Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly love our 2020 Palisade, but on 4 occasions the the Navigation system, audio and cameras have all failed, completely shutdown, black screen. When this happens the graphic wheel, in the middle window over the steering wheel coninues to spin, like it is trying to connect with next step. Dealer has checked, says cannot find anything. When you turn the car off over night, next morning everything functions correctly. Just drove 8+ hours without these functions, stopped 4 times for 15 to 30 minutes, continued to malfunction until home and in garage overnight.
Anyone else have this probem or a suggestion to correct.???

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
179 Posts
Mostly love our 2020 Palisade, but on 4 occasions the the Navigation system, audio and cameras have all failed, completely shutdown, black screen. When this happens the graphic wheel, in the middle window over the steering wheel coninues to spin, like it is trying to connect with next step. Dealer has checked, says cannot find anything. When you turn the car off over night, next morning everything functions correctly. Just drove 8+ hours without these functions, stopped 4 times for 15 to 30 minutes, continued to malfunction until home and in garage overnight.
When it does it, just hit the reset button down by the tune knob. You’ll need a pen tip or paperclip or similar.

Hopefully resetting will prevent it from continuing to happen, but if you ever have it happen again, give it a shot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T
When it does it, just hit the reset button down by the tune knob. You’ll need a pen tip or paperclip or similar.

Hopefully resetting will prevent it from continuing to happen, but if you ever have it happen again, give it a shot.
Thanks very much, you would think the dealer would have told me. I will reset today as a prevention, and carry a paper clip if it happens again.
I'll post if it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called the dealer, asked about reset switch. I reset. All seems okay fingers crossed in won't happen again. Software problem is my guess, Maybe they should import software from Germany, like BMW.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Called the dealer, asked about reset switch. I reset. All seems okay fingers crossed in won't happen again. Software problem is my guess, Maybe they should import software from Germany, like BMW.
I understand most of the auto manufacturers software code is written by 3rd party suppliers and integration of these many, many software controlled devices is one of the greatest technical challenges in todays vehicles. German car makers are no exception. Unbelievably complex!

·
Registered
354 Posts
OMG, as soon as I read your post, I had to run out to my Pali and see for myself if there could be possibly something I don't know about the interior after all this time. There it was, hidden in plain site! Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had engine shut down completely while wait for red light. finally worked with chief mechanic test drive for hours without any finding. At the end, car's battery terminal is not secure and one of five ground were loose. After that visit no more visisit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts