Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
S axman and Starship, lets agree to disagree
There's nothing to debate about here. Lemon law requirements are based on either the number of times a repair is attempted OR the number of days in service. If they exceed the number of in service days on the first repair attempt, there is no requirement to have multiple repair attempts. In most states, this is 30 days of total in service time. That's already been exceeded by weeks here.

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Unless you have a leased Palisade in Arizona, then there is no lemon law.
While it is a Federal law it is controlled under each States laws.
Ask me I leased a Genesis G90, that was in 24 times for air bag faults
and was unable to get it replaced under the lemon law.
I also contacted 2 different lemon law attorney's they both said the same thing in Arizona
Total piece of crap and $75,000.

·
Registered
262 Posts
While it is a Federal law it is controlled under each States laws.
Ask me I leased a Genesis G90, that was in 24 times for air bag faults
and was unable to get it replaced under the lemon law.
I also contacted 2 different lemon law attorney's they both said the same thing in Arizona
Total piece of crap and $75,000.
Damn, that sucks Gene...

What if it was purchased versus leased?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought I read that Lemon laws are state regulated.

There's nothing to debate about here. Lemon law requirements are based on either the number of times a repair is attempted OR the number of days in service. If they exceed the number of in service days on the first repair attempt, there is no requirement to have multiple repair attempts. In most states, this is 30 days of total in service time. That's already been exceeded by weeks here.
If your correct, I imagine there will be unbelievable number of successful court litigation cases for the car buyer in the states that have lemon laws, due to the logistics situation we are currently in.

There will be so many vehicle owners who will be thinking “ I have waited for that control module for more than 30 days, thank you state taxpayer for buying my vehicle at an excellent price for me”

I’m not convinced your regulatory system works that way. 😀

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You are not covered by AZ lemon law in the this, but can seek relief federal under the Magnuson-Moss warranty act.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Saxman, I just read an interesting legal article written by a judge in California that provides legal guidance to on how to navigate the Lemon Law. He stated one key aspect is the obligation of buyer or lessee to give the manufacturer or dealer a fair chance to repair. Any half decent lawyer representing the manufacturer side in this matter would easily establish that they haven’t been given this opportunity....if they prove logistics challenges led to delays in sourcing a new engine, and these logistics challenges were beyond their control. Look, I’m not a lawyer, but these matters are rarely easily determined by a single variable of 30 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
At first I was unsure about the quality of Hyundai. Now I'm begining to lose faith in their service and taking care of their customers. I'm at 6 weeks in service right now and still don't have a good idea when it will be complete. Even if the car is fixed properly and doesn't have future issues I've been really let down by the service department. They don't provide regular updates unless I call and hound them. Buying the most expensive car Hyundai makes seams nice, but you are still stuck with the service of a lesser auto manufacturer. I'm really considering switching to a toyota highlander hybrid when this is all done.
At first I was unsure about the quality of Hyundai. Now I'm begining to lose faith in their service and taking care of their customers. I'm at 6 weeks in service right now and still don't have a good idea when it will be complete. Even if the car is fixed properly and doesn't have future issues I've been really let down by the service department. They don't provide regular updates unless I call and hound them. Buying the most expensive car Hyundai makes seams nice, but you are still stuck with the service of a lesser auto manufacturer. I'm really considering switching to a toyota highlander hybrid when this is all done.
Like I said in my previous post. I had the same issue with my first palisade. First they put me through a consumption test in which I had to bring my car back 1000 miles to check the oil level. After they finally had enough proof of the engine issue they made a claim to hyundai for a new engine. By this time I had lost confidence in the car since it literally cut off while my wife was driving it. My car was in the shop from the beginning of December to the end of January. We got a lawyer and he started communicating with Hyundai and they contacted the dealer in which then they decided to give me a deal on a trade in. Mistakenly, I accepted and traded my 2020 in for a 2021. This new one drives the same way and I hate it. If I could go back I would not have made the deal and continued the lemon law. Palisades are poorly made cars

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the title states, today I am 3 weeks without my 11 month old palisade limited. Issues started happening around 5k miles when I experienced the car stalling when coming to a stop. Took it in and I was told the engine oil was extremely low. They changed the oil and topped it off. Since that first oil change I watched the oil level pretty frequently. After about 1500 miles I was about 2 quarts low and frustrated. I scheduled another service appointment and after finding the oil level another quart low, they didn't like the sound that was coming from the engine and wanted to run more tests. After doing some additional tests they determined something indeed is wrong with the engine and submitted the claim to Hyundai for a new engine replacement. As of today that claim is approved and now we wait for a new engine to arrive. I'm in a weird position where I still love the palisade and stand by my decision, but can't help but feel let down by the brand. In oregon I may be able to persue a lemon law claim due to the car more than likely being out more than 30 days. But not sure if that is the best action. There really is no car in this price range (telluride not included) that has all the features of my 2020 limited palisade. Was this just bad luck? Or should I switch to a brand with higher reliability like toyota highlander. What's your thoughts
My 2020 Plaisade just started missing when I started to go. It stalled once but I didn’t think too much of it snd maybe I did something wrong. Now today it stalled again as I was coming to a stop on the off ramp. Now it’s making a knocking noise. I’m going to check the oil tomorrow, This is my first Hyundai and I love it, but the first time it stalled I was about to turn and even today it could of been tragic. Hope you got your engine and no new issues

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
188 Posts
My 2020 Plaisade just started missing when I started to go. It stalled once but I didn’t think too much of it snd maybe I did something wrong. Now today it stalled again as I was coming to a stop on the off ramp. Now it’s making a knocking noise. I’m going to check the oil tomorrow, This is my first Hyundai and I love it, but the first time it stalled I was about to turn and even today it could of been tragic. Hope you got your engine and no new issues
Could be a lot of reasons for this, including bad gasoline.

FYI - this post is 8 months old.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts