Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings, all. Happy to have just taken home our 2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD, Midnight Cloud. We researched this vehicle for many weeks and deliberated between this and a Hyper White version up until the last minute, but in the end chose the Midnight Cloud. If I can answer any questions or provide any information to help someone who is considering a Palisade, please let me know.
View attachment 1806

View attachment 1807

In our case we drove several hours to purchase the vehicle because we could not find what we wanted locally. We had a lot of questions about the interior colors, and since we could not see all the options locally we had to rely on (very nice) Hyundai salespeople who would take the time to give us virtual tours of the interiors via cell phone. The sticker on this vehicle says the interior is Light Beige / Light Beige, but you can clearly see that is not the case. In my searches I came across a Canadian Hyundai dealer that was selling an "Ultimate Caligraphy" Palisade which stated it had a "Harbour Grey" interior, and I believe that is what I have. Another site stated that you can only get this interior color on the Midnight Cloud exterior color. In any case - we like it! We also liked the (real) light beige interior available on the Hyper White, but in the end chose this because we felt the varying and contrasting colors showed off the design elements more than the beige interior.

As a techie-person, I was disappointed to learn that (Apple) Wireless Carplay is not available on the higher trim levels. It seems odd that this feature is only available at those trim levels, but I have ordered a Wireless Carplay adapter from Amazon.

Again, if I can help anyone else with their questions or purchasing decisions, please just ask. So far: really loving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey ncDave! I was glad to see your post. I have the same situation. My Limited sticker shows beige on beige but the seats look gray. I have been wondering about that and you have cleared that up for me. I also have the black in the back of the seats. I wonder how we got something that is not offered in the States...
in any case, here is my question for the group. From my research into Canadian dealers, it looks like the Napa Leather harbour gray is only available for the Caligraphy. They do have the normal harbour gray available for the Luxury model (which I think is the Limited). I have a Limited so I am now wondering if I actually have Napa leather...how can I confirm that I do? How do you tell the difference between normal Leather and Napa Leather?
Thank you!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey ncDave! I was glad to see your post. I have the same situation. My Limited sticker shows beige on beige but the seats look gray. I have been wondering about that and you have cleared that up for me. I also have the black in the back of the seats. I wonder how we got something that is not offered in the States...
in any case, here is my question for the group. From my research into Canadian dealers, it looks like the Napa Leather harbour gray is only available for the Caligraphy. They do have the normal harbour gray available for the Luxury model (which I think is the Limited). I have a Limited so I am now wondering if I actually have Napa leather...how can I confirm that I do? How do you tell the difference between normal Leather and Napa Leather?
Thank you!
I believe the nappa leather is defined by the quilted type stitching design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, has anyone ever actually seen a Midnight Cloud Calligraphy with the beige interior like shown on the Hyundai USA website? I mean with the beige seatbacks and lower doors. I ordered one that I assumed was like that. It will be here this Friday so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So with 3 kids I was also thinking that a darker interior would help hide the kid scuffs a little better, and somehow I got this interior on my Midnight Cloud Palisade Caligraphy that has that: dark seat backs. If you configure a 2021 Midnight Cloud Calligraphy Palisade on hyundaiusa.com, there is only one interior choice, and it looks like this:
View attachment 2114

My 2021 Midnight Cloud Calligraphy Palisade is similar, but...
View attachment 2115

You can see in my photo that the bottom of the doors are very dark blue and the seatbacks are also dark blue, which differs from the light beige shown in the online configuration.

Anyway, since we like our vehicle I just find it interesting, not a problem. :)
We put down a deposit on a Moonlight Cloud Limited. (Still at the port, currently) On the salespersons monitor, it said light for the interior. When online doing the “build”, it only shows black and beige nappa leather. Nothing showed up as light beige for an interior option. We were interested in the BEIGE. I think I may be one of the very few who do like the simulated wood grain, lol.😅 That’s fine, but I’m not sure if that will come with the vehicle with LIGHT BEIGE nappa🤔. I also do like the bluish gray accents, and hoping it will be on the seat backs. It’s confusing when going from the Hyundai site and building your vehicle , and then going to the dealer to see what’s actually out there. I just wanna know for sure, what the color configurations are🤦🏻‍♀️

… so after digging just a bit more, I think I’ve figured it out. You can only get the beige with dark brown ( don’t want) on the calligraphy, in either black or white exterior. Since I’m getting a Moonlight Cloud, it’s either black or light beige nappa. Great, cuz that way I’ll get the bluish gray accents and the wood.
Thank you for all the good info on here.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts