Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stand by my comment re 2017 Santa Fe.
The 2021 Palisade navigation system is still the worst in the known universe.
It thinks Desert Pass, the street I live on is S. Belvidere and when the street number 240 is added, it finds the address, but places it at 200 Desert Pass.
Asked it for a restaurant yesterday. Map directions were correct but voice insisted I turn on a street I passed half a mile before.
Bolttom line. If you want laughs, go with Hyundai. For directions, use your phone.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
That isn't the navigation system it is the programming of Mapnsoft.
They have a place on their web page you can enter corrections
for their programming in the next update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That isn't the navigation system it is the programming of Mapnsoft.
They have a place on their web page you can enter corrections
for their programming in the next update.
Whatever. I paid Hyundai a lot of money for what is basically a garbage system. I did let Mapnsoft know but when the customer can't trust their navigation, what's the point? Is Mapnsoft owned by some nephew of the Hyundai CEO or does the company simply sell the system cheap because they have a couple of Korean kids in a back room inputting data from a '74 Rand McNally atlas?

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
Mapnsoft uses Google gps mapping.
I've yet to have a single problem with the navigation using the navigation button on the overhead console

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mapnsoft uses Google gps mapping.
I've yet to have a single problem with the navigation using the navigation button on the overhead console
Then Mapnsoft must must be using reallly old Google data. Albuquerque house numbers were more than nine years out of date. El Paso information at least four years old without correction. Android phone and PC Google maps were up to date for both places.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That seems to work much better. Not sure why?
I started using Gene's suggestion to use the overhead button but that is still where I got the bad verbal instructions for the restaurant yesterday and incorrect directions back to my home.

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited AWD burgundy w/light tan interior
45 Posts
I have used the navigation system extensively in multiple states and haven’t experienced a single issue.

·
Registered
127 Posts
In my opinion there is a statement made in this post that is not acceptable and should be deleted.
Whatever. I paid Hyundai a lot of money for what is basically a garbage system. I did let Mapnsoft know but when the customer can't trust their navigation, what's the point? Is Mapnsoft owned by some nephew of the Hyundai CEO or does the company simply sell the system cheap because they have a couple of Korean kids in a back room inputting data from a '74 Rand McNally atlas?

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
I would guess unless someone takes the time to report an error to mapnsoft , the original mapping stays the same for places.
New additions and removal of places, along with corrections should make a change.
No navigation system is perfect, some people get used to a different system and have problems with the new ones.
We all have our opinion.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello Gene, my post relating to being inappropriate has nothing to do with the opinion of the OP. Far from it, that is exactly what these forums are for. However I do take issue with the statement made by OP, “..or does the company simply sell the system cheap because they have a couple of Korean kids in a back room inputting data from a '74 Rand McNally atlas?” This language is simply inappropriate and has no place on this forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I consider Hyundai to be the best Navigation system out there. Have used it multiple times over the last 5 years with a Sonata and now my Palisade and never had an issue. I had a 2019 RDX that has the worst NAV system known to man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts