Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy Hyper White / Black
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone did the navigation update through Bluetooth? I received an email from Hyundai with a free map update so I checked the forum and found most if not everyone had issues after the update but I’m not sure they used the Bluetooth way. Leaning to just leave it alone as everything is working just fine right now..2021 Calligraphy.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
41 Posts
The update must be downloaded from a PC or MAC via the update software. The software will need a 64GB USB drive to transfer the files. The you will plug this into the center console usb and follow the instructions. The latest up date will allow the update to take place with out the car being in accessory mode or running. You just need to pick the background mode.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, sounds easy. I just need to figure out how to convert a usb memory stick to iOS plugs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, sounds easy. I just need to figure out how to convert a usb memory stick to iOS plugs.
Don't know why you need iOS plugs? A USB memory stick is compatible with Apple products. If you're thinking of downloading the update to your phone, don't!! A mobile application doesn't carry all the data needed to update a car, that's why you have to have a 64GB memory stick. Download the update to the stick from a computer, then pug into the car. The car will automatically recognize it and start the download.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know why you need iOS plugs? A USB memory stick is compatible with Apple products. If you're thinking of downloading the update to your phone, don't!! A mobile application doesn't carry all the data needed to update a car, that's why you have to have a 64GB memory stick. Download the update to the stick from a computer, then pug into the car. The car will automatically recognize it and start the download.
Good to know, thanks for the info.. I’m not totally tech challenged so I think I have it figured out..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ll have to check this out, I know the car uses USB and the new apple products use USB-C, so I’ll look for an adapter or a memory stick with both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Almost all smartphones made in the past few years are able to read and write to USB sticks formatted with exFat (universal) or ext3 (traditionally Linux and Mac, but supported by everyone now). I'm pretty sure the Palisade will only recognize exFat drives through. The issue with phones is that you can't just download the software update files directly. Instead, you download a program that you must then run, which will, in turn, download the correct files, and there is no Android or iPhone version of that program available. However, if you were to get those download files onto your phone, then you could pretty easily plug in a USB Flashdrive to your phone and copy them over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts