Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Looking at securing a White AWD Limited soon! Black interior. Joined the site for ideas for mods and accessories.

Probably going to start with floor mats before we even take delivery on our new Palisade. I was looking at the Husky Xact liners but seems like some folks on here like the Kagu's so we may try those out!

Any other ideas for must have accessories or mods that need done right away?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only thing that was already on mine are the mud flaps. Even though they are not very large. I found on my previous vehicle Jeep Grand Cherokee that they cut down on the backwash onto the rear window quite a bit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am also thing about the Kagus. They seem to be a little more comfortable than the WeatherTechs I had in my Jeep. I tend to take my shoes off while on long drives.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea that something i have already discussed with the dealer. i want the tow hitch, bumper applique and the mud guards. Our agreement was that when he locates one for me that he will order these items if they are not already included.

If your leaning toward weather tech, i would strongly recommend the xact series from husky instead. I've gone through 4 trucks the last few years. Started with weathertechs for 2 of them and then went to the husky weather beaters. I feel Weather beaters are better in quality material and fit to the weathertechs and they have traction nubs on the bottom that hold the liner in place (i feel this would apply to the 2nd-3rd row in the Palisade . Which is not a big deal for the fronts that fit well but in the rear the weathertechs were sliding around a lot and also the WTs would roll a lot on the edges. I haven't experienced that with Husky. Husky solved that for me. My newest truck i went with the xact which is a more premium feel but similar design as the weather beaters. the material is a lot more rubber like. I dont see myself changing from them for my truck ever.

Im looking at the kagu's as this will be my wifes vehicle and like that they have a little softer look to them but still seem to perform well!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem with my WeatherTechs in the back row rolling up as well. Need to to more research into the kagu.. I do like the way they look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drove me absolutely crazy! Looked terrible and once they started to roll, it was a pain to warm them up and try to form them back. they were never the same after either!
Yeah I had the same problem with my WeatherTechs in the back row rolling up as well. Need to to more research into the kagu.. I do like the way they look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also will be looking for seat covers for the captains chairs only as they will both have car seats on them so please send recommendations!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
And don't pay the dealer to install OEM mud guards because you can buy an OEM set off eBay for 30 dollars and easily install them yourself.

Good luck in your search and enjoy the Palisade!

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help so far. I ended up ordering the Kagu's. They should be delivered Wednesday.

As far as the mud flaps and hitch i guess ill wait till the Palisade actually arrives and figure out what to do then. I'm not exactly sure what i will end up getting for the extra accessories.

Any recommendations for seat covers for the 2nd row captians chairs? We will end up installing car seats and want to protect the leather as much as possible. Will probably look at seat back protectors also as my kids are getting big enough to start kicking the backs of the front row!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ebay. Seller had good reviews, i guess ill see when they deliver Wednesday. 250ish for a full set. Captains chairs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts