Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hyundai isn’t denying the smell issue. There have been multiple articles in the media on the subject and Hyundai is investigating.
Great. So it's just my Dealer that is denying the issue then.
But that doesn't do me any good if customer complaints die at the Dealership. One would think that the Dealership would be a customer conduit to Hyundai, not block for them.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Great. So it's just my Dealer that is denying the issue then.
But that doesn't do me any good if customer complaints die at the Dealership. One would think that the Dealership would be a customer conduit to Hyundai, not block for them.
Yeah they should be. You can show them the news articles. You can also reach out to Hyundai Corp. yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well we took delivery of our new 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy on August 27,2020 and just love it! It's the best thing that's happened in 2020, that's for sure. We've never owned a black car before and were a little apprehensive about keeping it clean, but we fell in love with the metallic black and chrome exterior and the contrasting creamy white Nappa leather on the inside. I'm retired, so if I can't manage to keep the exterior clean, I shouldn't have the privilege of owning one.

This is one luxurious car, by far the nicest that I have ever owned. It's smooth, comfortable and quiet, but can be turned into a European feeling car with a twist of a knob. You gotta love the technology! I am thrilled with all of the tech that this trim level has. Nothing has been left out. Totally awesome!

I've already taken the first few steps at keeping it looking new, by having the stone chip guard plastic applied to the complete hood and front end and mirrors too! Next week it goes in for Opticoat Ceramic paint coating to preserve the shine and reduce cleaning effort as well as a leather treatment to simplify cleaning and prevent dye transfers to the light colored leather. I have installed some awesome all-weather mats from Tuxmat. They are laser fitted and cover all carpeted areas of all three rows. Nicest mats that I've ever seen.

I look forward to a long, enjoyable ownership of this awesome SUV, as well as learning and contributing to this discussion forum.

View attachment 2068 View attachment 2068
View attachment 2069 View attachment 2070
View attachment 2071
View attachment 2072 View attachment 2073 View attachment 2074 View attachment 2069 View attachment 2072 View attachment 2073 View attachment 2074
Well we took delivery of our new 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy on August 27,2020 and just love it! It's the best thing that's happened in 2020, that's for sure. We've never owned a black car before and were a little apprehensive about keeping it clean, but we fell in love with the metallic black and chrome exterior and the contrasting creamy white Nappa leather on the inside. I'm retired, so if I can't manage to keep the exterior clean, I shouldn't have the privilege of owning one.

This is one luxurious car, by far the nicest that I have ever owned. It's smooth, comfortable and quiet, but can be turned into a European feeling car with a twist of a knob. You gotta love the technology! I am thrilled with all of the tech that this trim level has. Nothing has been left out. Totally awesome!

I've already taken the first few steps at keeping it looking new, by having the stone chip guard plastic applied to the complete hood and front end and mirrors too! Next week it goes in for Opticoat Ceramic paint coating to preserve the shine and reduce cleaning effort as well as a leather treatment to simplify cleaning and prevent dye transfers to the light colored leather. I have installed some awesome all-weather mats from Tuxmat. They are laser fitted and cover all carpeted areas of all three rows. Nicest mats that I've ever seen.

I look forward to a long, enjoyable ownership of this awesome SUV, as well as learning and contributing to this discussion forum.

View attachment 2068 View attachment 2068
View attachment 2069 View attachment 2070
View attachment 2071
View attachment 2072 View attachment 2073 View attachment 2074 View attachment 2069 View attachment 2072 View attachment 2073 View attachment 2074
Did your’s come with the horrible garlic smell like mine did? Hope not for your sake.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
93 Posts
@kitcheg love your combo. I also think the blue/beige is beautiful, either one looks terrific. I hope you've been enjoying it for the last few months. (And I know some folks don't like the Calligraphy rims but they are growing on me.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
@kitcheg love your combo. I also think the blue/beige is beautiful, either one looks terrific. I hope you've been enjoying it for the last few months. (And I know some folks don't like the Calligraphy rims but they are growing on me.)
Thanks Kirbo! I'm still a little nervous about maintaining the Black, but when it's clean, it sure looks classy! As for the wheels, they weren't my favourite either, but like you, they're growing on me. I found that they can look a little dull, which I guess is a layer of brake dust. P&S Brake Buster wheel cleaner just melts it away, and a quick rinse, and they're back to looking great.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
93 Posts
Thanks Kirbo! I'm still a little nervous about maintaining the Black, but when it's clean, it sure looks classy! As for the wheels, they weren't my favourite either, but like you, they're growing on me. I found that they can look a little dull, which I guess is a layer of brake dust. P&S Brake Buster wheel cleaner just melts it away, and a quick rinse, and they're back to looking great.
View attachment 2480
I absolutely agree on the classiness of it. Our last black car was a Volvo XC70 and it was gorgeous while clean. It also had the break dust issue. My husband kept it clean and beautiful, but it was a lot of work. When clean, black cars look better than any other rig, IMO. We did chose to go with something other than black this time as my hub was sick of the upkeep 😂. I'm really happy with our Lagoon Silver, but I do snap my head around in appreciation when I see a sparkly black car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 2480
I just picked up my black/black Calligraphy a week ago, and am preparing myself for many more car washes than I had to do with my silver 4Runner. Seriously considering the ceramic coating - it's soooo pretty when clean!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I just picked up my black/black Calligraphy a week ago, and am preparing myself for many more car washes than I had to do with my silver 4Runner. Seriously considering the ceramic coating - it's soooo pretty when clean!
I love the ceramic coating so far! I also learned better car washing techniques as well as products to use that help to maintain the shine and minimize scratching and so on. The guy who did the ceramic asked me to come back for an inspection after a few weeks to make sure that everything was still looking good. He showed me how to properly wash and dry the car, and how to use the products correctly. Now, when I stand back and look at the results, I am stunned at the looks. My neighbours ask me to put it in the garage so there's doesn't look so bad! Lol!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ceramic coating is the best, when applied correctly it offers great protection and makes the washes a breeze. It brings out the superb glossiness of the black paint.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts