Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2020 Palisade SEL with packages for a week and still can't figure out what I'm looking for to set cruise control distance. My Palisade does not give me the big center distance display .
While struggling to notice whether it was active or not ...I did briefly see a Tiny Car with little dashes that I moved with the button but then lost it. I think indicate the distances . Really hard to see ....you could almost miss it.
If you have an SEL model can someone please explain the sequence with this and how to make the tiny car icon show itself again.....
This is a pain why something like that wasn't just made the same way on every trim level..
Thanks for any help ...!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK ......!!! So I'm answering my own question .....Lol...?
NoWhere in any directions does it tell you to scroll to the Lane Icon in the center dash.???
Once I was in Smart Cruise Control ..I did this and Voila!! There was the screen I was looking for ....to set the distance . But I also notice once you're in the mode and want to go back to the digital mph screen there still is a little car icon and turns blue when cruising. You can also use this instead of toggling back and forth for distance settings....
I must say it works quite well.
Now if I can only get this beast to stop drifting left....???
The alignment is dead on so it's gotta be tires or something else.
Have an appt. To go for a drive with the Service Mgr. To see what he thinks???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2020 Palisade SEL with packages for a week and still can't figure out what I'm looking for to set cruise control distance. My Palisade does not give me the big center distance display .
While struggling to notice whether it was active or not ...I did briefly see a Tiny Car with little dashes that I moved with the button but then lost it. I think indicate the distances . Really hard to see ....you could almost miss it.
If you have an SEL model can someone please explain the sequence with this and how to make the tiny car icon show itself again.....
This is a pain why something like that wasn't just made the same way on every trim level..
Thanks for any help ...!
I have an SEL.
Press Cruise button to enable Cruise Control.
Toggle downward "set -" to set the cruise speed.
At the top center of your speedometer you should see the front of a car and blue bars indicating your distance. You will only see this while your driving and your cruise is engaged and set.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was having trouble getting it set also. The main step that I missed after turning the SCC on was to toggle DOWN to set the speed. tried it in somewhat heavy traffic today and it worked wonders. Takes some time and guts to get use and trust it. the scariest thing is when a car cuts in front of you. This is why i set the distance to 3 or 4 in less traffic but 2 in heavier traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts