Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting on a White, Limited Palisade and seeing all the negatives in this forum are really making me nervous. Does everyone have loud road/wind noise??? Are there other reasons I should just avoid the Palisade altogether??? I am really worried because I bought a Tahoe when they redesigned the body style, (had 1 of the 1st ones off the production line), and it was a lemon !!! I had so many issues with it that I swore I wouldn't buy a new model of vehicle again. And here I am.......

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you know what people DON'T do when they are enjoying their new vehicle, problem free? Post on forums randomly without further context, "yup, no problems here!" Meanwhile, those folks that DO have problems certainly will post, hoping to find either a solution or, even simply just to complain (which they are within their rights to do so, of course). So you're seeing at least a healthy dose of "self-selection bias", the folks more likely to be experiencing problems, no matter how small in portion they actually are, will be more highly "represented" in the forums.

Now, soapbox aside, I have no wind noise. I am thoroughly enjoying the vehicle, and I consider it the best car I've ever owned. Read through this thread: https://www.palisadeforum.com/threads/getting-cold-feed-about-purchasing-a-p-do-you-have-buyers-remorse.515/

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what people DON'T do when they are enjoying their new vehicle, problem free? Post on forums randomly without further context, "yup, no problems here!" Meanwhile, those folks that DO have problems certainly will post, hoping to find either a solution or, even simply just to complain (which they are within their rights to do so, of course). So you're seeing at least a healthy dose of "self-selection bias", the folks more likely to be experiencing problems, no matter how small in portion they actually are, will be more highly "represented" in the forums.

Now, soapbox aside, I have no wind noise. I am thoroughly enjoying the vehicle, and I consider it the best car I've ever owned. Read through this thread: https://www.palisadeforum.com/threads/getting-cold-feed-about-purchasing-a-p-do-you-have-buyers-remorse.515/
Thank you so much. I guess all I can do is test drive mine when it comes in and if it's bad, I'll let someone else buy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My chevy Lumina has more road noise. Im getting Hush paper installed to make it extra quite but there is nothing bad about the amount of noise I get in the car. My benz ml 350 got about 68 DB this one gets 71 DB. Remember a benz cost almost double so the extra is put into little things like more sound deadener. My guy said 3 sheets per door at 45 per door so for 180 in parts and his labor probably 3 hours I will quiet the vehicle down. BUT THATS JUST MY ANAL SELF because my wife doesnt even realize it neither does anyone else. If I had just come out of a ML 350 I probably wouldnt have noticed either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My chevy Lumina has more road noise. Im getting Hush paper installed to make it extra quite but there is nothing bad about the amount of noise I get in the car. My benz ml 350 got about 68 DB this one gets 71 DB. Remember a benz cost almost double so the extra is put into little things like more sound deadener. My guy said 3 sheets per door at 45 per door so for 180 in parts and his labor probably 3 hours I will quiet the vehicle down. BUT THATS JUST MY ANAL SELF because my wife doesnt even realize it neither does anyone else. If I had just come out of a ML 350 I probably wouldnt have noticed either.
What is hush paper and where on the vehicle is it placed?

·
Registered
147 Posts
What is hush paper and where on the vehicle is it placed?
They're probably referring to hushmat (similar/rival product is dynamat, which is more popular so you may be more familiar with that name), which is just rolls or sheets of sound deadening "insulation" adhesive things that you apply to, for example, inside your door panels, or straight up on the floor of the entire interior of the vehicle beneath the carpeting if you were to go crazy thorough. It's a popular accessory for folks into those high-end aftermarket stereo systems, and it helps "clean" up the sound by eliminating vibrations, rattling, etc. It can also help with road noise, but logically it wouldn't do anything for wind noise. But, for just a regular ol' people hauler like the Palisade, seems a bit overboard for marginal improvement(s). But it's certainly an option, albeit an expensive one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buy it you won't regret it. For a forum there are actually very few complaints for the number of cars sold. Check some of the competitive Manufactures forums and you will be amazed. This is a world class car for it's price.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My Wife and I love ours (SEL) no concerns. That said yes its prudent to test drive your own specific car. We both carefully checked out the exterior, interior and went for a test drive as we had with the dealers example earlier. We find the car very quiet (our last car was Honda Odyssey 2005) much quieter. No car is silent. I will say this as an aside It very easy to be driving over 70mph and not even notice that your going the fast. If your in ticket happy places you might want to keep an eye on the Speedo.

·
Registered
31 Posts

^^^THIS^^^
Lovin' my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am waiting on a White, Limited Palisade and seeing all the negatives in this forum are really making me nervous. Does everyone have loud road/wind noise??? Are there other reasons I should just avoid the Palisade altogether??? I am really worried because I bought a Tahoe when they redesigned the body style, (had 1 of the 1st ones off the production line), and it was a lemon !!! I had so many issues with it that I swore I wouldn't buy a new model of vehicle again. And here I am.......
I have a Palisade Limited. Bought it 2 months ago and have no issues with wind noise. You will love it. Just enjoy your purchase decision.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Download a sound meter app. Load it up on your phone then Place it in the center console. Look at the decibels reading with windows closed no radio. Just road noise, engine noise and wind noise. I found my SEL to be in the avg range of 71 to 72 when driving and 66 when engine off standing still in the street. It's not noisy for sure. It is also not in the quiet range of a more luxurious and expensive vehicle. I don't think you will have a complaint about the noise levels unless you are coming out of a Benz, range rover or Audi high end models. I only mentioned the hush mat because I want super quiet around 65 to 67 decibels or lower when driving. I will have to invest in sound deadening to achieve this. My biggest complaint is the transmission is a bit slow when making into the freeway. I'm nitpicking though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For context I am a long time Lexus owner (28 years), mainly LS's but my wife also had RX's and ES's. I traded an LS460 for my Limited Palisade and while the Palisade isn't as quiet as my old LS, is was definitely quieter and more comfortable than my wife's RX and the LX's I drove as loaners when I had my LS serviced. While there are features on my old LS I miss (electric folding mirrors - Hyundai are you listening?) I still don't miss my LS at all. I just finished a 1000 mile round trip, 5000 miles total and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. Maybe I'm lucky but didn't experience what I would consider excessive wind noise up to 80mph. Just my point of view, but I don't think you can do better even if you spent a lot more money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For context I am a long time Lexus owner (28 years), mainly LS's but my wife also had RX's and ES's. I traded an LS460 for my Limited Palisade and while the Palisade isn't as quiet as my old LS, is was definitely quieter and more comfortable than my wife's RX and the LX's I drove as loaners when I had my LS serviced. While there are features on my old LS I miss (electric folding mirrors - Hyundai are you listening?) I still don't miss my LS at all. I just finished a 1000 mile round trip, 5000 miles total and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. Maybe I'm lucky but didn't experience what I would consider excessive wind noise up to 80mph. Just my point of view, but I don't think you can do better even if you spent a lot more money.
Great! Thank you!! I am coming from a '17 Silverado that seems super loud on interstate especially. My lease is up, otherwise I would maybe wait for a Palisade refresh where they throw on those power mirrors and other things. Oh well. I guess now, the deciding factor is if it even comes in before I need to turn my truck in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a Limited today. I was also concerned about the wind noise. Before I inked the final deal I took the specific one I was purchasing out on the highway for 15-20 minutes with the salesman at 80+ mph and was good to go.

Nothing overly concerning during that drive and I was really honed in searching for abnormal cabin noise.

Got a few long highway drives coming up for holiday travel. I will report back on how it fairs..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I picked up a Limited today. I was also concerned about the wind noise. Before I inked the final deal I took the specific one I was purchasing out on the highway for 15-20 minutes with the salesman at 80+ mph and was good to go.

Nothing overly concerning during that drive and I was really honed in searching for abnormal cabin noise.

Got a few long highway drives coming up for holiday travel. I will report back on how it fairs..
Congrats on your new “baby”. What color? Are you loving it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the Lagoon Silver which comes with black interior. Absolutely love it! It is a beautiful vehicle inside and out!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

This is what I plan to do too. Although, now I'm guessing I won't even get one before my lease is up at the end of the year. It sounds like that White Limiteds are not really hitting the dealerships when they are supposed to. I guess time will tell.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts