Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The maps were actually released over a month ago, but testing for the Palisade took longer than expected. I just checked the site and the maps are now available for download. File size is 22GB however the full install barely fit on my 32GB flash drive. It states that the upgrade could take an hour, and the vehicle must remain on the entire time. I'm not too keen on idling my car for an hour while it's 98 degrees outside, so i'm going to wait a little bit on the upgrade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, I performed the update and it only took 20-25 mins. You cannot use the infotainment screen for anything during this period. I couldn't even turn on the rear AC.

·
Registered
68 Posts
FYI, I performed the update and it only took 20-25 mins. You cannot use the infotainment screen for anything during this period. I couldn't even turn on the rear AC.
Stupid question - Where do you find the in-vehicle SD card?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any reason why the vehicle can't be driven during the update?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can drive the car while updating, you just cant change the radio/nav stuff obviously. The only enhancement I've noticed is that the map will show the lanes to the upcoming intersection. I guess that helps if you're unsure whether you can turn from a particular lane or whatever.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can drive the car while updating, you just cant change the radio/nav stuff obviously. The only enhancement I've noticed is that the map will show the lanes to the upcoming intersection. I guess that helps if you're unsure whether you can turn from a particular lane or whatever.
Have you tried Android auto yet to see if it finally has the extended map

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm pretty sure that was already there. You may only notice it now because they've added more intersections with lane information to the database.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The maps were actually released over a month ago, but testing for the Palisade took longer than expected. I just checked the site and the maps are now available for download. File size is 22GB however the full install barely fit on my 32GB flash drive. It states that the upgrade could take an hour, and the vehicle must remain on the entire time. I'm not too keen on idling my car for an hour while it's 98 degrees outside, so i'm going to wait a little bit on the upgrade.

Thanks for posting this! I stupidly tried to use the internal NAV once and ended up in the middle of nowhere. I’ve been using google maps since, but I’d like to get the money I paid for with the NAV system, so good to know they’ve updated the maps finally!

·
Registered
958 Posts
How long did it take you guys to get mapnsoft to accept your VIN? We've had the car for almost a month and it still says invalid VIN when I try to add it to my mapnsoft account.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It took 5 or 6 weeks. I just kept trying once or twice a week and then one day it magically accepted my vin.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any reason why the vehicle can't be driven during the update?
Answering my own question....... no problem updating while driving the vehicle. The updating is a five segment process and you do see a progress bar. I just made sure Stop/Start was not activated.....just in case! I used the Quick Update method (recommended) and the entire process took 27 minutes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts