Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Palisade limited white with Beige and I would like to know if any one has applied any paint protection (not from dealers) like ceramic coating etc to keep it shine and new. If you did was it a DYI or was it done professionally . Also would like to know whats the best product out there in a market for the same and where to get it.

Thanks In Advance !!!

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I did it myself and used color n drive from Amazon.
There are a lot of good ones out there, I used that
one because it is easy to use and gives great results
Just remember car must be really clean and when it
says to leave on 1 minute before spreading with damp
micro fiber cloth, don't only leave on 30 to 40 seconds

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also did it myself using Cquartz UK 3.0 on my White and Beige. If you hire a pro try to look for Modesta would be the best in the industry and start around $3K.

I've had the Cquartz on my other cars and happy with it so far. Easy to maintenance and the beading is crazy. Meguiars will come out with their own kit soon M788 for $80 next month if you could wait. In the meantime, you can use their Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've applied Kamikaze ISM to a BMW 540, a M2 and a Santa Fe. On the 540 it is 2 yrs old and going strong. Fantastic stuff. Check out Esoteric car care.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Armor Shield from Avalon King, which had been highly recommend by some friends. So far, so good, but time will tell. But depending on where you live- I'm in Chicago- I HIGHLY recommend Xpel paint protection film. Did the front end, mirrors, and door edges. I'd take film over any coating if forced to choose. But I got both 😕

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also did it myself using Cquartz UK 3.0 on my White and Beige. If you hire a pro try to look for Modesta would be the best in the industry and start around $3K.

I've had the Cquartz on my other cars and happy with it so far. Easy to maintenance and the beading is crazy. Meguiars will come out with their own kit soon M788 for $80 next month if you could wait. In the meantime, you can use their Hybrid Ceramic Wax.
This looks Fantastic !!!

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I was going with Cquartz UK 3.0 but got a nice discount on color n drive. They are about the same thing
They really look great on the Palisade hyper white paint.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going with Cquartz UK 3.0 but got a nice discount on color n drive. They are about the same thing
They really look great on the Palisade hyper white paint.
do you apply anything other than that ?

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I use car-pro reload on the chrome work, then might wipe it down with that next year.
just a little on a micro fiber cloth, wipe on after washing, don't need to any rubbing . Just
so it gets all over the car then wipe with a micro fiber cloth to a great shine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought Palisade limited white with Beige and I would like to know if any one has applied any paint protection (not from dealers) like ceramic coating etc to keep it shine and new. If you did was it a DYI or was it done professionally . Also would like to know whats the best product out there in a market for the same and where to get it.

I had my Palisade SEL with all options and had the front, doors, pillars all clear bra.....worth every penny and yes, I would not have the dealership do it since its not the same quality.

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
At the start of this page you can see one applied Cquartz UK 3.0
I applied color n drive.
They are both good ceramic coating and can be purchased from Amazon and a bunch of other sites.
There are spray sealants which have a very low content of ceramic, 3-5% SiO2 these are good for a
car show but do not compare to the 75-80% SiO2 ceramic coatings we applied. Sprays last maybe 3
months the real ceramic coating can last , depending on which one you get, any where from 1-5 years.
I did mine DYI because I wanted it done right, some dealerships suck at it and your going to pay them
$700.00 minimum.
Make sure car is really clean and pay attention to directions for applying. You can google best ceramic
car protection and see them
how well they protect and how long, consider price and ease of application. Stay away from the really
cheap ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took delivery of new Limited in December. Dealer asked if I wanted to have it ceramic coated. When asked "how much" the answer was $2000! When I said no, they reduced it to $1500. The product is "Cilajet" a company based in California. It is applied and baked on in a heated chamber professionally (not dealer). I'm sure they have some sort of deal with local detailer shop.
I also had the inside product applied. Looks fantastic and happy for the choice we made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the start of this page you can see one applied Cquartz UK 3.0
I applied color n drive.
They are both good ceramic coating and can be purchased from Amazon and a bunch of other sites.
There are spray sealants which have a very low content of ceramic, 3-5% SiO2 these are good for a
car show but do not compare to the 75-80% SiO2 ceramic coatings we applied. Sprays last maybe 3
months the real ceramic coating can last , depending on which one you get, any where from 1-5 years.
I did mine DYI because I wanted it done right, some dealerships suck at it and your going to pay them
$700.00 minimum.
Make sure car is really clean and pay attention to directions for applying. You can google best ceramic
car protection and see them
how well they protect and how long, consider price and ease of application. Stay away from the really
cheap ones.
Which product contains the high ceramic content? CQuartz, or other product?

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Which product contains the high ceramic content? CQuartz, or other product?
Both CQuarts and color n drive do.
You might want to google best ceramic coatings for autos
or look on a site like Amazon for ceramic coatings, they sell both of the ones we applied.
The spray ones are low content but are good to wipe on for a show

1 - 15 of 15 Posts