Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the last leg of a long trip south from Va. to Al. when I the temp started to drop down below 40 degrees along the route. When the temp registered 39 degrees and I was approaching a bridge the right portion of the screen would flash a message warning me of icy conditions. This only happened when I approached a bridge (driving on the interstate) and the temp was below 39 degrees. Coincidence or AI? The second thing I noticed is that during stretch when I had the cruise control set with lane keeping active I spotted some deer on the right side of the highway, near enough that I instinctively swerved to the left to clear them. After the moment I realized that the steering did not fight my lane crossing, I did not use my turn signal. Coincidence or AI? I am too lazy to read the manual to find out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My experience so far tells me that the AI knows when I am intentionally swerving or moving out of my lane, rather than drifting.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was on the last leg of a long trip south from Va. to Al. when I the temp started to drop down below 40 degrees along the route. When the temp registered 39 degrees and I was approaching a bridge the right portion of the screen would flash a message warning me of icy conditions. This only happened when I approached a bridge (driving on the interstate) and the temp was below 39 degrees. Coincidence or AI? The second thing I noticed is that during stretch when I had the cruise control set with lane keeping active I spotted some deer on the right side of the highway, near enough that I instinctively swerved to the left to clear them. After the moment I realized that the steering did not fight my lane crossing, I did not use my turn signal. Coincidence or AI? I am too lazy to read the manual to find out.
The icy roads warning is tied to temperature. And I believe you're correct, 39 degrees is when it starts showing.

As to the lane keeping, it understands the difference between drifting outside the lane vs. a more pronounced swerve that is intentional. It probably looks at how much the steering wheel angle changes to determine whether to intervene. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alert before bridge seems to make sense since it will freeze/drop temp before a traditional road. Pretty cool that it's functioning that well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts