Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just picked up our black with brown/beige Nappa leather limited today - primary ride for the wife. Build date is Apr 2020. Build quality seems pretty darn good on this Palisade. I checked all body panel alignment, seals, interior fit and finish, operation of various mechanical components, looked at the paint/clearcoat under my "detailers" light, etc., and wasn't able to detect anything that seemed abnormal.

Background on me... I'm a meticulous "car guy" and try to take exceptional care of our cars both cosmetically and mechanically. I've been a hobby detailer, muscle car "hot rodder," and farm equipment owner for the past 25 years, so I've maintained and recon'd my fair share of paints on daily driver's and show cars, built/modified numerous muscle cars (engines, chassis/suspension, electronics, etc.) for hobby use (drag racing, road course, etc.) and have worked on many tractors and property maintenance equipment from general maintenance to tear down and rebuild. I have a stroked, supercharged, methanol injected, Fox-Body Mustang (owned for 25 years) as my hobby car and a C7 has recently joined the lineup.

We've had umpteen MDX's as they are solid as a rock and we've never had a problem with any of them. Wanted to change it up a bit and the 2020 MDX, although we could have gotten a smoking deal ($7K+ discount) on a Tech/Advance package MDX, feels dated and a bit boring now and we couldn't wait for the new 2021, so we decided to step out of the comfort zone and go with the Palisade.

None of the known issues with these vehicles seem to be present (hopefully I didn't just jinx us), but we only have 72 miles on her, so we shall see how things go... Hopefully we'll have good luck with this one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same color scheme and date, April 2020. Our family loves it. Only complaint is we have the faint smell issue. Although it doesnt bother us.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I also checked out the 2020 MDX and could have scored 9k off MSRP, and it was still an easy decision to go with the Palisade. Like you said, it just felt dated and I wasn't going to wait for the 2021.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts