Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email today from J.D. Power asking me to fill out a survey specifically about the engine and transmission on the Palisade. One of the first questions is whether I've had a problem. To which I said no, which immediately disqualified me from the survey.

I don't remember a ton of people complaining about the engine or transmission. There have been a few vibration issues reported on the forums, and the odd one-off issue, but nothing dramatic. Not like the wind noise issue, at any rate. I wonder what prompted that.

It could also be that it's not just about the Palisade and that they're sending this to every Hyundai owner about all of the cars they sell. The email started with "Dear New 2020 Hyundai Palisade Owner", but that means nothing.

Anyone else got this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got a J.D. Power follow up survey too. The first question was if I posted a picture of my vehicle on social media. I answered No and got a full survey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I received a followup survey, as tallLeRoy above, and was asked the picture question. I posted a picture on media and got a full survey. No mention of Specific engine or transmission issues was in the survey I filled out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got an email today from J.D. Power asking me to fill out a survey specifically about the engine and transmission on the Palisade. One of the first questions is whether I've had a problem. To which I said no, which immediately disqualified me from the survey.

I don't remember a ton of people complaining about the engine or transmission. There have been a few vibration issues reported on the forums, and the odd one-off issue, but nothing dramatic. Not like the wind noise issue, at any rate. I wonder what prompted that.

It could also be that it's not just about the Palisade and that they're sending this to every Hyundai owner about all of the cars they sell. The email started with "Dear New 2020 Hyundai Palisade Owner", but that means nothing.

Anyone else got this?
I wish I got it. I had the fuel pump and engine replaced in my Palisade and the transmission adjusted. I got mine in July and started having problems around 2500 miles. NOT HAPPY

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wish they would have sent me the survey. My transmission is not at all to my liking. I purchased my Palisade Limited in February and can feel every shift of the transmission, especially when trying to cruise at a constant speed between 25 and 45 mph. It's fine on flat roads but I feel like a bobble head on roads where the hills make the transmission constantly shift up and down. When going up hill it downshifts and I feel that and my head bobs. When cresting the hill it upshifts and I feel that too and the car slows from the engine (like a downshift) going downhill instead of just upshifting all the way to 8th gear and allowing the car to coast, like every other car I have owned. So far they have added 1/2 quart of transmission fluid and that helped a bit , but it has been two months since and it still annoys me every time I drive it. Tomorrow they are going to check the fluid level again and try resetting the adaptives to see if that helps. I hope it improves because right now I'm wishing I would have kept my 2013 Santa Fe that was perfect and shifted so smoothly.
I've tried every drive mode and they all shift very noticeably. I've been told that's the way 8 speed transmissions operate. Well if that's the way they feel I would rather go back to the 6 speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts