Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the newest version of Navigation Updater and then tried to download the latest update for my 2021 Calligraphy on my 64GB usb, the same I've always used. After logging in, a screen came up stating "Download for this vehicle is not yet available." Does anyone know when Hyundai will be updating the nav for its Palisades?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
I just downloaded the newest version of Navigation Updater and then tried to download the latest update for my 2021 Calligraphy on my 64GB usb, the same I've always used. After logging in, a screen came up stating "Download for this vehicle is not yet available." Does anyone know when Hyundai will be updating the nav for its Palisades?
Your update was available 4/28. If you didn’t get it by 5/2, you’ll find it’s unavailable temporarily due to a server issue.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade
2 Posts
I called Hyundai Customer service and was told there where problems in the update. Software engineers are working on the problems and the update will not be released until May 10th or beyond.Keep checking your navigation updater after May 10 I was told.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Calligraphy
23 Posts
I called Hyundai Customer service and was told there where problems in the update. Software engineers are working on the problems and the update will not be released until May 10th or beyond.Keep checking your navigation updater after May 10 I was told.
This seems far more likely than “server issues.” I’m not in IT, so maybe I’m way wrong, but it seems like a server issue wouldn’t result in a week+ unavailability when other updates are still available.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
I did the 16.0 update and so far every change they made works fine.
They could have done more but all changes are indeed an upgrade over what we had.
No bugs that I see, unless some systems taking a long time to update is the issue

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same as Gene and Trkdrvemt. I did the update last week and it went smooth...just under an hour. Everything works as they said in the details overview. I have not noticed any issues since the install.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
Guys, I posted the exact official response from the Hyundai update website in my post. It very clearly says it expects a return late on 5/12. It also clearly states it is a server issue. Alluding to anything else as the reason is speculation. Unless they’re directly lying to us in their statement.

The only place I’ve ever seen any reference to 5/10 is from the website where you buy a ready-made USB stick (Mapnsoft). They’ve said that is their expected availability date for a while (they typically trail the download release by a week or two).

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Calligraphy
23 Posts
Guys, I posted the exact official response from the Hyundai update website in my post. It very clearly says it expects a return late on 5/12. It also clearly states it is a server issue. Alluding to anything else as the reason is speculation. Unless they’re directly lying to us in their statement.
Not necessarily disagreeing, but swan442 said the Hyundai rep they talked to stated it was a software issue. So the website says one thing and customer service says another thing. At this point, it feels like Schrödinger's Update until there's actual clarity/resolution to the issue.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
331 Posts
Not necessarily disagreeing, but swan442 said the Hyundai rep they talked to stated it was a software issue. So the website says one thing and customer service says another thing. At this point, it feels like Schrödinger's Update until there's actual clarity/resolution to the issue.
I just would definitely believe a written official statement before some random person on the phone. Who knows if they actually know anything.

Looks like they’ve now finally updated the Mapnsoft FAQ page as well to concur with the Hyundai direct download page - server maintenance delays update to May 12, shipping version is now May 20.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade
2 Posts
Not speculation, I was transferred from Hyundai Customer Service to Hyundai Autoever Solutions Center who I was told works with the Navigation and other electronics of the vehicle. I will be waiting a few weeks after the release to Update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Downloaded and am installing as I write this. Update in second hour and seems to be stuck at about 15% (guessing). Is it OK to stop the update? Maybe by shutting off the engine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Downloaded yesterday (v16) for my 2021 Calligraphy. Make sure to follow instructions as stated on website. Download to hard drive first then transfer to USB. Took about an hour to install on vehicle but everything works great, so far. Not too many differences from March update, but there are a few, but it did do away with the vacuum tubes. Wasn't a fan of those.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD, Sierra Burgundy/gray
41 Posts
Downloaded yesterday (v16) for my 2021 Calligraphy. Make sure to follow instructions as stated on website. Download to hard drive first then transfer to USB. Took about an hour to install on vehicle but everything works great, so far. Not too many differences from March update, but there are a few, but it did do away with the vacuum tubes. Wasn't a fan of those.
I think many, if not most, download directly onto a USB drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Downloaded and am installing as I write this. Update in second hour and seems to be stuck at about 15% (guessing). Is it OK to stop the update? Maybe by shutting off the engine?
Took several hours to download to usb, then a few more hours to upload it into the car. Once the upload has been slowly progressing, it suddenly completes the last portion and is done. Patience is a virtue in this process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update: Yes, it did finish ~ 1.5 hrs or so. Progress bar indicator may not accurately reflect progress. But, I should understand best practice on stopping update without bricking the software. This update behaved differently from previous updates with respect displaying progress, before text messages indicated progress, like 'updating GPS.' Initiation of update stated this was an 'audio' update, suggesting maybe only the audio subsystem is updated. Downloaded 12May22. Anywho current firmware after update:
Font Display device Personal luxury car Electronic device Multimedia
Flat panel display Font Computer Gadget Personal luxury car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts