Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 2022 SEL and brought it in for our first oil change. The dealer said they recently changed their oil recommendations to change at 5000 miles. Does this mean the first oil change or for every oil change after the first? My wife took the car in so I’m not sure what they told her exactly.
Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD, Sierra Burgundy/gray
41 Posts
We just purchased a 2022 SEL and brought it in for our first oil change. The dealer said they recently changed their oil recommendations to change at 5000 miles. Does this mean the first oil change or for every oil change after the first? My wife took the car in so I’m not sure what they told her exactly.
Anyone experience this?
Just took my Pali in yesterday for its first oil change. I just noticed this morning on the reminder sticker they placed on the windshield that it indicates next change in 5,000 miles. I plan to contact the dealership on this to understand how this affects the extended warranty maintenance requirements.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just took my Pali in yesterday for its first oil change. I just noticed this morning on the reminder sticker they placed on the windshield that it indicates next change in 5,000 miles. I plan to contact the dealership on this to understand how this affects the extended warranty maintenance requirements.
Thanks for the reply. I just purchased the extended warranty as well. I may reach out to them to ask the same.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Dealers and other places put what they want. The Official OEM is 3500/7500 based on harsh/regular driving based on what's stated in manual. If you Pali has blue link Nav etc. it kind of knows driving pattern you drive. If your is 2021-2023 the complimentary oil tire rotations etc are tied to 7500 mile intervals.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dealers and other places put what they want. The Official OEM is 3500/7500 based on harsh/regular driving based on what's stated in manual. If you Pali has blue link Nav etc. it kind of knows driving pattern you drive. If your is 2021-2023 the complimentary oil tire rotations etc are tied to 7500 mile intervals.
Exactly! Also, for 99% of owners it’s going to be harsh environment by default. Why? Because even if you drive once a short trip you have harsh environment. If you ever drove once in cold weather you have harsh environment. If you ever idle more than 60sec (even just trying to warm up car or install updates lol) you are considered operating in harsh environment.
That’s the catch 22 in fine print in manual. The rest is semantics.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 5k is a middle range. Very few folks drive in "regular" all the time and very few drive in "harsh" all the time. So, most dealers will recommend a change at 5k. Some extended warranties require 5k as well for the same reason.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for your replies. I took a look at the manual (not sure why I didn’t to begin with) and it says 5K for ‘severe’ conditions. I’ll stick with that. Not sure where I got the 3000 or even 3750 recommendation. It might have been our salesman at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
77 Posts
Thanks all for your replies. I took a look at the manual (not sure why I didn’t to begin with) and it says 5K for ‘severe’ conditions. I’ll stick with that. Not sure where I got the 3000 or even 3750 recommendation. It might have been our salesman at the time of purchase.

I believe the manual I have states 3750 for severe and 7500 for normal...

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
77 Posts
My manual on page 7-11 says 3,750 miles or 6 months.

Does any dealer not say they're on the "severe" schedule?
Dealers don't really care.. It comes down to following the manual for warranty work if it arises... Hyundai will I'm sure try to find a way not to pay if they don't have to...

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
258 Posts
Anyone experience this?
It all depends on your type of use. However, beware that dealers are always trying to get you to change early and use up your "free" oil changes and tire rotations. Best bet if to follow the manual's recommendation which is that in less than severe use is change every 7,500 miles.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts