Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a Brand New Palisade Limited AWD here in Cali! Been cross shopping this, the Telluride, and Highlander. Just a few questions and some initial thoughts for you guys.

So first impression of the Palisade is that it is quite a big car! Coming from a crossover 5 passenger suv, this thing is a beast! I have to sorta re-learn to park it in our small garage.
Like everyone else, I wish it came with automatic folding mirrors. I would trade it for the Smart Liftgate which to me became quite annoying already. Also, the shade hooks seems to be flimsy. I had one came off when I accidently hit my head on it. Didn't seemed like it was properly secured. I ordered couple of hooks from Hyundai parts after finding out on Telluride forum that they too also having problems with it.

Onto some questions! Is there really no walk away lock feature? I've been trying to look into the settings and couldn't find one. Even the all doors unlock can be tricky. My four year old Honda Civic has these features and it's very convenient.

Also, I never saw on the window sticker or even discussed with the dealership about the car having tint. I'm pretty sure I never paid for it or was even brought on the table as a bargaining chip. Just wondering if they can come from the manufacturer already tinted.

Other than a few annoying quirks, the car is very upscale and definitely you get your money's worth.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just took delivery of a Brand New Palisade Limited AWD here in Cali! Been cross shopping this, the Telluride, and Highlander. Just a few questions and some initial thoughts for you guys.

So first impression of the Palisade is that it is quite a big car! Coming from a crossover 5 passenger suv, this thing is a beast! I have to sorta re-learn to park it in our small garage.
Like everyone else, I wish it came with automatic folding mirrors. I would trade it for the Smart Liftgate which to me became quite annoying already. Also, the shade hooks seems to be flimsy. I had one came off when I accidently hit my head on it. Didn't seemed like it was properly secured. I ordered couple of hooks from Hyundai parts after finding out on Telluride forum that they too also having problems with it.

Onto some questions! Is there really no walk away lock feature? I've been trying to look into the settings and couldn't find one. Even the all doors unlock can be tricky. My four year old Honda Civic has these features and it's very convenient.

Also, I never saw on the window sticker or even discussed with the dealership about the car having tint. I'm pretty sure I never paid for it or was even brought on the table as a bargaining chip. Just wondering if they can come from the manufacturer already tinted.

Other than a few annoying quirks, the car is very upscale and definitely you get your money's worth.
Congrats on your purchase.

Smart lift gate: you're referring to the functionality where it opens when you get close to it with the key in your pocket and the car is locked, right? If so, you can disable that in your infotainment, if you wish.

No walk away lock feature. The Blue Link app can remind you if you forget to lock it however. What's the issue with unlocking all doors? I don't recall all the settings, but typically, you press twice (on the fob or the driver's door) to unlock all doors.

Tint comes standard on rear and back windows. Very common for SUVs, minivans and trucks, where it's allowed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your purchase.

Smart lift gate: you're referring to the functionality where it opens when you get close to it with the key in your pocket and the car is locked, right? If so, you can disable that in your infotainment, if you wish.

No walk away lock feature. The Blue Link app can remind you if you forget to lock it however. What's the issue with unlocking all doors? I don't recall all the settings, but typically, you press twice (on the fob or the driver's door) to unlock all doors.

Tint comes standard on rear and back windows. Very common for SUVs, minivans and trucks, where it's allowed.
Thanks! I dis disable it since I have the car park close to my garage bench which would trigger it each time. I think the foot activation would have been better in mg opinion.

Regarding the Unlock All Doors, I'm having a hard time distinguising the chimes between unlocking just the driver's door and or doors. My Honda has this features that if I put my hand in the handle I could have all doors unlock. Again, just need some adjusting and not knocking on the car.

More on the tint, I hear about sunroof, especially panoramic ones can spontaneously shatter. Would tinting it prevent or cause that? I got quoted for $300 ceramic tints for all windows including the sunroofs but since the passenger and rear ones are already tinted, I might just do the sunroofs and the front windshield.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have mine unlock all doors when I push the button on either front door. I do miss what my wife's MB 300 has. The sensors are on all doors and all you have to do is touch the door handle as opposed to actually pushing the button.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have mine unlock all doors when I push the button on either front door. I do miss what my wife's MB 300 has. The sensors are on all doors and all you have to do is touch the door handle as opposed to actually pushing the button.
Yep! That's what I have on my Civic. I have it setup so I just grab the handle and all doors unlock and when I walk away it locks.

Even my old Nissan Rogue has feature that after a few minutes of idle, the doors will lock whether inside or away from the car. Do we have this on the Palisade?

Also, any booster seats brands and models suggestions for the 2nd row captain's chairs? I have the old Diono Radian and they are heavy af! Don't wanna ruin the beige Nappa. Also, does having car seat mats, disrupt thr functionality of the heated/ventilated seats?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would think that anything covering the seat would affect the operation of the heated/ventilated seats. But I guess the question would be why turn them on if you have booster seats in place?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would think that anything covering the seat would affect the operation of the heated/ventilated seats. But I guess the question would be why turn them on if you have booster seats in place?
I guess you're right. I was just thinking about the ventillation at least for my older kid who's on a backless booster seat and mat that's only on the seat part.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the auto liftgate feature way more than a foot activated one. Imagjne carrying a really heavy bag or box as you approach the car and then have to balance on one foot and wave the other, as opposed to standing for a few seconds until the hatch opens itself.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I like the auto liftgate feature way more than a foot activated one. Imagjne carrying a really heavy bag or box as you approach the car and then have to balance on one foot and wave the other, as opposed to standing for a few seconds until the hatch opens itself.
I had the one kick open on my old car. I used it, albeit very rarely. I disabled the auto liftgate on the palisade because I found if I walked around the back of the car from one side to the other and wasn't quick about it, it would open when I didn't want it to. It opened when I didn't want it to FAR more often than I ever used it to open it when I did. I'd take the kick feature any day of the week.

·
Registered
114 Posts
maybe Hyundai took a poll on the issue. LOL

anyway, we all have our likes and dislikes. good thing we can disable the feature if we want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Even my old Nissan Rogue has feature that after a few minutes of idle, the doors will lock whether inside or away from the car. Do we have this on the Palisade?
Not while away from the car. When inside, you can set the doors to auto-lock either when you shift into drive, or when you go above a certain speed. However, I've found the blue link app to be very reliable about alerting me on my phone if I forget to lock the doors. As soon as the notification pops up, it just takes one tap to send the lock signal. Not sure if I'll pay the ~$100/year after the 3 years of Blue Link expires, but it's nice for now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not while away from the car. When inside, you can set the doors to auto-lock either when you shift into drive, or when you go above a certain speed. However, I've found the blue link app to be very reliable about alerting me on my phone if I forget to lock the doors. As soon as the notification pops up, it just takes one tap to send the lock signal. Not sure if I'll pay the ~$100/year after the 3 years of Blue Link expires, but it's nice for now.
I thought I read somewhere that once you try cancelling it, they allow you to continue for really cheap? But yea, it's kinda pricey for something we wouldn't need if the car has an autolock. I like that you can set the temp to your liking though.

At the very least, we have the remote start on our key fob unlike the Telluride if we decide it's too expensive. The only thing I wonder if it'll automatically adjust your temperature if you only did it on the key fob or will it just retain your previous settings?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the one kick open on my old car. I used it, albeit very rarely. I disabled the auto liftgate on the palisade because I found if I walked around the back of the car from one side to the other and wasn't quick about it, it would open when I didn't want it to. It opened when I didn't want it to FAR more often than I ever used it to open it when I did. I'd take the kick feature any day of the week.
That's my issue with the Smart Liftgate. It's kinda too sensitive. I guess if you like the feature, you'd say it works pretty well! I just wish that since they re-invented it, they could have taken it a step further. Maybe shorten the proximity were it would be activated or if you have your back turned from it, it won't activate at all. It's very convenient when you need it, but it's a nuisance when you don't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's my issue with the Smart Liftgate. It's kinda too sensitive. I guess if you like the feature, you'd say it works pretty well! I just wish that since they re-invented it, they could have taken it a step further. Maybe shorten the proximity were it would be activated or if you have your back turned from it, it won't activate at all. It's very convenient when you need it, but it's a nuisance when you don't.
Agreed - I disabled mine yesterday.

Opened when I did not want it and when I went to wash and vacuum the car I had to leave the key out of my pocket or it opened while I was washing. Not worth the convenience - I mean you can use the button on the fob or touch on the tailgate control itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well vacuuming gets done less often. Generally carry the Pali keys. Think I'll wash the car, get out here to start and beep beep beep. So I have to put he keys on the sidewalk while I finish - or I could just unlock it but since I don't need in it that feels unnecessary.

Your point is taken - I could unlock the truck but end up washing it more than once a week and vacuuming is every other week if that...

Also I just don't think of an instance when my hands are full and I want to open the liftgate. When I am approaching the truck with stuff in a shopping cart I just use the fob to open while I am approaching it...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I sit on a towel to protect my drivers seat (I know...it’s a little trashy, but it’s a newer towel 😉). The heating and cooling of the seats is not affected, that I can tell.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts