Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
694 Posts
You must use a 64GB stick as the program also saves all your info to the stick while it is updating. The stick must have room for the update and all your saved destinations, settings and other things while it is updating.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have the files on a 64gb stick, but the car wont read them. What are they named so the car will read them 21 palisade limited
These are the files that were on my stick:
Font Technology Darkness Screenshot Number

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thank you,but the July update files are different.
The second file on my list tells you the version and the 220419 in that file is the release date. What is the version on your stick?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Reactions: Trkdrvremt

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
41 Posts
I have the files on a 64gb stick, but the car wont read them. What are they named so the car will read them 21 palisade limited
Hamilton123,

You just need to use the Hyundai app to download the files. The app will the copy the files to the USB drive. I use a 64GB drive and no issues. I have had success upgrading twice, using this method. I thing when people start looking at the file, they want to copy the files to the drive and then have issues.

Keep the process simple.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited aka White Chariot
14 Posts
Their instructions used to state a 32gb SD card (Note: for older Hyundai vehicles) or 64gb USB stick. Not sure why they changed it, but it still states this in the FAQ.

You should use a 64gb USB stick.
Thank you for your response. The instructions for my 2020 Palisade Limited still say 32gb usb stick :confused:
I was afraid the 64gb wouldn't work with the update. I ordered the 64gb and we shall see 🙂 thanks

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited aka White Chariot
14 Posts
So the update on the 64gb usb worked flawlessly. I downloaded directly to the usb stick to save time.
As others have stated, you can run the update with the car off. You will get a text message when it is complete. It took about 60-70 minutes to do the update in the car. Hyundai should really update their update site to reflect the fact that it needs a 64gb usb stick (for the Palisade Limited). It still reads 32gb

·
Registered
75 Posts
Test the read speed of your USB drive, as it can make a big difference in how long the update(s) take. Any SanDisk drives should be fine, but before downloading the update to the drive, try copying a medium-sized file (like a 500 MB video clip), and then copy the file back to your computer. If you are getting less than 40 MB/sec read speeds, use a different drive.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts