Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our Palisade Limited AWD in Lagoon Silver last week (6/19) with 10 miles on it. Details on price paid and experience is posted in another thread on that topic.

I first encountered the Palisade at an auto show in December 2018, and after a few minutes climbing in and out of it I knew it would be on our short list of 3-row SUV's to replace our 2009 Nissan Murano. Fast forward 6 months and I started doing my "research process" of reading every article, watching every video, and generally investigating the landscape of family SUV's. We started with over a dozen on the list, then narrowed it down to 5-6, then finally 3...being the Palisade, Subaru Ascent, and Kia Telluride. The process took longer than expected as we were trying to wait out the winter, then the Pandemic pushed everything back another several months, so thus the "long wait" stretching back to last year. After test drives and the main input from my wife, who this will be her daily driver, we picked the Palisade due to its luxury features and value for the money. The Ascent was a close second but I could not get past the 4-cylinder turbo feel and fairly bland interior. The Telluride, even though I really liked the exterior looks and stance, just didn't do it for us.

So far in a week we've put 600 miles on it and I"m looking forward to a 2000mi trip we have planned next month. The semi-autonomous features are really nice and the drive feel is better than I expected from a Hyundai. The only "issues" I've had so far:

• Upon taking it home I noticed the hood was out of alignment in that one side and the gap at the top of the grill on the drivers side was fairly larger than the other, by almost 2-to-1 in size. This really freaked me out but then I figured out there are rubber bumper/adjusters built into the underside of the hood and after playing with that a bit I got the hood aligned. Just a fyi if anyone else experiences that.
  • I definitely picked up on the A-pillar driver-side "wind noise" coming and going at certain highway speeds. I know there are a ton of threads on that and I'll need to read through them to see the latest. Hopefully a definitive fix will be found at some point.
  • For some reason I can't get the auto liftgate feature to work, the one where you are supposed to stand in the back in front of it for 3 seconds with the key fob and get it to open automatically. Yes, I have definitely have the feature turned on in the controls, so not sure what is the issue. I need to maybe play around with it more, this is not a big issue for us, but would be nice to know it works.
This will be a great family car for my wife and our family (2 boys, ages 4 and 11). We were in need of a little extra space and the third row when we have the in-laws visiting. Really looking forward to the ownership!

Jeremy

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Welcome to the forum
I think you will find that hands free power lift function will only open
if all doors are closed and vehicle is locked.
You also have to wait like 15 seconds after doors have been
locked before that function will work.
That is of course if you have it turned on in display settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gene...just tried that out and it was the ticket! I wasn't making sure all doors were fully locked, and the one time I did that I think I was already standing behind it, so did not meet the 15 second criteria. Once I made sure they were locked ahead of time, it started beeping as soon as I stood behind it and then opened up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts