Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with two things.

1. Dealer said hyundai offers a second level of bumper to bumper warranty of 10 years 120k miles instead of 5 years 60k miles. What is the extra cost associated when adding that to your car price during purchasing? Example, an extra 3k? Dealer is quoting me at $2,600.

2. Hyundai has a platinum protection package (3rd party outside of the warranty) that covers wheel damage, windshield damage, dings, keyfob replacement etc. What is the cost to add that? And is it worth it? Dealer is quoting me at $1,200

I live in the St. Louis area if that helps. Haven't purchased the car yet, but we are heading back this morning to do so.

·
Registered
16 Posts

1. Dealer said hyundai offers a second level of bumper to bumper warranty of 10 years 120k miles instead of 5 years 60k miles. What is the extra cost associated when adding that to your car price during purchasing? Example, an extra 3k? Dealer is quoting me at $2,600.

2. Hyundai has a platinum protection package (3rd party outside of the warranty) that covers wheel damage, windshield damage, dings, keyfob replacement etc. What is the cost to add that? And is it worth it? Dealer is quoting me at $1,200

I live in the St. Louis area if that helps. Haven't purchased the car yet, but we are heading back this morning to do so.

I would recommend Crystal Careau at Burlington (VT) Hyundai. She is easy to work with via email ([email protected]) and/or phone (800-833-5945 or 802-885-5945). I bought my extended warranty through her, as have many others.
Her pricing will beat almost any other Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would recommend Crystal Careau at Burlington (VT) Hyundai. She is easy to work with via email ([email protected]) and/or phone (800-833-5945 or 802-885-5945). I bought my extended warranty through her, as have many others.
Her pricing will beat almost any other Hyundai dealer.
I second this, very reasonable and upfront price, way cheaper than your quote. Search for her name in this forum and you will find another thread with good info and multiple people had smooth transaction with her.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
Make sure these addon's are from Hyundai not some other company
You can have trouble getting the addon's honored in some cases.
Some dealerships don't even file your addon's, just pocket the money them selves.
Dealers love to add these to your purchase, they make half of it.
You can also add these at a later date cheaper, but not from Hyundai

·
Registered
171 Posts

The B2B that I got from Crystal is the Hyundai Platinum Warranty, with the tech in the car I thought it made sense to get it beyond factory 60 month factory warranty. This one extends it to 10 years. This warranty is from Hyundai and is honored by all dealerships across the country.

Personally, I would pass the second one you stated, feels overpriced and unnecessary.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I opted for mfg extended warranty. Don't know if different in USA but, up here, if one does not make a claim on the Hyundai ext warranty, Hyundai will roll it over to next Hyundai or a respectable dealer credit towards cost thereof. One has to be cautious of aftermarket policies. Friend bought one and proving he did recommended oil changes became an issue over a bum rear wiper motor...go figure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Bhmhrex,

I've lurked here often over the last year but only signed up after making a purchase. This forum appears to allow new users to send very few DMs. (Is it really only 1 per 24 hours? I understand and appreciate the concept, but that seems overzealous.) I will reply to your DM as soon as I am able, but congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
161 Posts

For #1, talk to Crystal as mentioned above. $1398 for 10yr/100k, $1598 for 10yr/120k. Genuine Hyundai Protection Plan, no deductible, good at any Hyundai dealership. Smooth and seamless process.

For #2, whether that is worth it is up to you. I passed on this. The things it covers aren't as likely to happen. Can they happen? Absolutely. But whether you want the extra piece of mind is up to you. For example, if you are a person that is likely to lose your key fob (replacement cost $500), it might be more worth it to you than to someone that never loses keys.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We added extended warranty on all the electronics to a full 10 years for $2500. This car is loaded with cameras and electronics so I figured it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We added extended warranty on all the electronics to a full 10 years for $2500. This car is loaded with cameras and electronics so I figured it would be a good idea.
You could have paid a whole lot less for a Hyundai extended warranty through Crystal Careau at Burlington (VT) Hyundai. She is easy to work with via email ([email protected]) and/or phone (800-833-5945 or 802-885-5945). It may not be too late to cancel the warranty you overpaid for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You could have paid a whole lot less for a Hyundai extended warranty through Crystal Careau at Burlington (VT) Hyundai. She is easy to work with via email ([email protected]) and/or phone (800-833-5945 or 802-885-5945). It may not be too late to cancel the warranty you overpaid for.
HER VALID PHONE NUMBERS ARE 802-557-5772 CELL(CALL OR TEXT) AND 802-660-8099 EXT. 147 DEALERSHIP

·
Registered
16 Posts
HER VALID PHONE NUMBERS ARE 802-557-5772 CELL(CALL OR TEXT) AND 802-660-8099 EXT. 147 DEALERSHIP
I am not sure where you found the numbers you listed, but the contact info directly from the dealer's website shows Crystal's contact as [email protected] (802) 448-3803. The webite is www. hyundaivt.com or www burlingtoncars.com. She is the business manager. Regardless of how you reach her she is easy to work with and will undoubtedly save you money over most other Hyundai dealers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am not sure where you found the numbers you listed, but the contact info directly from the dealer's website shows Crystal's contact as [email protected] (802) 448-3803. The webite is www. hyundaivt.com or www burlingtoncars.com. She is the business manager. Regardless of how you reach her she is easy to work with and will undoubtedly save you money over most other Hyundai dealers.
+1 Worked with her as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For #1, talk to Crystal as mentioned above. $1398 for 10yr/100k, $1598 for 10yr/120k. Genuine Hyundai Protection Plan, no deductible, good at any Hyundai dealership. Smooth and seamless process.

For #2, whether that is worth it is up to you. I passed on this. The things it covers aren't as likely to happen. Can they happen? Absolutely. But whether you want the extra piece of mind is up to you. For example, if you are a person that is likely to lose your key fob (replacement cost $500), it might be more worth it to you than to someone that never loses keys.
FYI: We are a family that loses key fobs so I asked about this. Crystal says the platinum Hyundai warranty does not cover key fobs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for sharing Crystal's contact. Got mine $1598 for 10yr/120k.
Since you just got the warranty, did Crystal tell you how the warranty is shared with all Hyundai dealers across the country? Just curious since she's in Vermont and we're here in California. Getting ready to sign with Crystal today. Just waiting for her call back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since you just got the warranty, did Crystal tell you how the warranty is shared with all Hyundai dealers across the country? Just curious since she's in Vermont and we're here in California. Getting ready to sign with Crystal today. Just waiting for her call back.
Her response -
The warranty will be visible from any Hyundai Dealership in the Country as it pulls directly from your VIN, but it does not show on your account. You will have all documents in hand though as I do mail them directly to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts