Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all. Happy to have just taken home our 2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD, Midnight Cloud. We researched this vehicle for many weeks and deliberated between this and a Hyper White version up until the last minute, but in the end chose the Midnight Cloud. If I can answer any questions or provide any information to help someone who is considering a Palisade, please let me know.
View attachment 1806

View attachment 1807

In our case we drove several hours to purchase the vehicle because we could not find what we wanted locally. We had a lot of questions about the interior colors, and since we could not see all the options locally we had to rely on (very nice) Hyundai salespeople who would take the time to give us virtual tours of the interiors via cell phone. The sticker on this vehicle says the interior is Light Beige / Light Beige, but you can clearly see that is not the case. In my searches I came across a Canadian Hyundai dealer that was selling an "Ultimate Caligraphy" Palisade which stated it had a "Harbour Grey" interior, and I believe that is what I have. Another site stated that you can only get this interior color on the Midnight Cloud exterior color. In any case - we like it! We also liked the (real) light beige interior available on the Hyper White, but in the end chose this because we felt the varying and contrasting colors showed off the design elements more than the beige interior.

As a techie-person, I was disappointed to learn that (Apple) Wireless Carplay is not available on the higher trim levels. It seems odd that this feature is only available at those trim levels, but I have ordered a Wireless Carplay adapter from Amazon.

Again, if I can help anyone else with their questions or purchasing decisions, please just ask. So far: really loving it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome!

you say you believe you have the harbour gray interior? what does your sticker say because your interior looks like beige to me. I have black and when I was shopping the "beige" just looked cream white to me.

·
Registered
2020 palisade AWD W/ all options
24 Posts
You seem to have the beige interior that’s the same as our hyper white SEL. Although, if you pay attention to the steering wheel and dash, it’s actually a greyish blue, not black.... drives my husband crazy. But I like that it’s different.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Weird...according to the order guide, Midnight cloud only comes with the beige color. The order guide makes no mention of a Harbour Grey color. Sounds like the dealer is making up stories or the order guide is totally wrong. Where did you see this color listed? On what site? First I, hearing of it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a green Limited and the website had only shown it available with black interior.
Couple of months ago I had to visit the dealer so I strolled over to their sales area. They had a green Limited for sale and it had a beige interior! I saw a unicorn!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all. I've seen the spec list above as well, and also thought that beige was the only color choice. I don't know if I can convince anyone of this color definition, and it is definitely hard to tell from the photos, but here's how I reached my conclusion...

First, yes - our sticker does claim that the vehicle interior is LIGHT BEIGE / LIGHT BEIGE. No mention of grey, or blue.

Second, we've seen beige and have ridden in a 2020 beige interior. It's hard to tell from the photos, but ours is most assuredly closer to grey than beige.

Third, here's a picture of a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy, white with beige interior. By the way, this color combo is NOT on Amnlupiano's document (which we also had seen earlier), but I can assure you this Calligraphy is currently for sale in Virginia. See for yourself: New 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy AWD

I believe this has been referred to as beige with brown. Note that the bottom of the doors and the backs of the front seats are also color-matched beige. The trim on the door just above the pillowed leather pattern is a flat strip that is made to look like a matte metal finish, then brown is above it. Also brown is over the dashboard. No faux wood at all.

If you look at our vehicle interior picture again, you'll see that above the dashboard and the bottom parts of the doors is blue, the backs of the seats are dark blue, and the trim above the pillowed leather on the door is a faux wood. Definitely not the same 'beige' trim as you see in the white Calligraphy above.

Fourth, and finally, if you go to Hyundai Canada's site (https://www.hyundaicanada.com/en/shopping-tools/buildandprice) and build a 2020 Palisade "Luxury" with 7-passenger seating, you'll see that if you select the exterior as Moonlight Cloud, you can select one of two trims: "Midnight Black" or "Harbour Grey". Here is a picture from that build

This is our interior precisely, but this photo makes it look more beige than it actually is [recall: they do call it Harbour GREY, and we've all likely seen how blue the Midnight Blue looks in the Hyundai marketing shots versus how blue it is in real life...]

Well, that's it. Could I be wrong? Only if 'beige' means two completely different things to Hyundai. However, I'm very open to discussion about it. I still believe I have a Harbour Grey interior, and more importantly, I like what I got whatever they call it. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good looking vehicle. I enjoy my black with sparkles and white interior. They can call it biege, but its white. I just hauled a crap load of lumber in it today. Glad I bought mine. Enjoy mate.

·
Super Moderator
1,663 Posts
Welcome to the forum
If you like it, call it what ever color you want.
The tops of my doors are brown in my 2020 limited.
That is a nice color combo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Weird, it appears the Canadian models have different colors than the US models. I see the Harbour grey on the Luxury. I also see a Pearl Beige on an Ultimate, an Olive Green (when selecting the Ultimate in steel graphite), etc.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Weird, it appears the Canadian models have different colors than the US models. I see the Harbour grey on the Luxury. I also see a Pearl Beige on an Ultimate, an Olive Green (when selecting the Ultimate in steel graphite), etc.
Yeah Canada has different colors. That olive green is not available in the US.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah Canada has different colors. That olive green is not available in the US.
I believe the versions in Canada are names a little differently Ultimate instead of Limited...and they have a 7 drive mode selections over the five in the states.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings, all. Happy to have just taken home our 2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD, Midnight Cloud. We researched this vehicle for many weeks and deliberated between this and a Hyper White version up until the last minute, but in the end chose the Midnight Cloud. If I can answer any questions or provide any information to help someone who is considering a Palisade, please let me know.
View attachment 1806

View attachment 1807

In our case we drove several hours to purchase the vehicle because we could not find what we wanted locally. We had a lot of questions about the interior colors, and since we could not see all the options locally we had to rely on (very nice) Hyundai salespeople who would take the time to give us virtual tours of the interiors via cell phone. The sticker on this vehicle says the interior is Light Beige / Light Beige, but you can clearly see that is not the case. In my searches I came across a Canadian Hyundai dealer that was selling an "Ultimate Caligraphy" Palisade which stated it had a "Harbour Grey" interior, and I believe that is what I have. Another site stated that you can only get this interior color on the Midnight Cloud exterior color. In any case - we like it! We also liked the (real) light beige interior available on the Hyper White, but in the end chose this because we felt the varying and contrasting colors showed off the design elements more than the beige interior.

As a techie-person, I was disappointed to learn that (Apple) Wireless Carplay is not available on the higher trim levels. It seems odd that this feature is only available at those trim levels, but I have ordered a Wireless Carplay adapter from Amazon.

Again, if I can help anyone else with their questions or purchasing decisions, please just ask. So far: really loving it.
Congrats. That looks great except for the fake wood trim. That looks cheap and awful. I agree about the lack of wireless carplay in higher trims. Doesn't make sense at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Ontario I'm waiting on the delivery of our 2021 Palisade calligraphy and if you wanted the hyper white (exterior) the only available interior colors were black and harbor grey (no beige). Seems every other exterior color had the available black or beige interior options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finding it impossible to get the calligraphy in moonlight cloud with black interior. Its like Hyundai don't want to sell cars or something

View attachment 1806

View attachment 1807

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finding it impossible to get the calligraphy in moonlight cloud with black interior. Its like Hyundai don't want to sell cars or something
That’s because the Moonlight Cloud only comes in one interior color choice...Harbour Gray/Light Beige. You cannot get it any other way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm assuming they will start making more in the future. Although the dealer says probably not. Makes sense for them (Hyundai) to increase the number of options to broaden the customer base.

That’s because the Moonlight Cloud only comes in one interior color choice...Harbour Gray/Light Beige. You cannot get it any other way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm assuming they will start making more in the future. Although the dealer says probably not. Makes sense for them (Hyundai) to increase the number of options to broaden the customer base.
Depends on the cost vs revenue. Probably had some focus group that ultimately decided consumers wouldn't want it. Personally I am not a fan of the moonlight cloud color.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 1806

View attachment 1807

I’m looking to get the calligraphy as well but disappointed they didn’t offer the blue with the black interior. I have 3 boys, so the darker interior the better. Now I’m not sure about the white or black exterior? Does the white paint have any sparkle to it? I’ve never owned a white car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m looking to get the calligraphy as well but disappointed they didn’t offer the blue with the black interior. I have 3 boys, so the darker interior the better. Now I’m not sure about the white or black exterior? Does the white paint have any sparkle to it? I’ve never owned a white car.
See this: Hyper White

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So with 3 kids I was also thinking that a darker interior would help hide the kid scuffs a little better, and somehow I got this interior on my Midnight Cloud Palisade Caligraphy that has that: dark seat backs. If you configure a 2021 Midnight Cloud Calligraphy Palisade on hyundaiusa.com, there is only one interior choice, and it looks like this:

My 2021 Midnight Cloud Calligraphy Palisade is similar, but...

You can see in my photo that the bottom of the doors are very dark blue and the seatbacks are also dark blue, which differs from the light beige shown in the online configuration.

Anyway, since we like our vehicle I just find it interesting, not a problem. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts