does not have the ability to have XM satellite radio without buying the highest level vehicle. How does a car these days not have XM radio capability?!?!?! This led me to have to use a kit for XM radio. However, there is no auxiliary input to use the kit with!

I truly like my new car but when I can’t enjoy the music I want to listen to in my new car I am extremely disappointed.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am disappointed by the same as when I bought this vehicle and completely overlooked the fact that an almost completely loaded palisade does not have the ability to have XM satellite radio without buying the highest level vehicle. I am disappointed by the same as when I bought this vehicle and completely overlooked the fact that an almost completely loaded palisade does not have the ability to have XM satellite radio without buying the highest level vehicle. How does a car these days not have XM radio capability?!?!?! This led me to have to use a kit for XM radio. However, there is no auxiliary input to use the kit with!

I truly like my new car but when I can’t enjoy the music I want to listen to in my new car I am extremely disappointed.
You don't have to have the Limited trim level to get Sirius/XM. You could have gotten it by getting the Drive Guidance package on the SEL.

As to getting it now, you could use the app and listen to it via you phone, which you can plug into the car or pair to the car via Bluetooth. That will use data, so depending on your cell phone plan, that may not be an option.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was able to get Android Auto and Bluetooth audio going at the same time with my 10.25 inch infotainment center and the new 14.0 software the older software did not allow it.

I don't think it is an option on the 8" infotainment centers, but I don't have one to test with. Someone with the 14.0 software on the 8" infotainment should be able to check.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was able to get Android Auto and Bluetooth audio going at the same time with my 10.25 inch infotainment center and the new 14.0 software the older software did not allow it.

I don't think it is an option on the 8" infotainment centers, but I don't have one to test with. Someone with the 14.0 software on the 8" infotainment should be able to check.
Hyundai doesn't offer updates for non-nav systems (with a couple of exceptions), unfortunately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts