Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was looking for the Moonlight Cloud and I cant seem to even find one in the southeast. Had to look all the way up to the Washington area to find some. Popular color and the one I want...

·
Registered
17 Posts
So with 3 kids I was also thinking that a darker interior would help hide the kid scuffs a little better, and somehow I got this interior on my Midnight Cloud Palisade Caligraphy that has that: dark seat backs. If you configure a 2021 Midnight Cloud Calligraphy Palisade on hyundaiusa.com, there is only one interior choice, and it looks like this:
View attachment 2114

My 2021 Midnight Cloud Calligraphy Palisade is similar, but...
View attachment 2115

You can see in my photo that the bottom of the doors are very dark blue and the seatbacks are also dark blue, which differs from the light beige shown in the online configuration.

Anyway, since we like our vehicle I just find it interesting, not a problem. :)
Wow...first time I’ve noticed the difference. To be honest, I like the look of yours vs. what it shows on the Hyundai website. I’m hoping what you have is the default and the website is simply wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I understand that the exterior and interior colour tend to vary based on where you live but I'll be taking delivery of my calligraphy in a couple days with the hyper white (exterior) and harbour grey (interior). No beige/tan interior colour was an option the only other was the black interior.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I’m looking to get the calligraphy as well but disappointed they didn’t offer the blue with the black interior. I have 3 boys, so the darker interior the better. Now I’m not sure about the white or black exterior? Does the white paint have any sparkle to it? I’ve never owned a white car.
Hardest Palisade to find and going for a premium, White/Beige. I have it and people come up to me at gas stations to tell how beautiful it is and what suv is this? White is the #1 color in US. Just look around while driving, white everywhere. I would love to sit in a grey interior. I'm sure it's great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, all. Happy to have just taken home our 2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD, Midnight Cloud. We researched this vehicle for many weeks and deliberated between this and a Hyper White version up until the last minute, but in the end chose the Midnight Cloud. If I can answer any questions or provide any information to help someone who is considering a Palisade, please let me know.
View attachment 1806

View attachment 1807

In our case we drove several hours to purchase the vehicle because we could not find what we wanted locally. We had a lot of questions about the interior colors, and since we could not see all the options locally we had to rely on (very nice) Hyundai salespeople who would take the time to give us virtual tours of the interiors via cell phone. The sticker on this vehicle says the interior is Light Beige / Light Beige, but you can clearly see that is not the case. In my searches I came across a Canadian Hyundai dealer that was selling an "Ultimate Caligraphy" Palisade which stated it had a "Harbour Grey" interior, and I believe that is what I have. Another site stated that you can only get this interior color on the Midnight Cloud exterior color. In any case - we like it! We also liked the (real) light beige interior available on the Hyper White, but in the end chose this because we felt the varying and contrasting colors showed off the design elements more than the beige interior.

As a techie-person, I was disappointed to learn that (Apple) Wireless Carplay is not available on the higher trim levels. It seems odd that this feature is only available at those trim levels, but I have ordered a Wireless Carplay adapter from Amazon.

Again, if I can help anyone else with their questions or purchasing decisions, please just ask. So far: really loving it.

Can you tell me more about the Carplay not working on the 2021? I tried out the apple carplay on the 2020 Limited and it syncs with apple iphones, but I want to make sure that didn't go away. I was considering the Calligraphy, but wanted the Sierra Burgandy with beige interior. It is not availble in Calligraphy and the 2021 Limited is a downgrade from the 2020 Limited.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy Hyper White/Beige/Dark Brown
78 Posts
I would love a 2021 Calligraphy but I'm pretty set on having a Hyper White exterior with the beige interior. Unfortunately, on the hyundaiusa.com website Moonlight Cloud is the only exterior color to offer the beige interior. However, I'm looking at this post and simultaneously watching a YouTube video of a Hyper White with what looks to me to be the beige interior. The dealership is searching for a Limited in my color combo (they had the only one in a 400 mile radius and sold it) but I just texted the sales manager and told him I saw a Calligraphy with my choices and to please try to find that if possible. 🤞

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can you tell me more about the Carplay not working on the 2021? I tried out the apple carplay on the 2020 Limited and it syncs with apple iphones, but I want to make sure that didn't go away. I was considering the Calligraphy, but wanted the Sierra Burgandy with beige interior. It is not availble in Calligraphy and the 2021 Limited is a downgrade from the 2020 Limited.
The lower trim levels in 2021 have WIRELESS carplay but this upgrade was not added to any trim levels with the 10.25" infotainment screen (Calligraphy, Limited, SEL's with Premium package). Apple Carplay still works, just not wirelessly.

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
I would love a 2021 Calligraphy but I'm pretty set on having a Hyper White exterior with the beige interior. Unfortunately, on the hyundaiusa.com website Moonlight Cloud is the only exterior color to offer the beige interior. However, I'm looking at this post and simultaneously watching a YouTube video of a Hyper White with what looks to me to be the beige interior. The dealership is searching for a Limited in my color combo (they had the only one in a 400 mile radius and sold it) but I just texted the sales manager and told him I saw a Calligraphy with my choices and to please try to find that if possible. 🤞
Hyundaiusa list the hyper white with a dark brown interior. If you check it out it is a Beige color, maybe one shade darker than my Beige. The top of the door and that stuff is the dark brown
which is the same as my Hyper white with ( Beige/dark brown trim ) 2020 limited
Looks like they just messed up and forgot the Beige in the interior wording

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hyundaiusa list the hyper white with a dark brown interior. If you check it out it is a Beige color, maybe one shade darker than my Beige. The top of the door and that stuff is the dark brown
which is the same as my Hyper white with ( Beige/dark brown trim ) 2020 limited
Looks like they just messed up and forgot the Beige in the interior wording
Thanks for the response. On the website, the dark brown definitely has a darker tone, to my eyes, than the beige. To me, the beige really looks white or maybe cream. I absolutely love that cream color with the black piping around it. The dark brown appears to, again to my eyes, to be light brown with dark brown piping. It is difficult to be sure in pictures and I've not seen the dark brown interior in person. I definitely want the black on white look. I'm highly frustrated that their top of the line trim is less customizable than the lower levels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the response. On the website, the dark brown definitely has a darker tone, to my eyes, than the beige. To me, the beige really looks white or maybe cream. I absolutely love that cream color with the black piping around it. The dark brown appears to, again to my eyes, to be light brown with dark brown piping. It is difficult to be sure in pictures and I've not seen the dark brown interior in person. I definitely want the black on white look. I'm highly frustrated that their top of the line trim is less customizable than the lower levels.
The biggest difference is the dash. One one, the dash is moncocromatic, the other has a faux wood grain.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
So this was bugging me so I went digging and picked a dealer at random via Autotrader.

Exhibit 1 below. The window sticker lists the interior and seat colors as "Light beige": https://www.elyriahyundai.com/resrc/hyundaiwindowsticker/getByVIN/?vin=KM8R7DHE4MU196853

Exhibit 2 below. The window sticker lists the interior and seat colors as "Beige with Dark Brown": https://www.elyriahyundai.com/resrc/hyundaiwindowsticker/getByVIN/?vin=KM8R7DHE9MU181443
There's definitely a lot of confusion around interior color. I think "beige" and "dark brown" have the same color leather with different accents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's definitely a lot of confusion around interior color. I think "beige" and "dark brown" have the same color leather with different accents.
It is confusing. Looks like on the 2021 Calligraphy models, the Midnight Cloud models have the Light Beige which is almost white/grey while the Hyper White and the Black models have the Dark Brown options which is beige. I got the 2021 Calligraphy with the Moonlight Cloud / Light Beige and it does seem a little different than the "Dark Brown" but ever so slightly. The best picture that I have found that shows the differentiation is the one below with the Light Beige being the one on the left and the Dark Brown (Beige) being on the right:

·
Registered
78 Posts
The one on the left looks white leaning towards grey while the other appears white leaning towards beige. Thanks for the photo! It’s the best comparison I’ve seen to give a good idea of the difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow...first time I’ve noticed the difference. To be honest, I like the look of yours vs. what it shows on the Hyundai website. I’m hoping what you have is the default and the website is simply wrong.
I just got the Midnight Cloud / Light Beige Calligraphy and the seat backs are dark blue as well.I think that is the standard with the website probably being wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
light beige seems to have a wood grain trim on dash, and steering wheel leather is black.
The beige with dark brown, door inserts not wood grain and the steering wheel leather is a dark brown leather

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
light beige seems to have a wood grain trim on dash, and steering wheel leather is black.
The beige with dark brown, door inserts not wood grain and the steering wheel leather is a dark brown leather
The light beige one seems to have a blue steering wheel, like the top of the dash. Not black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The light beige one seems to have a blue steering wheel, like the top of the dash. Not black.
Correct. It is a blue steering wheel and is color coordinated with the dash, the bottom 1/2 of the door panels, the seat back, and the piping on the seats. Goes well with the ambient lighting when set to blue :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a hard time deciding which color palisade to purchase.
At this point I am considering white, steel grey, or rainforest. I have heard white doesn’t show scratches as much, but is it hard to keep clean? Also I feel the white doesn’t contrast the silver trim as nicely as darker colours. The darker colours are probably more like to hide dirt, but do scratches show easily?

I am undecided on interior as well.I don’t mind the beige interior, but I don’t like the fake wood trim panelling. Can you get the beige interior with the black trim paneling?

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.
I’m located in Canada.

Thank you in advance

Greetings, all. Happy to have just taken home our 2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD, Midnight Cloud. We researched this vehicle for many weeks and deliberated between this and a Hyper White version up until the last minute, but in the end chose the Midnight Cloud. If I can answer any questions or provide any information to help someone who is considering a Palisade, please let me know.
View attachment 1806

View attachment 1807

In our case we drove several hours to purchase the vehicle because we could not find what we wanted locally. We had a lot of questions about the interior colors, and since we could not see all the options locally we had to rely on (very nice) Hyundai salespeople who would take the time to give us virtual tours of the interiors via cell phone. The sticker on this vehicle says the interior is Light Beige / Light Beige, but you can clearly see that is not the case. In my searches I came across a Canadian Hyundai dealer that was selling an "Ultimate Caligraphy" Palisade which stated it had a "Harbour Grey" interior, and I believe that is what I have. Another site stated that you can only get this interior color on the Midnight Cloud exterior color. In any case - we like it! We also liked the (real) light beige interior available on the Hyper White, but in the end chose this because we felt the varying and contrasting colors showed off the design elements more than the beige interior.

As a techie-person, I was disappointed to learn that (Apple) Wireless Carplay is not available on the higher trim levels. It seems odd that this feature is only available at those trim levels, but I have ordered a Wireless Carplay adapter from Amazon.

Again, if I can help anyone else with their questions or purchasing decisions, please just ask. So far: really loving it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all. I've seen the spec list above as well, and also thought that beige was the only color choice. I don't know if I can convince anyone of this color definition, and it is definitely hard to tell from the photos, but here's how I reached my conclusion...

First, yes - our sticker does claim that the vehicle interior is LIGHT BEIGE / LIGHT BEIGE. No mention of grey, or blue.

Second, we've seen beige and have ridden in a 2020 beige interior. It's hard to tell from the photos, but ours is most assuredly closer to grey than beige.

Third, here's a picture of a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy, white with beige interior. By the way, this color combo is NOT on Amnlupiano's document (which we also had seen earlier), but I can assure you this Calligraphy is currently for sale in Virginia. See for yourself: New 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy AWD
View attachment 1812
I believe this has been referred to as beige with brown. Note that the bottom of the doors and the backs of the front seats are also color-matched beige. The trim on the door just above the pillowed leather pattern is a flat strip that is made to look like a matte metal finish, then brown is above it. Also brown is over the dashboard. No faux wood at all.

If you look at our vehicle interior picture again, you'll see that above the dashboard and the bottom parts of the doors is blue, the backs of the seats are dark blue, and the trim above the pillowed leather on the door is a faux wood. Definitely not the same 'beige' trim as you see in the white Calligraphy above.

Fourth, and finally, if you go to Hyundai Canada's site (https://www.hyundaicanada.com/en/shopping-tools/buildandprice) and build a 2020 Palisade "Luxury" with 7-passenger seating, you'll see that if you select the exterior as Moonlight Cloud, you can select one of two trims: "Midnight Black" or "Harbour Grey". Here is a picture from that build
View attachment 1814
This is our interior precisely, but this photo makes it look more beige than it actually is [recall: they do call it Harbour GREY, and we've all likely seen how blue the Midnight Blue looks in the Hyundai marketing shots versus how blue it is in real life...]

Well, that's it. Could I be wrong? Only if 'beige' means two completely different things to Hyundai. However, I'm very open to discussion about it. I still believe I have a Harbour Grey interior, and more importantly, I like what I got whatever they call it. :)

I have the 2021 Moonlight Cloud Calligraphy edition and I have Harbour GREY seats as well. I checked out my Palisade sitting right next to a 2020 with beige seats and they were not the same color. The beige seats are lighter than the Harbour GREY seats. My sticker has beige on it but these seats are not the same color as the beige seats.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts