Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New member from Michigan with 2022 Palisade Limited (white/black). With all the economic and supply chain stuff going on, I finally broke down and listened to my wife that it's time for a brand new (not just new-to-us) car. Glad I did. Had to drive a bit to get one at MSRP, at Marhofer Hyundai near Akron, OH. Tons of cool new tech on the car for me to learn, since I'm coming from an older Porsche Cayenne with about 300K miles on it.

Lots of great info on this forum, and I was able to get a deal on the Hyundai factory extended warranty through Crystal at Burlington Hyundai (thanks to forum recommendations!). Love the vehicle, with only a couple very minor issues and one significant, but not major, issue. I'll start a thread on my one issue (climate control screen and some backlit buttons go dark) to track for other forum members that may encounter this problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all. New member from Michigan with 2022 Palisade Limited (white/black). With all the economic and supply chain stuff going on, I finally broke down and listened to my wife that it's time for a brand new (not just new-to-us) car. Glad I did. Had to drive a bit to get one at MSRP, at Marhofer Hyundai near Akron, OH. Tons of cool new tech on the car for me to learn, since I'm coming from an older Porsche Cayenne with about 300K miles on it.

Lots of great info on this forum, and I was able to get a deal on the Hyundai factory extended warranty through Crystal at Burlington Hyundai (thanks to forum recommendations!). Love the vehicle, with only a couple very minor issues and one significant, but not major, issue. I'll start a thread on my one issue (climate control screen and some backlit buttons go dark) to track for other forum members that may encounter this problem.
Welcome fellow Michigander, I'm shouting from Detroit. Got my '22 Palisade Calligraphy at LaFontaine in Dearborn back in March, totally by accident, wasn't even looking that seriously, love the ride.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
795 Posts
Isn't that how most new cars are purchased? I've banned my wife from going to dealerships, she goes in for a oil change and comes out with a new car. SMH.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Isn't that how most new cars are purchased? I've banned my wife from going to dealerships, she goes in for a oil change and comes out with a new car. SMH.
LOL, yup. I went to the dealership for an Oil Change and to have something looked at, and they asked if I'd be interested in an upgrade from my 2020 Santa Fe Limited, which I only had a little over 6K miles on....and I've wanted the Palisade since it came out but when I got the Santa Fe, there were none on the lot. This time...there were two. My Calligraphy and a SEL. The spouse gave me serious eye rolls, but I did NOT care. Daddy Wanted, Daddy Bought It! Since I had such low miles on the Santa Fe, I got a damn good trade-in.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
795 Posts
LOL, yup. I went to the dealership for an Oil Change and to have something looked at, and they asked if I'd be interested in an upgrade from my 2020 Santa Fe Limited, which I only had a little over 6K miles on....and I've wanted the Palisade since it came out but when I got the Santa Fe, there were none on the lot. This time...there were two. My Calligraphy and a SEL. The spouse gave me serious eye rolls, but I did NOT care. Daddy Wanted, Daddy Bought It! Since I had such low miles on the Santa Fe, I got a damn good trade-in.
Honey!!! Is that you? :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually had to search around last month to try and find what I (my wife) wanted and not pay the "market adjustment." No luck around me in southeast Michigan area, but found one about 200 miles away in Ohio. Interestingly, the car was actually being transferred from a dealership in northern California. Based on window sticker info, I checked on the source dealership in CA and they were charging at least $3K market adjustment on their Palisades. The dealer I purchased from sold it to me at MSRP. Not sure how this benefitted the dealers to transfer and ship the car from California to Ohio. If demand in California was low, you would think they would have dropped their market adjustment.

Now, I just need to select a nearby dealership for service. The one closest to me (New Hudson, MI) doesn't return calls and seemed disinterested when I finally went there in person. I've got a couple issues to be fixed, but they wouldn't even let me make an appointment. They just said "at least 7 days after you drop it off." The next closest dealership (Ann Arbor, MI) at least seemed more responsive and was accepting appointments. Guess I'll drive a bit farther and try the Ann Arbor dealership for warranty work.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
255 Posts
I've got a couple issues to be fixed, but they wouldn't even let me make an appointment. They just said "at least 7 days after you drop it off."
Why the hell do they do that? Just make an appointment instead of accepting risk of the vehicles sitting on the lot.

I am surprised some businesses are smart enough to actually stay in business.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I actually had to search around last month to try and find what I (my wife) wanted and not pay the "market adjustment." No luck around me in southeast Michigan area, but found one about 200 miles away in Ohio. Interestingly, the car was actually being transferred from a dealership in northern California. Based on window sticker info, I checked on the source dealership in CA and they were charging at least $3K market adjustment on their Palisades. The dealer I purchased from sold it to me at MSRP. Not sure how this benefitted the dealers to transfer and ship the car from California to Ohio. If demand in California was low, you would think they would have dropped their market adjustment.

Now, I just need to select a nearby dealership for service. The one closest to me (New Hudson, MI) doesn't return calls and seemed disinterested when I finally went there in person. I've got a couple issues to be fixed, but they wouldn't even let me make an appointment. They just said "at least 7 days after you drop it off." The next closest dealership (Ann Arbor, MI) at least seemed more responsive and was accepting appointments. Guess I'll drive a bit farther and try the Ann Arbor dealership for warranty work.
Check with LaFointaine. They have quite a few different locations and I know the Dearborn Location is their Hyundai/Kia/Toyota/Honda Service hub. I knew after I sat down and looked at all the options and the fact that the Palisade was in high demand, that I was going to be raked over the coals. To my surprise, it wasn't as crazy as I had thought (I guess turning in a 2 year old Car with just a bit over 6K miles on it helped). I've found that the Folks at LaFontaine are capable, friendly, and they'll try their hardest to make things work for you. Also, Check with the Suburban group. I think there's one in Novi, which isn't too far from you. I got my Chrysler 300 from the Westland location.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up having basic service done at my closest dealer, Feldman in New Hudson, MI. Made an appointment and service was done quick (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) while I waited.

For the warranty repair (climate control illumination issues), I went to Fox in Ann Arbor, since they actually schedule appointments (unlike Feldman). They were pretty quick and organized. Had to wait a few extra days for them to receive replacement dash display, but not too bad. Total repair time was about 5 business days.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
290 Posts

Hope yours is a good for you as mine has been to me so far. Did replace the tires with only 2,500 miles as I couldn't stand the road noise. Replaced with Pirelli Scorpions which work great. Sold the originals for $400.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts