Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for this info. I have my service due and would definitely bring this up with the dealer. I am sure he is going to play dumb but lets see..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a Facebook page? Do tell?
Here is a link to the FB thread. You may have to join the group first.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the information. I had the whistling issue on my 2020 Limited that I took delivery on in April 2020. The did adjustments and I have not had that occur again. However, I had extensive wind noise from the driver's and passenger front. The Service Manager and mechanic say the noise is occurring naturally from outside passing wind around the mirrors and windows. Natural or not, I know that if it is windy outside, there is extensive wind noise. Even on low wind days, you can still here the wind, generally at highway speeds, but sometime at lower speed around town. Is anyone else experiencing the same? I'm just curious. I also wonder if the new TSB would address this issue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for the information. I had the whistling issue on my 2020 Limited that I took delivery on in April 2020. The did adjustments and I have not had that occur again. However, I had extensive wind noise from the driver's and passenger front. The Service Manager and mechanic say the noise is occurring naturally from outside passing wind around the mirrors and windows. Natural or not, I know that if it is windy outside, there is extensive wind noise. Even on low wind days, you can still here the wind, generally at highway speeds, but sometime at lower speed around town. Is anyone else experiencing the same? I'm just curious. I also wonder if the new TSB would address this issue.
I get the same thing. No whistle but lots of wind noise. It seems to come from between the mirror and the window. The "hole" created btwn is like a wind tunnel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks so much for your post! I called my dealer to schedule this TSB update and was told that this has been changed to a RECALL. The wait is over. Now hopefully this will finally fix our wind noise issues.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had my 2020 Limited serviced last week and the service writer mentioned they had just received a new TSB for wind noise. Waiting for parts to come in, hope this fixes it once and for all.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So Pallisades made AFTER Sep 28, 2020 should be fixed from the factory. The brand new one I tested recently didn't have any abnormal wind noise... but more road noise that I'd like over rough asphalt. Oh well. Not willing to spend 20 grand more on an X7, so will learn to live with that. Ha ha.
The Palisade will be running great long after the X7 was junked because of all the out of warrantee costs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I get the same thing. No whistle but lots of wind noise. It seems to come from between the mirror and the window. The "hole" created btwn is like a wind tunnel.
I looked at several sources, including the NHTSA, but do not see the recall. I'm guessing it may be too early to show up. But i will call the Dealer on Monday to see if they will honor the fix.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
There is a Facebook page? Do tell?
There are a few Palisade owners groups on Facebook, as there are for most models of vehicles. Just do a search for Palisade and you'll come up with quite a few. Some with as many as 9,000 members and some with as few as 2.

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
I looked at several sources, including the NHTSA, but do not see the recall. I'm guessing it may be too early to show up. But i will call the Dealer on Monday to see if they will honor the fix.
It's not going to show up on the NHTSA as it is a TSB and the dealership will honor the repair
Take the TSB number with you, that way they can't just say " I don't know anything about that.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It's not going to show up on the NHTSA as it is a TSB and the dealership will honor the repair
Take the TSB number with you, that way they can't just say " I don't know anything about that.
The NHTSA does publish all TSBs as well as recalls. They're just slow at it - takes a few months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Eric is correct in the NHTSA showing TSBs. However, this new one is not showing yet. I did print the TSB picture shown above and will use it next week when I contact the Service Center. I may also contact Tana at Hyundai Customer Care, who was assigned to handle my complaints. I will post the results.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There's no freaking way that is going to be a recall, people. Recalls are only issued when lives are at risk. So it'll remain a TSB, which expire with the bumper-to-bumper warranty, so 5 years from purchase.
Called my dealer on Friday.
They mentioned recall as well (as off as that seems).
Appointment to inspect this coming Saturday and then follow-up after parts ordered.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It may be what Hyundai calls a "Campaign", which means that they'll check it and/or apply a fix on every car (hard to say what exactly without seeing all the pages of the TSB). For dealerships, it might as well be a recall, because they now have something to do on every car and Hyundai Corporate pays for it.

That's not a "recall', as defined by the NHTSA, which would require regular updates and VIN numbers to be provided to the NHTSA by Hyundai. That's how the NHTSA knows whether your car has open recalls, by the way: they get the VINs from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It may be what Hyundai calls a "Campaign", which means that they'll check it and/or apply a fix on every car (hard to say what exactly without seeing all the pages of the TSB). For dealerships, it might as well be a recall, because they now have something to do on every car and Hyundai Corporate pays for it.

That's not a "recall', as defined by the NHTSA, which would require regular updates and VIN numbers to be provided to the NHTSA by Hyundai. That's how the NHTSA knows whether your car has open recalls, by the way: they get the VINs from the manufacturer.
I took my Palisade in today to address the TSB. The Service Advisor called the TSB a recall, but as stated earlier it really isn't. Regardless, he has to order the parts and will complete the TSB when the parts come in. I just ope it takes care of the wind issue.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts