Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! We just purchased a new Graphite Steel/Beige Palisade Limited AWD for my wife. This is replacing her 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite minivan. So far (1 week in), and she loves it! Dealer added accessories were a bonus.... These accessories included the Hyundai first aid kit, floor mats, cargo mat, bumper applique and cargo net. We received a $1500.00 dealer discount which more than offset the "add-ins".

Other cars in our family include a 2018 Mercedes-Benz E300 and a 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams edition, both of which we purchased new and a mostly restored 1972 Plymouth Scamp.

I look forward to learning more about the Palisade and enjoying the interactions here on the forum!

(Here she is going over the infotainment with the saleswoman)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few more shots...

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
It looks great! Congratulations! I’m sorry for not knowing, but what is a “bumper appliqué”. Can I ask if you’ve noticed the ambient lighting? It seems like owners with the beige interior aren’t even noticing the ambient lighting because I’m thinking it’s just not showing up against the lighter interior. But I would love to hear that’s not the case.
I’m happy you were able to get yours!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks great! Congratulations! I’m sorry for not knowing, but what is a “bumper appliqué”. Can I ask if you’ve noticed the ambient lighting? It seems like owners with the beige interior aren’t even noticing the ambient lighting because I’m thinking it’s just not showing up against the lighter interior. But I would love to hear that’s not the case.
Thanks! As to the bumper appliqué...it is just a protective “stick on” piece that helps to protect the bumper for loading and unloading.

To answer your question about the ambient lighting, my wife has hers set to purple, so it is nicely visible. The brightness however, could use some amplification. I have a Mercedes-Benz with ambient lighting and it is much brighter and more configurable. I think that is the measure by which my wife would have liked the ambient lighting to be, however, she is quite happy having any ambient lighting and is pleased with the Palisade.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A waste of money.

It's a little sticker for protecting the top of the bumper from scratches when loading stuff in the back.
it came with the vehicle and we received additional discounts of almost $2000.00, sot it off set any pre-added accessories.

But, yeah, I agree, I would not have paid for it if it were not already on and would have asked them to remove it from the price if it were not for the discounts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just snapped these pics...

Reactions: SeriouslyTho

·
Registered
864 Posts
it came with the vehicle and we received additional discounts of almost $2000.00, sot it off set any pre-added accessories.

But, yeah, I agree, I would not have paid for it if it were not already on and would have asked them to remove it from the price if it were not for the discounts.
I've got one on my car for the same reason. It's there because it came on the vehicle, but I certainly wouldn't have asked for it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just snapped these pics...

View attachment 521
These pics look great! I know it’s silly but I’m really looking forward to the ambient lighting aspect and hope I’m not completely disappointed. I’m sure I could get it added at a detailer but hoping I won’t have to. But if these pictures are what it looks like live and in person I think I will be pleased! Thank you for taking these!
View attachment 523

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have a bumper applique on my Rav4 and it is all scratched up. My Palisade did not come with the bumper applique, which the ones I saw were black and did not cover the entire bumper area. So I opted for the 3M PPF door guards, door handle wells, and bumper area. The salesman allowed me to write the PPF contract to the terms I wanted, describing exactly what I wanted. When they applied the PPF on the bumper, it goes across nearly the entire bumper, covering both the little upper and lower area of the bumper. The PPF is clear, unlike the black thing I saw at the dealer and covers a larger area. Can't even tell it's there. I like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts