Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife are retired and I are having a great time with this vehicle. The technology is mind blowing. We are so pleased. Anyway, we need a little help on a couple of features. 1. Anyone is using the traffic feature and how do you turn it on?
2. HD weather option. I have tuned in a number of HD stations but cannot get anything and could not really find anything in the owners manual on what we need to do to try it out.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Regards
Bob

·
Registered
264 Posts
This information is from the Car Infotainment System | Quick Reference Guide

Viewing traffic information
1 On the All Menus screen, touch HD Radio Data.
2 TouchTraffic.
3 Select an item from the traffic information lis tto see the details.
To see traffic information along with your current route or to see all available traffic information, touch On Route.
To select the types of traffic information to see, touch Category.

Checking weather information via HD Radio Data
2 TouchWeather.
3 Check today's weather information of your position (for city).
To see weather forecasts for today and the next four days, touch 5 Days.
To see weather information of another area, touch Other City.

Checking weather information in Doppler Radar
2 TouchDopplerRadar.
3 See the weather condition details in the HD Radio coverage area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sterling. Thanks for your help on this it is much appreciated! I get overwhelmed sometimes with all the info and data. I had to take a nap after trying to get some of the technology working. Have had the car about a 6 weeks and still finding new things LOL ... Thanks again!

Bob

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am with you in this. I tend to be a trial and error so of person. The older I get the smarter the cars get so I understand the frustration as well as delight when something that should be working starts working as designed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am with you in this. I tend to be a trial and error so of person. The older I get the smarter the cars get so I understand the frustration as well as delight when something that should be working starts working as designed.
Yes it takes me longer now to get it straight LOL Thanks again, enjoy!

Bob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unfortunately some of us live in flyover country and there isn't any HD stations transmitting weather or traffic data. I've gotten use to plugging in my phone and using android auto. That way I can use either Google Maps or Waze, which not only provides traffic but notification of disabled cars, accidents and presence of police (not that I ever exceed the speed limit). I will say though that I really like the Hyundai Nav system when it is in full screen mode and I do use it quite a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well gave it a try and it stated "HD Data not available". So no traffic or weather. My understanding is that the data comes from an HD Radio station which I did have tuned in and the HD Data light was on. So not sure what the prerequisites are. Anyone?

bob

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well gave it a try and it stated "HD Data not available". So no traffic or weather. My understanding is that the data comes from an HD Radio station which I did have tuned in and the HD Data light was on. So not sure what the prerequisites are. Anyone?

bob
It's possible that the radio station you tuned to doesn't broadcast that type of data. I don't think all of them do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, my wife are retired and I are having a great time with this vehicle. The technology is mind blowing. We are so pleased. Anyway, we need a little help on a couple of features. 1. Anyone is using the traffic feature and how do you turn it on?
2. HD weather option. I have tuned in a number of HD stations but cannot get anything and could not really find anything in the owners manual on what we need to do to try it out.

Any help would be very much appreciated
Regards
Bob
I just picked my Palisade Thursday and was trying to find out why there was no traffic info available when I clicked traffic on the nav screen. However while driving by Nav yesterday I noticed beside the blue tooth symbol and HD symbol. I selected traffic and there was a response that there were no traffic problems instead of an error message. On the same trip today there was no HD symbol and no traffic messages. I will try the recommended procedure from the infotainment manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts