Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we took delivery of our new 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy on August 27,2020 and just love it! It's the best thing that's happened in 2020, that's for sure. We've never owned a black car before and were a little apprehensive about keeping it clean, but we fell in love with the metallic black and chrome exterior and the contrasting creamy white Nappa leather on the inside. I'm retired, so if I can't manage to keep the exterior clean, I shouldn't have the privilege of owning one.

This is one luxurious car, by far the nicest that I have ever owned. It's smooth, comfortable and quiet, but can be turned into a European feeling car with a twist of a knob. You gotta love the technology! I am thrilled with all of the tech that this trim level has. Nothing has been left out. Totally awesome!

I've already taken the first few steps at keeping it looking new, by having the stone chip guard plastic applied to the complete hood and front end and mirrors too! Next week it goes in for Opticoat Ceramic paint coating to preserve the shine and reduce cleaning effort as well as a leather treatment to simplify cleaning and prevent dye transfers to the light colored leather. I have installed some awesome all-weather mats from Tuxmat. They are laser fitted and cover all carpeted areas of all three rows. Nicest mats that I've ever seen.

I look forward to a long, enjoyable ownership of this awesome SUV, as well as learning and contributing to this discussion forum.

Palisade - 2.jpeg

Palisade - 3.jpeg
Palisade - 11.jpeg
Palisade - 12.jpeg
Palisade - 13.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum
How do the Michelin cross climate tires ride
Smooth, noise ?
The Cross Climates are quiet and smooth, They have the 3 Peaks snowflake, so I am hoping to get away without having to buy Winter tires. A real interesting, directional tread pattern.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much was your OTD price for the Calligraphy? I will visit the dealer tomorrow..
I'm afraid that my Canadian price won't do you much good and my deal had a lot of moving parts like throwing in the trailer hitch, cargo mat and reduced price on the 8 year Premium Plus Extended warranty and a trade in. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What type of floor mats are those?
Those are TuxMats which are laser cut for the Palisade. They are by far the nicest mats that I have ever seen. Coverage is excellent as is the look and feel. I got them on the Canadian Amazon. Here's the link: TuxMat Custom Car Floor Mats for Hyundai Palisade 7-Seater 2020-2021 Models - Laser Measured, Largest Coverage, Waterproof, All Weather. The Ultimate Winter Mats, Also Look Great in the Summer. The Best Hyundai Palisade Accessory (Full Set - Black), Floor Mats - Amazon Canada
They also have their own website: American: Tuxmat.com and Canadian Tuxmat.ca

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting to note a few differences with my Calligraphy in Moonlight Blue exterior/beige interior: 1) I notice the plastic surfaces and steering wheel have a dark brown tone in yours, mine has a dark blue tone. 2) back of 1st row seats and lower part of doors in yours are all beige color, mine is the dark blue tone. 3) the gray decorative textured surface along your your dashboard and doors is replaced in my with the wood accent. I wonder if it's a Canada/US variation, or a just a color variation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting to note a few differences with my Calligraphy in Moonlight Blue exterior/beige interior: 1) I notice the plastic surfaces and steering wheel have a dark brown tone in yours, mine has a dark blue tone. 2) back of 1st row seats and lower part of doors in yours are all beige color, mine is the dark blue tone. 3) the gray decorative textured surface along your your dashboard and doors is replaced in my with the wood accent. I wonder if it's a Canada/US variation, or a just a color variation.
I heard of a blue / beige interior colour scheme, but I had never seen it. I was wondering which exterior colour that they were pairing it with. I guess now I know. This was the first, and only Calligraphy that my dealer had. It had just been rolled off the truck a few hours before I took it for a test drive, so I never actually saw any other versions before I bought this black one. Even today, I still feel a little nervous about caring for this colour. My previous vehicle was a metallic grey, and hid the dirt really well which was a good thing because I lived on a dirt road! Now I live in a sunny part of the country with very little annual rainfall, so I guess I couldn't have picked a better place to own a black car. Could you post a picture of your interior? Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well we took delivery of our new 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy on August 27,2020 and just love it! It's the best thing that's happened in 2020, that's for sure. We've never owned a black car before and were a little apprehensive about keeping it clean, but we fell in love with the metallic black and chrome exterior and the contrasting creamy white Nappa leather on the inside. I'm retired, so if I can't manage to keep the exterior clean, I shouldn't have the privilege of owning one.

This is one luxurious car, by far the nicest that I have ever owned. It's smooth, comfortable and quiet, but can be turned into a European feeling car with a twist of a knob. You gotta love the technology! I am thrilled with all of the tech that this trim level has. Nothing has been left out. Totally awesome!

I've already taken the first few steps at keeping it looking new, by having the stone chip guard plastic applied to the complete hood and front end and mirrors too! Next week it goes in for Opticoat Ceramic paint coating to preserve the shine and reduce cleaning effort as well as a leather treatment to simplify cleaning and prevent dye transfers to the light colored leather. I have installed some awesome all-weather mats from Tuxmat. They are laser fitted and cover all carpeted areas of all three rows. Nicest mats that I've ever seen.

I look forward to a long, enjoyable ownership of this awesome SUV, as well as learning and contributing to this discussion forum.

View attachment 2068 View attachment 2068
View attachment 2069 View attachment 2070
View attachment 2071
View attachment 2072 View attachment 2073 View attachment 2074 View attachment 2069 View attachment 2072 View attachment 2073 View attachment 2074
We have a 2020 Limited HTRAC with 14,000 miles and live it. Your Caligraphy looks awesome . I do have two questions please. Does the interior smell funky like the Nappa leather in our Limited has since day one . And do the side mirrors automatically fold when the car is locked.?
Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have a 2020 Limited HTRAC with 14,000 miles and live it. Your Caligraphy looks awesome . I do have two questions please. Does the interior smell funky like the Nappa leather in our Limited has since day one . And do the side mirrors automatically fold when the car is locked.?
Thank you.
The car interior has a new-car smell. Nothing funky at all. Maybe a hint of leather smell, but mostly just that great new-car smell. Sadly, the mirrors do not fold in. I would have liked that too. The Telluride's do fold in but the Palisade's do not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The car interior has a new-car smell. Nothing funky at all. Maybe a hint of leather smell, but mostly just that great new-car smell. Sadly, the mirrors do not fold in. I would have liked that too. The Telluride's do fold in but the Palisade's do not.
Thank you. Glad that you're loving the car.
The sour leather smell of the light beige Nappa leather in the first run Limited models is a defect know by Hyundai, but which they deny. So it's good to hear that they have rectified that on the newer models like yours. Other than that, we love our Palisade and it's so much better ( reliable) than the BMW X5 50i that we traded in.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thank you. Glad that you're loving the car.
The sour leather smell of the light beige Nappa leather in the first run Limited models is a defect know by Hyundai, but which they deny. So it's good to hear that they have rectified that on the newer models like yours. Other than that, we love our Palisade and it's so much better ( reliable) than the BMW X5 50i that we traded in.
Hyundai isn’t denying the smell issue. There have been multiple articles in the media on the subject and Hyundai is investigating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard of a blue / beige interior colour scheme, but I had never seen it. I was wondering which exterior colour that they were pairing it with. I guess now I know. This was the first, and only Calligraphy that my dealer had. It had just been rolled off the truck a few hours before I took it for a test drive, so I never actually saw any other versions before I bought this black one. Even today, I still feel a little nervous about caring for this colour. My previous vehicle was a metallic grey, and hid the dirt really well which was a good thing because I lived on a dirt road! Now I live in a sunny part of the country with very little annual rainfall, so I guess I couldn't have picked a better place to own a black car. Could you post a picture of your interior? Enjoy your ride!
For sure, take a look! I personally like the dark blue interior tone matching the exterior blue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For sure, take a look! I personally like the dark blue interior tone matching the exterior blue. View attachment 2093 View attachment 2094 View attachment 2095 View attachment 2096 View attachment 2097
Wow! Very nice. I wish that I could have seen that colour combination at my dealer. There's a good chance that I may come home with that one! I guess I was so hot to trot that I test drove and bought in just a couple of days. Maybe I should have been a little more patient. Don't get me wrong, I love the black, but inside I'm still worried about taking care of a black car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts