Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Palisade Limited November 23, 2019 and keep having issues with the Navigation system, the problem is its infrequent. I set my destination and its states the navigation will start and nothing happens, this has happen in cold weather and in warm weather. It worked well one cold morning only to stop working in the afternoon. Once I arrive a my destination, I usually see the same navigation screen and mileage to destination that it had when the navigation started. I turn the vehicle off and on with no change. Once the vehicle sits for one to two hours, it starts up and works fine. I took my vehicle to the dealership and they kept it for 2 days and could not identify the problem. They did a hard reboot of my system and the problem started again just days later. I use to own a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport for 5 years with a Navigation system and never had this problem. They keep telling me that no one else has this problem. I do not believe this, I think some people think its a glitch and have not reported it. I am calling for Palisade owners to report all problems with your Navigation system. You need to be able to trust your Navigation system.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Not sure if this is related but there is a software recall for the NAV system. We use AppleCarPlay + Waze exclusively so we could be having the same issue we just don’t use it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you hear about the Software Recall? The Hyundai dealer here does not seem to be aware of any problems with the Navigation system

·
Banned
673 Posts
Dealer told us. Also noted on our invoice from our last visit:

A) Window switch connector backed out / repaired
B) Wind noise - parts ordered
C) Airbag recall completed
D) NAV software update - parts ordered

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. Just to let you know my Blind Spot warning system has turned itself off about 15 times over the last 4 days. The dealer just told me that there is software update to fix this problem that just came out 3 days ago. I have a appointment to get it done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[
Thinking which navigation device would be best for your vehicle! Solve all dilemma after visiting DPS dealers at https://dpsdealers.com/category/gps-navigation for best deals and products.
[/QUOTE] Keep in mind that factory installed systems are interactive, like telling you where the nearest gas station is, when you run low on gas.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went to the site that Shrey mentioned and it is not a place that I would purchase anything from at all. No details on any of the products that are listed out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Palisade Limited November 23, 2019 and keep having issues with the Navigation system, the problem is its infrequent. I set my destination and its states the navigation will start and nothing happens, this has happen in cold weather and in warm weather. It worked well one cold morning only to stop working in the afternoon. Once I arrive a my destination, I usually see the same navigation screen and mileage to destination that it had when the navigation started. I turn the vehicle off and on with no change. Once the vehicle sits for one to two hours, it starts up and works fine. I took my vehicle to the dealership and they kept it for 2 days and could not identify the problem. They did a hard reboot of my system and the problem started again just days later. I use to own a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport for 5 years with a Navigation system and never had this problem. They keep telling me that no one else has this problem. I do not believe this, I think some people think its a glitch and have not reported it. I am calling for Palisade owners to report all problems with your Navigation system. You need to be able to trust your Navigation system.
did you ever get your issue resolved? I have the same problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts