Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 21' Palisade SEL FWD w/ premium and convenience packages last week. Sierra Burgundy w/ black interior. This is not our first Hyundai, we had a Santa Fe back in 2002 and our youngest daughter has an 18' Elantra. We've had an Explorer and a couple of Expeditions as well but really loving this Palisade so far!

Since the pictures were taken, have already had the front windows tinted at 20% and a radar detector hard wired to the rear view mirror w/ blendmount. Replacing the license plate and reverse lights are the only other things planned for now.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Hey, did you do it yourself? I always do that to all my vehicles, but it was a disaster with the Porsche, since it required removing the roof console, and the freaking airbag warning light was there, and triggered a CEL when it got disconnected. Checked the Calligraphy I test-drove, and the mirror didn't have a connector behind it, so you probably had to drop the roof console, right? I'm not sure if I want to do that anymore, but if you provide me with enough detail, and you didn't run into any issues, like breaking tabs, and crap like that, to order the mount and MirrorTap before the SUV gets here. Thank you in advance for your help, and congrats. Or maybe the SEL has a connector behind the mirror? That makes it super easy. Thanks brother. "

Actually it's pretty easy. Up behind the mirror there is a small cover that pops off giving you access to the connector to the mirror and you can tap into that. Below are some pictures to give you an idea. Note that these are pictures from someone else's install but it gives you an idea.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go back and look, I stated that those are pics of someone else's install, not mine. That was just to show you that if you pop that small over off, you have access to the connector for the rear view mirror that you can use mirror tap leads on.

They have spliced into the cable in this picture, but that cable comes from the headliner and clips into the rear view mirror connector which is under the black electrical tape. You can use mirror taps on that connector. Go out to your Palisade and pop off that small cover and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't have one yet, or I wouldn't be asking :). But thanks. I was going to have one today, but stupid dealer didn't notice it was the wrong interior color, and just couldn't live with blue, beige, black, and fake zebra wood together. Ha ha. Until the next one.
Here are pics I took of mine today. In the first pic you can see the small cover that pops off behind the rear view mirror. In the second pic you can see with the small cover off, the cable coming from the headliner down to the rear view mirror connector where my finger is. You can see the cable from my radar detector coming up from the left and plugging into the back of the mirror connector using the mirror taps.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much. Now it was perfectly clear. However, you should have taken a picture of the mirror taps without your fingers, to see exactly which wires you tapped, so I don't have to spend half an hour with a multimeter doing it, but that's okay. Ha ha. If you remember, or wrote down which wires you tapped, the community would appreciate very much if you post that info. And if those wires are only energized with the ignition on, which is what I want. And finally, may I ask which mirror tap cable you bought, and which taps you used (small, medium, large, or small/large, depending which cable you bought). Thanks brother, and good job :).
I just used a generic cable I got off of ebay and I would use small taps. I don't remember which wires I used, but there are only 4 wires in that connector you tap into, so it won't take long with a meter to figure it out.

By looking at another thread: "I used the green (switched power) and black (ground) connection points..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts