Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any trouble purchasing a limited model in the NY and NJ area? Looking through the dealership website in NJ, seems a few dealers have limited’s in stock but of course some are asking $1,000 over msrp. Haven’t seen a dealer in NY with a limited in stock.Was curious to see if anyone had any experiences they wanted to share. I know there’s probably a thread already discussing it but wanted to see about this area.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would use a combination of Hyundai's web site and Cargurus or similar (I like that car gurus does not force a registration to browse inventory compared to some other car sites).

These tools will tell you who has what in stock down to the VIN. You can once armed with where, actually pull up from almost all dealer sites the actual Window Sticker with list of equipment particular car/vin came with. Most Hyundai dealers in the area are not charging over list that I saw. Kia dealers seemed to be more of a mixed bag in that regard.

I will give a piece of advice shop by phone after checking for inventory/pricing. Car gurus does list the discounted selling prices and range of prices people tend to pay and a specific price for each Vin. if your going to travel more then 20 minutes from your home I would make sure your even more willing to walk away if people are playing games. Dealers may save their last minute games until your with the finance person and committing to the purchase. Lastly, the window sticker is god as far as configuration (from minor like carpeted all the way to whether its 7 or 8 seater or specific color).

If you looking for a non stock car dealers can browse a 4 to 6 weeks in advance as to what there getting and will take a deposit. It does put you at some what of a potential disadvantage. Most dealers are more interested in selling for a good price what they have on the lot and are themselves paying interest on.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would use a combination of Hyundai's web site and Cargurus or similar (I like the car gurus does not force a registration to browse inventory compared to some other car sites).

These tools will tell you who has what in stock down to the VIN. You can once armed with where actually pull up from almost dealer sites the actual Window Sticker with list of equipment particular car/vin came with. Most Hyundai dealers in the area are not charging over list that I saw. Kia dealers seemed to be more of a mixed bag in that regard.

I will give a piece of advice shop by phone after checking for inventory/pricing. Car gurus does list the discounted selling prices and range of prices people tend to pay and a specific price for each Vin. if your going to travel more then 20 minutes from your home I would make sure your even more willing to walk away if people are playing games. Dealers may save their last minute games until your with the finance person and committing to the purchase. Lastly, the window sticker is god as far as configuration (from minor like carpeted all the way to whether its 7 or 8 seater or specific color).

If you looking for a non stock car dealers can browse a 4 to 6 weeks in advance as to what there getting and will take a deposit. It does put you at some what of a potential disadvantage. Most dealers are more interested in selling for a good price what they have on the lot and are themselves paying interest on.

Good Luck.
Very informative post thank you very much!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I meant to say above that while Info on Car Gurus is "correct" as far as configuration (as provided by the dealer) mistakes can be made so check the Window Sticker on the dealer site once you settle on a car/s. In my case I was willing to tolerate the differences: 7 vs 8 Seater and Grey/Black vs Black Interior cloth seats. In both cases they were better/preferred for family. Captain's chairs tend to bed more comfortable than Bench style 2nd 3rd Row. The two tone seating was always actually a preference but I was worried it might be too light and get dirty easier. It was not as light as I thought. Course I'll never be able to seat 8 and 5th passenger and up goes to the third row. I found out before I got to the dealer, but not before i put a deposit down remotely as I was not able to get to the dealer for almost a week. It was 60 to 90 minutes from my Westchester home in Union NJ

I think you will love your purchase. Test drive your car before you sign the paper work just in case. You never know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant to say above that while Info on Car Gurus is "correct" as far as configuration (as provided by the dealer) mistakes can be made so check the Window Sticker on the dealer site once you settle on a car/s. In my case I was willing to tolerate the differences: 7 vs 8 Seater and Grey/Black vs Black Interior cloth seats. In both cases they were better/preferred for family. Captain's chairs tend to bed more comfortable than Bench style 2nd 3rd Row. The two tone seating was always actually a preference but I was worried it might be too light and get dirty easier. It was not as light as I thought. Course I'll never be able to seat 8 and 5th passenger and up goes to the third row. I found out before I got to the dealer but not before i put a deposit down remotely as I was not able to get to the dealer for almost a week. It was 60 to 90 minutes from my Westchester home in Union NJ
Yeah I’m looking for one with the captains chairs. I see a lot listed in the area which is good. Rather not order something and have to wait 5+ months since I need a car to get to work and my car was just lemoned

·
Registered
453 Posts
You will not have an issue. Limited only come with 7 seats as far as I know. The most common configurations I saw in no particular order: Strongly suggest AWD*

SE AWD
SEL with Sun Roof 7 seater AWD
SEL with Convenience /Sun and or Premium AWD
Limited AWD
---
I managed to get SEL with out Sun Roof 7 seater AWD

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will not have an issue. Limited only come with 7 seats as far as I know. The most common configurations I saw in no particular order: Strongly suggest AWD*

SE AWD
SEL with Sun Roof 7 seater AWD
SEL with Convenience /Sun and or Premium AWD
Limited AWD
---
I managed to get SEL with out Sun Roof 7 seater AWD
Nice. I’m looking only for the limited only cause of the digital dash screen which is my main preference. Gotta have AWD because with the snow we get here, can’t afford to get stuck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone had any trouble purchasing a limited model in the NY and NJ area? Looking through the dealership website in NJ, seems a few dealers have limited’s in stock but of course some are asking $1,000 over msrp. Haven’t seen a dealer in NY with a limited in stock.Was curious to see if anyone had any experiences they wanted to share. I know there’s probably a thread already discussing it but wanted to see about this area.
Check out the dealers around Albany. A lot of Limiteds 'in-transit'. Might be worth train ride up and driving it back down.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Um wow really putting yourself in a vulnerable position you would have to be really shore they were not going to play any games and you were getting a good price. I have heard of people even flying out to buy a car, but ugg.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased an SEL that stickered at 44.8K (all the options plus hyper white paint and tow hitch) the price I got was 41.8- 500 for first responder so 41.3 total. However they only agreed on this deal if I took the crappy rate with Bank of America 4.99 @60 months rate (my credit is 850) I also put 15000 down. Also though, it didn’t matter to me the rate because I’m refinancing with my credit union. I just cared about the OTD more than anything.

·
Registered
453 Posts
They probably were not honest about that. Would avoid NJ in general after they learned /experienced to late there are less limits on fees like doc fees they are able to charge versus other states.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They probably were not honest about that. Would avoid NJ in general after they learned /experienced to late there are less limits on fees like doc fees they are able to charge versus other states.
yep I am sure they were but I ended up getting almost 4K off sticker so it was worth the trouble for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts